What's new

Documentary - JF-17 Thunder Program: Affordable Air Power.

A very nice documentary.

JF-17 is definitely the most affordable and logical solution for a number of countries who wants to replace their older fleet.

I hope the success of Thunder acts as an eye opener for our own industry which is very used to delays .

Thanks for posting this.

A documentary on JF-17 program made by me using various video resources.

Youtube Link>

Vimeo:

Facebook Link>
Documentary - JF-17 Thunder Program. - Pakistan Defence | Facebook

A quick question to the airforce aficionados on this forum:

In the second video posted by Horus above, what is the maneuver done by the Thunder from 11:00 - 11:05 called. Appears to be more than just a simple aileron twist which we've seen the Thunder do repeatedly. Is that a barrel roll? Are they easy to do? I was reminded of the film Stealth where EDI does a very similar roll over 2 aircraft with an immense amount of displacement on its lateral axis and I'd always thought that that was something extraordinary and in the realm of supermaneuverability. Is it a big deal? Also is it possible for the Thunder to a similar roll with greater lateral displacement?

@Windjammer ?

A quick question to the airforce aficionados on this forum:

In the second video posted by Horus above, what is the maneuver done by the Thunder from 11:00 - 11:05 called. Appears to be more than just a simple aileron twist which we've seen the Thunder do repeatedly. Is that a barrel roll? Are they easy to do? I was reminded of the film Stealth where EDI does a very similar roll over 2 aircraft with an immense amount of displacement on its lateral axis and I'd always thought that that was something extraordinary and in the realm of supermaneuverability. Is it a big deal? Also is it possible for the Thunder to a similar roll with greater lateral displacement?

@Windjammer ?
True.Reminded me of EDI.....Well,this JFT looked absolutely brilliant while doing that maneuver

Some background music would have been nice.

Back
Top Bottom