What's new

Do I need a BBA/MBA degree to start a business?

abdulbarijan

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
With so many videos from self described successes, get rich quick schemes etc. I thought writing about this specific topic was kinda the need of the hour, especially for the young ones in our culture. Your opinion?

Do I Need a BBA / MBA degree to start a business?

graduation-907565_1920.jpg

With the wealth of knowledge available on the internet, there are some that have given rise to the idea that 'degrees are useless'. With new graduates being paid very little, the critics believe that one should pursue business opportunities instead. A business in its simplest form is an individual/ entity/organization trying to sell a product or a service to earn a profit. This activity certainly doesn't require a formal degree. However ....

Read full article here.

https://business-educator.blogspot.com/2020/03/do-i-need-bba-mba-degree-to-start.html

If someone is planning to start a business (with a goal to hire a few people and supply goods to other parts of the country or even export his products), it's always a good idea to complete a bachelors in business administration. MBA is not required.

A BBA gives the business aspirants some basic knowledge about marketing, commerce, local regulations, import/ export procedures, banking procedures etc..

But if someone is planning to only open a one-man-run grocery or a milk shop, he can spend the money on his business rather than on BBA.

To start a business ................NO
To manage business ............ Yes

i have experienced difficulties managing accounts. though i am running my business successfully. alhamdullilah

You need to learn the foundation of business however you do. College certificate doesn't have your success in it. If you are keen you may study those 24 subjects on your own and improve your understanding - but presence or absence of college degree has 0% contribution to your business success.

Here, watch this video form one of the richest entrepreneurs to understand what kind of education you need to be a Billionaire.

And here are my learnings from him put into a blog. Hope this helps.

If you want to businesses, do CSS :P kidding apart.. that is the route..
our business setup is still far from innovation start up, which requires managing, creating,marketing... mainly there are merchants, sale dealers,food points etc... I mean do we have services, like find a lawyer, journey plans, amazon, type services sector?

If you have natural know how to do a business then you don't need a BBA, or MBA. A lot of people started off with no degree, used their natural skills, hired smart people to manage and developed.

Learn on the job. Read online, do a few short courses online (Google futurelearn) but you don't need a degree to succeed in business - you need experience and hardwork.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom