What's new

Disproving some genocide claims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whose side you are on? I can see now why your compatriots are calling you neo-Razakar on the internet.

You are justifying the murders and atrocities on your own people and making excuses for the people who did that! Just to get acceptance here and to feed the hatreds that you have for India.

Pathetic! Pathetic!

I don't think this is about choosing sides, it is about realizing that the conflict was not a clean 'black and white' one, and that with the emotions dying down, the 'victors history' needs to be reexamined and the truth found, as was suggested in the conference subsequent to the declassification of US documents pertaining to those events, by Bangladeshi and Pakistani officials and researchers.

Atrocities and massacres committed by both sides, there is no question about that, they contributed to the escalation and exacerbation of the situation, and the grey areas and complexities were complicated by Indian supported groups and militants.

Remember that I have often said that the intention for covert support for militant groups in Kashmir was not so innocents woudl be massacred, but some of the groups have gone out of control. It is likely the same happened in East Pakistan with the Indian supported militants.

I don't think this is about choosing sides, it is about realizing that the conflict was not a clean 'black and white' one, and that with the emotions dying down, the 'victors history' needs to be reexamined and the truth found, as was suggested in the conference subsequent to the declassification of US documents pertaining to those events, by Bangladeshi and Pakistani officials and researchers.

Atrocities and massacres committed by both sides, there is no question about that, they contributed to the escalation and exacerbation of the situation, and the grey areas and complexities were complicated by Indian supported groups and militants.

Remember that I have often said that the intention for covert support for militant groups in Kashmir was not so innocents woudl be massacred, but some of the groups have gone out of control. It is likely the same happened in East Pakistan with the Indian supported militants.

While I see your point about it not being a black and white issue and appreciating the grey areas, my comments about Munshi's post remain valid. On this issue he always seems to convey the message that it was an issue for India only and not for Bangladeshis. The way he tried to justify the atrocities on his countrymen remains disgusting. And I think I identified the reasons he did so correctly.

I think the hatred for India has effected the faculty to see the issues in its context. Saying that atrocities happened from his countrymen also is one thing, using that to justify the military crackdown is another. I think even most sensible Pakistanis regret what happened in 1971.

While I see your point about it not being a black and white issue and appreciating the grey areas, my comments about Munshi's post remain valid. On this issue he always seems to convey the message that it was an issue for India only and not for Bangladeshis. The way he tried to justify the atrocities on his countrymen remains disgusting. And I think I identified the reasons he did so correctly.

I think the hatred for India has effected the faculty to see the issues in its context. Saying that atrocities happened from his countrymen also is one thing, using that to justify the military crackdown is another. I think even most sensible Pakistanis regret what happened in 1971.

I think it is important to perhaps look at the atrocities in the context of the violence of partition, when atrocities and blood shed just spiraled by both sides - this is not making excuses for the atrocities, it is recognizing human nature and the capacity for humans to become animals in the pursuit of revenge. We saw it 1947, and we saw it in 1971 - it does not mean excuses are being made, just that both sides were responsible for the situation getting out of control.

I agree there is no depth human beings can't sink to.

And there is no height they can't scale. Just different circumstances and the same person can be a devil or an angel.

I agree there is no depth human beings can't sink to.

And there is no height they can't scale. Just different circumstances and the same person can be a devil or an angel.

Its all about ignorance and intelligence.

Whose side you are on? I can see now why your compatriots are calling you neo-Razakar on the internet.

You are justifying the murders and atrocities on your own people and making excuses for the people who did that! Just to get acceptance here and to feed the hatreds that you have for India.

Pathetic! Pathetic!

I am not justifying anything. I want to know the truth about the war not the BS version fed to us by India and their lackeys in Bangladesh.

I am not justifying anything. I want to know the truth about the war not the BS version fed to us by India and their lackeys in Bangladesh.

Whom are you trying to fool here? You can't fool me and there is no point in fooling yourself (nature has taken care of that).

So take time and research it as you do that for a living but I doubt it will make you popular in bangladesh or Pakistan i suspect.

Regards

And what seems to be preventing them from doing that?

Fooling you is really not much of a challenge. What I said stands. Bangladeshis need to know the truth about 71.

i think bangladeshi people know very well abut 71

you have half of your nation eye witness

books and that days new pepers

its not much old story friend

You can only take the horse to the water and no further.

And here its not even a horse we are talking about... ;)

Last edited:
You can only take the horse to the water and no further.

And here its not even a horse we are talking about... ;)

I suggest you stick to banging elephants but if you prefer horses thats your prerogative.

Last edited:
i think bangladeshi people know very well abut 71

Actually they don't. We only know what has been fed to us by the Indian media. We only have half the story - the Indian version. Bangladesh is still creating its own independent understanding of the war. The Indian incitement on Shiekh Mujib in certain of his decisions is never discussed in Bangladesh. Indian intelligence infiltration from the 1960's in East Pakistan is also avoided. I assumed Pakistan would want Bangladeshis to clarify for themselves on these issues. Pakistanis should get away from the gut reaction that when a Bangladeshi raises the 1971 war it will be the same old Pakistan blame game. I want to look at issues from a fresh perspective and avoid the prejudices of the older generation. For Pakistan 1971 is a closed story for Bangladesh it is an open one as we reassess our relationship with India and understand New Delhi's motivations in assisting East Pakistan at that time. It will also help Bangladesh in its dealings with India today as it can now stop being the forever grateful recipient of Indian assistance. That has been a heavy burden to bear for the last 37 years but now we can lift it.

Last edited:
Saying that atrocities happened from his countrymen also is one thing, using that to justify the military crackdown is another.

Where and when did I justify the crackdown? Stop making up stuff ..... :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom