What's new

DIY Desktop Rig - Home office/Light Gaming

Just tell OP, I play games at pretty good setting.

And $100 video card like 7770 are enough for most people for gaming at good settings, there are enough online articles to prove this if you search.

BTW, it seems your motherboard only support 8GB memory. Definitely IMO, 8GB is enough.

What a idiot. If you can not prove anything, just shut up.
Reduce the cost of CPU, power supply, memory, video card up to 50%.

^calm down. one can have differring meanings of what constitutes light-gaming.
the fact that OP posted an 8core processor and 2GB 7850 GPU pointed to an occasional but smooth gameplay for today(and future titles).

the specs you are posting will not run current games such as crysis 3 at pleasant details.

let the OP decide.

Just tell OP, I play games at pretty good setting.

And $100 video card like 7770 are enough for most people for gaming at good settings, there are enough online articles to prove this if you search.
BTW, it seems your motherboard only support 8GB memory. Definitely IMO, 8GB is enough.
7770 is bare-minimum, not a good way to build a future-ready PC
http://www.pcworld.com/article/254346/radeon_hd_7770_review_bare_minimum_for_serious_gamers.html

35FPS in Crysis 2 is not enough by any measure.

and what is the point suggesting a big IPS monitor if you cut down 50% on CPU/GPU budget.

Your power supply is overkill. I think 600W is more then enough for that system, maybe even that is too much.

Also you could probably save some money by buying cheaper RAM. You could then pass on the savings from the PSU and RAM into buying better graphics card and processor.

Alright game cocks. Settle down.

Can anybody tell me whats the max I can expect out of my Nvdia 630M with an I3.

Humor me, post a video of your computer running Just Cause 2. I could use a laugh right now.

If you are not an idiot, you can simply use google to find the fact. There are enough online article and videos.

For example, just cause 2 maxed out with radeon HD 7770 which is less than $100

Just cause 2 HD 7770 MAXED OUT - YouTube

Ok, my last post to you, hate to waste time.

Alright game cocks. Settle down.

Can anybody tell me whats the max I can expect out of my Nvdia 630M with an I3.
mid-level combo for a notebook. you should be able to play mid-level details on most(excluding crysis2,3 etc) games.

If you are not an idiot, you can simply use google to find the fact. There are enough online article and videos.

For example, just cause 2 maxed out with radeon HD 7770 which is less than $100

Just cause 2 HD 7770 MAXED OUT - YouTube

Ok, my last post to you, hate to waste time.
Buy a big (IPS) monitor.
Just cause maxed out @ 1280x720. is that the resolution you play on a "big IPS monitor"?

1280x720? What year is this? 2004? :lol:

I did not pay attention to that. Now you got a 1920x1080 maxed out on 7770. So it is 2013, happy now?

AMD HD 7770 Just Cause 2 Maxed Out [HD] - YouTube

Seriously, just google, you find a lot.

Check your own link:
Radeon HD 7770 Review: Bare Minimum for Serious Gamers.

It is minimum for Serious Gamers, enough for light gaming?

Op's choice.

I did not pay attention
we know
Check your own link:
Radeon HD 7770 Review: Bare Minimum for Serious Gamers.

It is minimum for Serious Gamers, enough for light gaming?

Op's choice.
getting 33FPS on a game like JC2 is inadequate IMO. (the machine won't have longevity)
your card is fine to be paired up with an i3. not with an 8core AMD.
anyway, i'm sure OP has enough info to decide for himself. thanks for your inputs. :tup:

@sandy_3126
Sandy, you should also look into this card. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC 2GB. It's price is $203 but newegg offer a discount of $20, bringing it to the $183 mark!!! it's a better card than 7850 and sometimes beat the HD7870 in some games too. Nvidia Physx is a positive side too. It has faster clocks but based on 192bit architecture. Check whether the discount is valid
GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com
OR
You could get MSI HD7870 2GB card at $194 too. It's slightly more future proofing and handles multiple monitors at high definition gaming.
I recommend Nvidia gtx 660 coz of PhysX, Adaptive Vsync and their better tie ups with game developers. You'll benefit from that.
Newegg.com - MSI R7870-2GD5T/OC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

Last edited by a moderator:
@sandy_3126
Sandy, you should also look into this card. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 OC 2GB. It's price is $203 but newegg offer a discount of $20, bringing it to the $183 mark!!! it's a better card than 7850 and sometimes beat the HD7870 in some games too. Nvidia Physx is a positive side too. It has faster clocks but based on 192bit architecture. Check whether the discount is valid
GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Newegg.com
OR
You could get MSI HD7870 2GB card at $194 too. It's slightly more future proofing and handles multiple monitors at high definition gaming.
I recommend Nvidia gtx 660 coz of PhysX, Adaptive Vsync and their better tie ups with game developers. You'll benefit from that.
Newegg.com - MSI R7870-2GD5T/OC Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card

All of the above are great suggestions, thanks a lot. BUT my wife might kick me out if I start building a gaming rig!... GTX 660 seems like a very good card!!! thanks again mate!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the above are great suggestions, thanks a lot. BUT my wife might kick me out if I start building a gaming rig!... GTX 660 seems like a very good card!!! thanks again mate!!!

Don't mention it mate, my pleasure. I didn't looked for GTX 660 or HD7870 earlier coz both are in $200+ range. The deal looks good as you are already planning to spend $179, just get any of the two your money worth it. For the wife's part, sadly it's same here. I was planning to build a gaming rig with Asus GTX 670 or Asus HD7970 later this year and my plans hit a dead end couple of weeks ago, when she found the entire rig config with current pricing in my laptop. Good Luck :)

Back
Top Bottom