Do or die....open questions to the IAF pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
@Harisudan, Sir, else where on this forum, you claimed to be a former IAF pilot, who served with No 28 Squadron, flying MiG-29 Fulcrums out of Jamnagar. I have no dispute with that, however your bold claims towards the PAF did get my attention thus a reply was necessary. I must point out that like most members on the forum, i just sit on the computer but i have some contacts in the PAF. So when i conveyed your remarks to my contact, initially he wasn't interested in the kids fight with claims and counter claims as his profession is above and beyond this chest thumping, however, upon some persuasion, he decided to make some brief comments, hence, firstly let me quote your post. (Edited)

And regarding PAF well equipped and prepared to take on IAF, you can say that here, because this is PDF and nobody is going to prove you otherwise..
I've known your falcons from the day my SQN was dedicated to counter your Falcon's and only your Falcons and nothing else..
here is a tit bit news I'll give which is not known to many civilians here..
After Kargil every time PAF Falcon took to Skies Fulcrums will be in the air on patrol and this had been the condition for many years together and we could see the Falcon taking off sitting from way inside our territory ..
You can check your PAF reports on airspace violation committed by PAF from 1998 till today, you'll get a fair idea about what I'm trying to say when you see the graph steeply coming down after 1998..
On a fair perspective, PAF cannot defend itself on an all out war not for More than (3-4 days)and god forbid that from happening..Your Officers and our officers both know this..It is people like u sitting in front of the keyboard live in such day dreams..
IAF have moved out of Pakistan centric approach long back, to be precise decades back and that is the main reason for the procurement of Flankers from Russia..PAF is no more a threat..Hell not even PLAF when it comes to defending ourselves..We can very well defend our borders from both the threats even combined..
I do not want to make this another PAF vs IAF thread, because it may hurt many peoples ego..
Experts here can prove me otherwise(If at all any PAF experts are here)..
Firstly, kindly enlighten us as what ability does the IAF possesses that you could actually see the Falcons taking off from within your own border ????... did you have satellites permanently rotating over PAF bases beaming live pictures to you or some hidden cameras perched around PAF airfields, even the AWACS pick up the adversary once it's airborne and then observes it's intentions before ordering a hot scramble or directing it's own fighters..!!! By disclosing that every time PAF Falcons took to the skies, your squadron would start patrolling in air.....you are indirectly admitting the threat PAF had installed in the minds of IAF. You were airborne regardless of the fact, whether PAF aircraft were on a training sortie, on exercise or merely on a ferry flight...the IAF felt compelled to start patrolling. !!
The bold claim of PAF not lasting more than a few days is very unprofessional like, for even the US didn't say that about Iraqi AF before the start of Dessert Storm. From it's past history and records, what does the IAF has to show for itself, the only time the IAF eventually managed to perform was in Kargil, that too after much help and input from certain countries and facing no aerial opposition and even then, resorting to high altitude bombings of designated areas. Albeit, PAF had no BVR capability during the Kargil conflict and IAF even awarded one of it's pilot for gaining a lock on a PAF aircraft from within it's own air space but you will seldom hear PAF boasting on what happened when a flight of Fulcrums jinxed and quickly exited the scene once they were made aware of Falcons presence by the Indian ground controller otherwise the IAF pilots were completely unaware of the Falcons trailing them.
Last time when some serious hostilities flared up is more commonly known as the 2002 stand off, which lasted for almost a year. I just happened to be visiting Pakistan in May June of that year, it was when an IAF Searcher-II UAV (of israeli origin) was shot down in the middle of night by the PAF. As a person on family holiday, i didn't think much of it but in due course it became obvious how serious was the situation during that summer. If you were indeed in the IAF then you would know and understand as to why PAF launched interceptors to shoot down the UAV, rather than taking it out with ground based systems. Many would be unaware of this but let me ask you, what transpired on the night of 28/29 June when the IAF was fully poised to launch attacks on Pakistan, if you don't believe me ask your superiors, that night, former PAF Air Chief and C in C, after issuing battle orders to the PAF, spent all night in the operation center to witness the battle.
What made the IAF stand down after all the preparations, did it smell fear, perhaps it was too shocked to find out that Falcons were already patrolling the secret corridors and IAF aircraft will be intercepted before they even cross the border or maybe it became aware of the order, which basically was do or die.

@Oscar @Horus @Hyperion @fatman17 @Icarus @Rashid Mahmood

RADARS ..?? didn't we operate LR radars back then ..?

@Windjammer he probably meant IAF having considerable radar coverage over PAK airspace , now u being weird n all prolly misunderstood his post ....!!!

Last edited:
RADARS ..?? didn't we operate LR radars back then ..?

@Windjammer he probably meant IAF having considerable radar coverage over PAK airspace , now u being weird n all prolly misunderstood his post ....!!!
Oh we have Mr Brains here splashing it all out.....IAF and PAF both have radar coverage and can see hundred plus miles into each other's air space but claiming to be able to see Falcons taking off is indeed weird.

@Windjammer Leme clearify 1 thing Falcons are one of the best and most effective Pak ever acquired
I have seen your past posts their are mostly regarding air boys , In Skies Yes machines does matter but in the end it comes up to the men whos flying it and what he can do wit that when a civi looks at a weapon system he looks differently then air man , or soldier because a real war is not just some game where, when you have most soldiers you can throw them and you will win ,
Indian do have the problem of underestimating every one and overestimating themselves thats a very deadly thing to do Bcz Paf sole purpose was to defend its border from any invading army , and history has shown that they are doing it pretty good .Modern War is more about which Force is synced and easy logistic supply . can change its location at fast pace nd keep surprising enemy , in end they Will win doesnt matter how big or small they are.
1 advice 99% of people here in pdf never ever saw even the the inside of cockpit not been 10 ft away to real fighter jet tell me how can they know what these babies can do so leave the man who are doing these jobs to them cz we know better

On 28 June , I was seated in my cockpit for nearly 50 minutes when the call out came from our ground controller that our mission was delayed. Our lead captain was horrified. It was a mission which held some importance, so he was told and he looked forward to participating in the exercise. This was more especially in light of the fact that we had conducted an 18 day practice run and a grilling full flight and maneuver exercise which had our team on full mental and physical alert. Our birds were fully reconed and ready for full trust. Our lead captain believed that his team was being omitted from the mission, not realizing that the mission was cancelled by the politicians in Delhi

@Oscar @Horus, as you can see, i was only replying to comments raised by the Indian member.
Kindly remove the cockroaches crawling all over .

Using Foul Language & You Are Simply Inviting Troll & Flames.
When You Could Have Simply Replied in the ORIGINAL Thread.

Should we Start NEW THREADS for New REPLIES ?
@Chak Bamu

@Windjammer

I didn't reply to that post. In other words, i didn't take it seriously. Its meritless and therefore not worthy of our time.

@Windjammer

I didn't reply to that post. In other words, i didn't take it seriously. Its meritless and therefore not worthy of our time.

nurakusti

On 28 June , I was seated in my cockpit for nearly 50 minutes when the call out came from our ground controller that our mission was delayed. Our lead captain was horrified. It was a mission which held some importance, so he was told and he looked forward to participating in the exercise. This was more especially in light of the fact that we had conducted an 18 day practice run and a grilling full flight and maneuver exercise which had our team on full mental and physical alert. Our birds were fully reconed and ready for full trust. Our lead captain believed that his team was being omitted from the mission, not realizing that the mission was cancelled by the politicians in Delhi
So you too are IAF... Good to know that.

Would you like to comment something on your fellow brothers post, quoted up there by the thread-maker.

Thanks

Knowing how highly you regard your country's airforce windjammer, i will try to be gentle.

Firstly, yes IAF has the capability to know about every plane taking off from pakistan (or something to that effect). and this is before it got its phalcon awacs many years ago which makes the job a lot easier considering the lack of strategic depth pakistan has vis a vis india, which meant IAF has access to pak airspace info without even crossing the border. you see i had a friend who used to tell me about his fathers job (in the navy) to keep track of subs docking in karachi. and this was in the 90s, before india had dedicated military satellites. i cant imagine what IAF has access to today.

secondly, about PAF lasting a few days against india may be exaggerated, considering defence itself to be force multiplier.
It may however interest you to know that in the 1971 war PAFin the western wing was on the backfoot while IAF was bombing the hell out of wast pakistan especially the karachi harbour. considering the much more widened capabilities between the two forces today, what he said may not be an exaggeration
PAF boasting on what happened when a flight of Fulcrums jinxed and quickly exited the scene once they were made aware of Falcons presence by the Indian ground controller otherwise the IAF pilots were completely unaware of the Falcons trailing them.

Source: Do or die....open questions to the IAF pilot
:lol: source please

Last time when some serious hostilities flared up is more commonly known as the 2002 stand off, which lasted for almost a year. I just happened to be visiting Pakistan in May June of that year, it was when an IAF Searcher-II UAV (of israeli origin) was shot down in the middle of night by the PAF. As a person on family holiday, i didn't think much of it but in due course it became obvious how serious was the situation during that summer. If you were indeed in the IAF then you would know and understand as to why PAF launched interceptors to shoot down the UAV, rather than taking it out with ground based systems. Many would be unaware of this but let me ask you, what transpired on the night of 28/29 June when the IAF was fully poised to launch attacks on Pakistan, if you don't believe me ask your superiors, that night, former PAF Air Chief and C in C, after issuing battle orders to the PAF, spent all night in the operation center to witness the battle.

so PAF shot down an IAF drone. congratulations:victory:
there is something else you should know. unlike in your country the indian military is the sword arm of the indian government and they do not call the shots.
the deescalation had very little to do with the "might" of pakistan military or even its nukes
it had more to do with economics
India, Pakistan And G.E. - New York Times

What made the IAF stand down after all the preparations, did it smell fear, perhaps it was too shocked to find out that Falcons were already patrolling the secret corridors and IAF aircraft will be intercepted before they even cross the border or maybe it became aware of the order, which basically was do or die.

:laugh: OMG

Last edited:
I have read some posts of @Harisudan Looks more like fanboy stuff than a professional with a military background. PAF or IAF they often comment with objectivity instead of sensationalism. I think this factor lacks in his posts. I have also read posts of IAF veterans who participated in 65 or 71 wars. They appreciated their foes and give them credit when it was due.

Anyways may be he is an exception in IAF officers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom