What's new

Did Mian Nawaz Sharif Hit on American Journalist Kim Barker?

RiazHaq

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Kim Barker, an American reporter who covered Afghanistan and Pakistan for Chicago Tribune starting in 2003, claims that she was propositioned by Pakistan Muslim League leader Nawaz Sharif when she met him for interviews for her newspaper.

In an interview with KERA radio, Barker said she followed her bosses advice to try and blend with the local population. However, being a young white female journalist with blue eyes who stands at 5 ft 10 in tall, she says she received unusual attention from the men she met to do her job in Afghanistan and Pakistan. In her recently released book "The Taliban Shuffle: Strange Days in Afghanistan and Pakistan", Barker recounts how Nawaz Sharif gave her an Apple iphone as a gift and asked her to be his "special friend". When she declined Nawaz Sharif's sexual advance, Foreign Policy Magazine reports that he offered to set her up with President Asif Ali Zardari.

This latest report adds Sharif's name to the "illustrious" list of senior Pakistani political leaders who have made news for their dalliances with women.

A 2007 Youtube video showing Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani groping Sherry Rehman attracted a lot of attention. Then, President Asif Ali Zardari was shown gushing about US Vice Presidential candi..., and asking to "hug" her during a meeting in New York.

Did Nawaz Sharif Pursue Kim Barker? - PakAlumni Worldwide: The Global Social Network

Kim Barker helped Pakistanis understand our leaders and their mental state, so I must say thankyou to her. Nawaz was known as a person with sympathies with Ideology of Pakistan and a Rightist leader but he is nothing different to Zardari. It would be a real bad luck if that any of these filths again came to powers. Unlucky Nation, Pervert Leaders.

How can someone be so deluded and full of themselves? Nawaz Sharif is further from good looking than Zardari is from being honest. On what basis did he think he had a chance with an American, career oriented woman...sigh...is this how these guys run Pakistan as well, lost in delusions of grandeur and their own inflated self worth.

How can someone be so deluded and full of themselves? Nawaz Sharif is further from good looking than Zardari is from being honest. On what basis did he think he had a chance with an American, career oriented woman...sigh...is this how these guys run Pakistan as well, lost in delusions of grandeur and their own inflated self worth.

Remember Nawaz is a fitlhy rich fellow. Money can even bend Mountains, I wonder why wouldn't she.

PS: I'm not a big fan of him but that's Nawaz's personal life and as a moral obligation no one should spew any venom on it.

Remember Nawaz is a fitlhy rich fellow. Money can even bend Mountains, I wonder why wouldn't she.

PS: I'm not a big fan of him but that's Nawaz's personal life and as a moral obligation no one should spew any venom on it.

hmm, point taken. Youre right, got a little carried away.

I don't give a sh!t about Nawaz.. but as a Pakistani, i would like to know the credibility of this news.. any evidence or its just "gori" chamri is enough to be a 'solid' proof??

she even wrote that in her book

I don’t care what ever they do in there private life, what matters the most is what they do for the people and this country.

LOL......................... not surprising.
His affair with Tahira S was well know . My older cousin's friend, who was also her neighbor has crazy stories about the two!
He helped her brother's company out big time.

Bro Astanosh... This is not private anymore... rather it is public...

It fits the character of our politicians... I have no doubts that Kim is telling the truth...

Back
Top Bottom