What's new

DISCUSSION: COULD THE ISTANBUL-CLASS FRIGATE INTEREST PAKISTAN?

The Umkhonto-EIR could be quad-packable. Well, the illustration shown by DCNS suggests that the CAMM and Umkhonto are similarly sized, so if the CAMM can quad-pack into the SYLVER A35, so should the Umkhonto.

http://fr.dcnsgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/FP_SMA_Sylver_GB_DEF.pdf

Not sure that size is all that matters in quad-packablility, i think the missile with all fins ect need to designed from the start for this capability. Now the Umkhonto may have that capability, but onhave not seen or heard that it has been used to that effect anywhere. Furthermore, 35km of ramge may be a significant upgrade for PN but i would hope for something more. Even the 40km K-SAAM is short in my estimation, but i guess both would do of CAMM weren't available.

Not sure that size is all that matters in quad-packablility, i think the missile with all fins ect need to designed from the start for this capability. Now the Umkhonto may have that capability, but onhave not seen or heard that it has been used to that effect anywhere. Furthermore, 35km of ramge may be a significant upgrade for PN but i would hope for something more. Even the 40km K-SAAM is short in my estimation, but i guess both would do of CAMM weren't available.
The Agosta 90B's new radars are coming from the UK, so the CAMM might be doable in the end.

The Agosta 90B's new radars are coming from the UK, so the CAMM might be doable in the end.

In the end, i honestly believe that CAMM would be doable, especially considering that UK has been making a push for more cooperation with Pakistan and wanting British firms included in CPEC, Italy stepping up defense cooperation with respect to offering radar and electronics (which btw, need british input agreement which it seems they have) for the JF-17.

The major issue is if PN has the vision to do whats right.
1. Get a vessel thats truly multirole amd capable of defending against saturation attacks. (minimum 32 medium range missiles).

2. Selecting a missile that has good capabilities for numbers and range. The CAMM could potentially be made to be the standard SAM for all PN vessels. They could seek local manufacturing. (unlikely to get but who knows)

I do think CAMM is very politically feasible though.

I don't understand why Pakistan wants more surface warships? real danger are submarines. Pakistan spotted Indian sub using p3c.why Pakistan not buying latest aircrafts that can detect submarines?warships can't save us from Indian scorpion class submarines. they are very quiet. it will be a waste of money.

I don't understand why Pakistan wants more surface warships? real danger are submarines. Pakistan spotted Indian sub using p3c.why Pakistan not buying latest aircrafts that can detect submarines?warships can't save us from Indian scorpion class submarines. they are very quiet. it will be a waste of money.
That's what milgem made for.It's main role is against subs.

The main weapon against subs is actually surface ships like MILGEM, F-22P, and OHP. With multiple Torpedo tubes anti-sub rockets, anti-sub helicopters, sonar arrays, towed sonar ect, the can effectively hunt subs, especially when combined with effective ASW aircraft like P-3C or the soon to be inducted ATR-72. I have also advocated getting Y-8GX6 as it carries 8 Torpedos or 4-6 AShM.

However, surface ships also protect your own subs and the rest of the fleet from those same threats on the other side, especially against aircraft. Subs main goal is anti-shipping, land attack and mine laying.

Back
Top Bottom