What's new

Deradicalization - Pakistani boot camps want to ‘re-program’ ISIS terrorists

Saudi Arabia opened rehab and de radicalization centers first, and Saudi consultants are running the program in Pakistan.

I think you misconstrued the 'someone else' part; I meant did anyone else within Pakistan i.e the civilian administration think about this !

I get where you're coming from. Trust me, I do, however, this particular solution is not applicable to our unique situation where these 'potential' terrorists can be fixed by filling some sort of vacuum in their hearts and minds. We are not dealing with your standard IRA/PKK sort of terrorists with some beloved political agenda that is bothering them and giving them sleepless nights. It's mostly way more complex and involves core religious beliefs.

Have you ever tried reverse engineering a Wahabized-Deobandi? Try to teach him/her that other sects are not 'Kaafir'? You'll need at-least two life times to accomplish it, that too is a big maybe. . My friend, there are different types of indoctrination, and the one we are dealing with can not be simply wished/washed away with a deprogramming camp. IMHO, only way to 'de-program' these religious lunatics is by scare-tactics only (as also suggested by @Irfan Baloch). Only absolute fear in their hearts and minds can scare them into submission. Anything short of that, you'll have a time-bomb on your hands......
i understand, but why dont you take into account that every suicide bomber or a potential one was not a Deobandi or Wahabi by birth. He was an ordinary guy with no money or life or so to say no purpose to life. He gets picked up by the jackals and boom, they give his life a purpose, and there he goes kaboob at Wagha border, got it?

The kind of guys you are referring to are probably the ones we see in green or black pagaris in Punjab.

Exactly, the ones NOT on religious kool-aid, and NOT directly involved in any heinous act, have the potential to be redeemed (BLA etc etc)...

Don't know about what colored hats they prefer, if you mean the ones hailing from Jhang and/or of similar mindset, then YES! :P

i understand, but why dont you take into account that every suicide bomber or a potential one was not a Deobandi or Wahabi by birth. He was an ordinary guy with no money or life or so to say no purpose to life. He gets picked up by the jackals and boom, they give his life a purpose, and there he goes kaboob at Wagha border, got it?

They kind of guys your are referring to are probably the ones we see in green of black pagaris in Punjab

Exactly, the ones NOT on religious kool-aid, and NOT directly involved in any heinous act, have the potential to be redeemed (BLA etc etc)...

These kinda cases (hardcore, FUBARed) we like to deal with in the way @Irfan Baloch had so subtly hinted at ;)

Don't know about what colored hats they prefer, if you mean the ones hailing from Jhang and/or of similar mindset, then YES! :P
You got it.

Yeah, the ones jinko dosray maslik ka naam sun k current lag jata hai :lol:

@Oscar , i'll be seeing to your query soon. Now duty calling :)

Total waste of precious time. Sending them to hell would be better!

I think it'll work on ISIS who were forced or coerced into joining IS, but the ones go out seeking to join IS they can't be reprogrammed and should be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

Every now and then you think this country is finally gonna turn a corner, and then you remember there is always a moron somehere who wants to 'reprogram' a terrorist. First it was to 'reprogram' into India haters and now into 'hard working citizens'. I see a 100 more years of crisis.

I wish they can grab some Indians and reprogram them into normal human being and unleash them on larger indian population.

@Icarus @Xeric @Rashid Mahmood - Proud of you guys ! :smokin:

The Armed Forces are far from perfect but its still head and shoulders above everything else in the country; did anyone else even think of something like this ?

Brother u are a smart guy, could you please answer my simple question.

“The top leadership of LeJ visited Saudi Arabia and met Islamic State leaders at an undisclosed location at Saudi-Syria border,” one militant told Reuters.
Source: https://defence.pk/threads/jundullah-vows-allegiance-to-islamic-state.344466/#

How is the country where we'll known terrorist leave the country as free man can rehabilitate terrorist when they can't even catch the one the know.

Saudi Arabia opened rehab and de radicalization centers first, and Saudi consultants are running the program in Pakistan.
Rehabs centers were built and run by Pak Army and they aren't just rehab centers but also offer vocational training for those men to restart their lives .. I have relatives serving in FATA as we speak .. And have never heard of run run rehab centers in Pak.. But yes UAE and probably? Saudi Arabia financed some roads or schools in those areas ..

Totally Waste of time and money. what about those who are creating them. if 10 people are in rehab then 10 people are also in the pipeline ready to take their place in terrorist camps . God Bless Zia and amrika. yes by doing this may be pakistan army could get some contracts but in the long run its a fail idea. make one syllabus for all institutes ,school colleges unis madrasas,etc, invest heavily in education and never ever change your educational policy whatever may come for the next 40 50 years, this is the only way we can change it and kill the main culprits who are creating them.

Suicide bombers,militant-combatants etc.. Now rehabilitated citizens:

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Suicide bombers,militant-combatants etc.. Now rehabilitated citizens:

A non ending cycle as long as radical scholars keep spewing hatred, the average terrorist is an idiot, he won't read books he will listen to scholars who do the reading & hate speech.

Sorry, but this is a completely misplaced sense of compassion. Like someone said earlier, when thieves and murderers get no compassion, why the hell should these scum?

Extremists are walking, talking grenades with a loose pin - they can go off at any time. It's not worth the risk of re-introducing them into civil society.

Also, what's the point of retraining them (vocational training)? Millions of hard working, decent people can't find work. They should get help to find jobs first. There are also millions of petty criminals who could change their lives if given work and training. All these people deserve help more than any hateful nutjob!

Back
Top Bottom