What's new

DELL or ASUS laptop ???

I have been using my ASUS since 2008.

Works like a champ! Along with a superb global service network with a 2 year warranty.

I am going to buy an ASUS again. And it's going to be this beast:
ASUS - Notebooks- G53Jw

U dont need to pay for 2 years. usually its included in a price better check online. Because ASUS offer 2 Years Minimum and you can extend it up to more years for that you need to pay more. might be shop keeper wants more money. i bought form Malaysia here they didn't ask more money for 2 years.

i presume it depends from model to model here even on the box its written 1 yr only, he told me some other models had 2yr... and ill not pay the money to the shop....because he said ill pay it to the showroom by myself personally, so no shop keeper in between :D :) :P

I have been using my ASUS since 2008.

Works like a champ! Along with a superb global service network with a 2 year warranty.

I am going to buy an ASUS again. And it's going to be this beast:
ASUS - Notebooks- G53Jw

woah man dats one real BAD A$$ laptop ur buying, i love it and its got a sweet NVIDIA GTX 460M with 1.5GB GDDR5 :smitten: ..... and thank for ur opinion....although i've already bought the asus n56vz it really is a beauty
here is a quick link to it :tup: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/N56VZ/#overview

woah man dats one real BAD A$$ laptop ur buying, i love it and its got a sweet NVIDIA GTX 460M with 1.5GB GDDR5 :smitten: ..... and thank for ur opinion....although i've already bought the asus n56vz it really is a beauty
here is a quick link to it :tup: N56VZ - Notebooks & Ultrabooks - ASUS

Well, ASUS can considered to be the "Alienware of the East" :D

You made the right choice mate :tup:

Actually different brand have the "SAME" stuff inside, so there are no such things as giving you better quality parts over the other

Display card wise, Nvidia chips (Not a card in Laptop) is ALWAYS better than ATi Card (This is a given). But since almost all laptop have intelligent control which will shift your graphic chip to on board CPU chip when the graphic running is low or your system is about to be overheated. It is not much of the different. Both 650M and 8730 are mid range card, they will not have MUCH different. Both Chips are 128 bits, while 650M are 900/900/5000 on 2 GB VRAM , 8730 is only 700/1000/4500 on 2G VRAM. The 650M beats 8730 hands down.

Package wise, ASUS have a better design than Dell, and Asus have a better heat exhausting system than dell, so if you consider running your system for a long time with top setting, GO FOR ASUS, otherwise you will be keep using your warranty on your dell.

Dell however, will give you more value for money. That's really depend on you.

If I were you, go to your vendor and ask for a prototype, try on both keyboard BEFORE making a judgment, you will spend much much more time on the tiny keyboard than doing anything else with your computer, it should be the TOP Priority when you are choosing your Laptop. Unless you want to save for money for a chiropractor in the future.

usually they are many things :

U may categories

1. Over Performance ( with specs )
2. Cost effective
3. Reliability
4. customer service

GUYS I need help !!!! :raise:

since my review will my first ever uploaded video on YouTube I need some help on:-

how to start off :undecided:
What to include :undecided:
how to go through stuff :undecided:

and anything else im missing :undecided:
@Developereo @474474 @Rajaraja Chola @Luftwaffe @Jessica_Lucas @Syama Ayas @RazPaK @JEskandari @Jade @usama waqas @Loki

and anyone else who can help :)

Do you have any games? Any benchmarking softwares?
THe best way to start would be (obviously) showing different angles of the laptop, and i know how sexy all the new ultrabooks are, but say it anyways just describe how it looks and how it feels (but dont spend to much time on that or enthusiasts will skip the vid lol)
Then summarize the specs, and remember to be clear and NEVER say something like "it's an i7 with a 4GB nVidia" be more precise to impress the gamers
And then press windows key + pause key, then the system rating thing comes up so click on that to show the score the laptop gets
Then if you want install FRAPS and play some games with it on, and report the min and avg framerates
and there are some bench'ing softwares to like uningine heaven and 3Dmark so run them and report your score

*note:all softwares I've mentioned are free and easy to get

i presume it depends from model to model here even on the box its written 1 yr only, he told me some other models had 2yr... and ill not pay the money to the shop....because he said ill pay it to the showroom by myself personally, so no shop keeper in between

woah man dats one real BAD A$$ laptop ur buying, i love it and its got a sweet NVIDIA GTX 460M with 1.5GB GDDR5 ..... and thank for ur opinion....although i've already bought the asus n56vz it really is a beauty
here is a quick link to it :tup: http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultra...'10 off on even new generation but not always

Last edited by a moderator:
You can set-up multi-camera events on your youtube videos if you want.Try to network your video,You can Embed your video on your website to create 2 way traffic and choose catchy keywords for your video.

Actually different brand have the "SAME" stuff inside, so there are no such things as giving you better quality parts over the other

Display card wise, Nvidia chips (Not a card in Laptop) is ALWAYS better than ATi Card (This is a given). But since almost all laptop have intelligent control which will shift your graphic chip to on board CPU chip when the graphic running is low or your system is about to be overheated. It is not much of the different. Both 650M and 8730 are mid range card, they will not have MUCH different. Both Chips are 128 bits, while 650M are 900/900/5000 on 2 GB VRAM , 8730 is only 700/1000/4500 on 2G VRAM. The 650M beats 8730 hands down.

Package wise, ASUS have a better design than Dell, and Asus have a better heat exhausting system than dell, so if you consider running your system for a long time with top setting, GO FOR ASUS, otherwise you will be keep using your warranty on your dell.

Dell however, will give you more value for money. That's really depend on you.

If I were you, go to your vendor and ask for a prototype, try on both keyboard BEFORE making a judgment, you will spend much much more time on the tiny keyboard than doing anything else with your computer, it should be the TOP Priority when you are choosing your Laptop. Unless you want to save for money for a chiropractor in the future.

Lol you're just trolling right? Please tell me you're not serious?

since my review will my first ever uploaded video on YouTube I need some help on:-

and anything else im missing :undecided:
@Developereo @474474 @Rajaraja Chola @Luftwaffe @Jessica_Lucas @Syama Ayas @RazPaK @JEskandari @Jade @usama waqas @Loki

and anyone else who can help :)

If you are asking how to upload a video on youtube, or what to include in it, I'm afraid I can't help since I have never done it.

and anything else im missing :undecided: and anyone else who can help :)

Man you are asking for youtube review I would suggest go through youtube computer reviews learn from them like screen dimension, resolution, portability/weight, ports like how many usb and are they usb 2.0 or usb 3.0, hdmi port available or not, firewire port or not, does it include Bluetooth, how is the keyboard like how you feel when typing, how good is cooling system/vents, battery life advertized against your experience, over all looks of the machine, talking about hard drive capcity and is it SSD or regular mechanical one, does it include dvd/blueray drive or not and is it slot load or trayload, how good is the trackpad and its functionality and how windows is running, tell people about processor is it 3rd/4th gen intel/amd processor and its GHz specs, RAM specs 4gb or more and what you think should be the default ram on this system etc.

Ok guys i want you those who are looking to buy desktops, all in ones and laptop please do not buy it and wait for a month or 45 days before Hasswell processors arrive in full bloom do not buy anything right now! Intel Hasswell are more powerful, less power consumption and 2X better graphics.

Lol you're just trolling right? Please tell me you're not serious?

dude, I had been working in a computer store for over 2 year and build 306 computers and server on the progress.

Am I look like I am trolling.

well I can suggest you several software that can help you .
for capturing your desktop and your sound a good free solution is to install MSI Afterburner and Rivatuner Statistic server beside each other

for benchmark you cane use Unigine Heaven , 3d Mark vantage and 3dmark 2011 for graphic and programs like Sandra for the rest of the system , Also AIDA 64 have a very good memory test that you can consider unrivaled by the others .
you can use CineBench for something of evaluating its multimedia capabilities .

it's also good to show the stability of system and how hot it can get by posting a picture of it running OCCT.

then the rest is just some rant about how it's a beautiful laptop , how good the keyboard design is and how god screen it has and in short how the laptop is greatest human invention since bread and butter .

also Don't forget to add some screen about ts HDD performance.

Back
Top Bottom