What's new

DELL or ASUS laptop ???

May be you guys not aware , but Asus make motherboard for all major brands. Your top of line dell use Asus motherboard. Asus jump in home use laptop business last year. But Asus makes good laptop. I am using Asus i3 laptop for almost year and its totally trouble free. Right now I am running heavy duty virtual machine and NAS on single laptop, its taking heavy load without crashing.

hi guys

im planning to buy a new laptop thought i would take some suggestions before plunging my money into any thing

heres the first one

DELL 5521

Dell inspiron 5521-0378 (Intel core i7 3517U 1.9ghz, 15.6 Inch, 1 TB, 8GB Ram, Windows 8). by Dell and 2GB graphics (model of graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 8730M)

asus N56VZ

ASUS - N56VZ

core i7, win8 pro, NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with 4GB DDR3 VRAM, 1TB HDD, 8GB ram upgradeable to 16GB and a backlit keyboard too

the point where im confused is which one to go for,,,,,for me simply the asus in specs looks better but what im concerned is of its long run like are they reliable and how is the overall user experience

i've used dell, HP, samsung, and sony vaio but never tried asus, so im kinda too confused and even more coz i dont know any one who has ever had or has an asus to take feedback from :undecided: so if u guys know any one or have one, can please help :tup: :)

any suggestion on any other brands would also be welcome :)

the min. specs must be an i7, 4gb ram, 2 gb graphics

Well the best difference for me

for ASUS you will get 2 years international warranty ( one year battery warranty?
Dell you get One year international warranty.

By reliability ill go for ASUS as analysis by different benchmarks. while Dell is also good

For customer service both are awesome no doubt.

May be you guys not aware , but Asus make motherboard for all major brands. Your top of line dell use Asus motherboard. Asus jump in home use laptop business last year. But Asus makes good laptop. I am using Asus i3 laptop for almost year and its totally trouble free. Right now I am running heavy duty virtual machine and NAS on single laptop, its taking heavy load without crashing.

Oh yeah they make mobos. But I have a bad experience, mine burnt (the ram controlling chipthingy) when I tried to connect a legacy HDD
But even the cheap ones handle OCing well
@khanboy007 So which one did you go with, the 650m like i said or something else?
Btw tell me the retailer if you bought these in Dubai. Hard to find good gpu laptops in UAE.

Last edited by a moderator:
waste of money , if you need tablet , go get yourself a phablet something like Galaxy Note 2

I beg to differ, tablets are a good replacement for a laptop. You can easily plug in USB or HDMI cable, the screen is bigger and if you have a dock then its just like a laptop experience but better since the battery timings can be insanely as long as 18 hrs. Phablet on the other hand is too small and has none of the mentioned features. Lastly Windows is way more stable than android.....especially in browsing, So going for a windows based tablet would be a wise choice.

@usama waqas yes exactly asus is offering me 2 years warranty (for now i have 1 yr intl. ill have to pay for this specific product to get 2 years) and they offer a home collection service if anything goes wrong while under warranty and drop off aswell.... dell does not have that service here :D
@Peregrine yes u are right in your view that a windows tablet is a wiser choice than an android, but i dont find a tablet (any) as alternative to a laptop as they lag alot and as mentioned earlier my purpose was gaming so the tablet wouldn't do good :)
@Talon i was previously using HP and before hp i had Sony they both were marvelous :)
@474474 i had it imported by a friend of mine in the business community as this high end model is yet not easily available in the market :)

@usama waqas yes exactly asus is offering me 2 years warranty (for now i have 1 yr intl. ill have to pay for this specific product to get 2 years) and they offer a home collection service if anything goes wrong while under warranty and drop off aswell.... dell does not have that service here :D
@Peregrine yes u are right in your view that a windows tablet is a wiser choice than an android, but i dont find a tablet (any) as alternative to a laptop as they lag alot and as mentioned earlier my purpose was gaming so the tablet wouldn't do good :)
@Talon i was previously using HP and before hp i had Sony they both were marvelous :)
@474474 i had it imported by a friend of mine in the business community as this high end model is yet not easily available in the market :)

correction *high end relative to UAE standards, otherwise it's just okay :P

correction *high end relative to UAE standards, otherwise it's just okay :P

i meant high end in the price not region :P , because the business community has a dilemma over its price as its cheaper and better than most of its rivals they are sort of confused over its release date and time !!!!!

if UAE standards are so low i wonder why people in Pakistan buy laptops, mobile phones etc. from here at whole sale in huge sums and then sell it off there??? do u have any friends whose family is in businesses ??? if you would, then you wouldn't have had the need to say that.... :disagree:

hi guys

im planning to buy a new laptop thought i would take some suggestions before plunging my money into any thing

heres the first one

DELL 5521

Dell inspiron 5521-0378 (Intel core i7 3517U 1.9ghz, 15.6 Inch, 1 TB, 8GB Ram, Windows 8). by Dell and 2GB graphics (model of graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 8730M)

asus N56VZ

ASUS - N56VZ

core i7, win8 pro, NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 650M with 4GB DDR3 VRAM, 1TB HDD, 8GB ram upgradeable to 16GB and a backlit keyboard too

the point where im confused is which one to go for,,,,,for me simply the asus in specs looks better but what im concerned is of its long run like are they reliable and how is the overall user experience

i've used dell, HP, samsung, and sony vaio but never tried asus, so im kinda too confused and even more coz i dont know any one who has ever had or has an asus to take feedback from :undecided: so if u guys know any one or have one, can please help :tup: :)

any suggestion on any other brands would also be welcome :)

the min. specs must be an i7, 4gb ram, 2 gb graphics

Dell Sucks!! Asus OK !
Buy Acer/ Fujitsu

i meant high end in the price not region :P , because the business community has a dilemma over its price as its cheaper and better than most of its rivals they are sort of confused over its release date and time !!!!!

if UAE standards are so low i wonder why people in Pakistan buy laptops, mobile phones etc. from here at whole sale in huge sums and then sell it off there??? do u have any friends whose family is in businesses ??? if you would, then you wouldn't have had the need to say that.... :disagree:

Why are you talking about business? When it comes to gaming and performace I know my ****, get that?
Here only te most profitable laptops are sold, profit margins are more important than anything else here. Please don't argue about that, I can link a hundred high end laptops that arent sold in UAE

Why are you talking about business? When it comes to gaming and performace I know my ****, get that?
Here only te most profitable laptops are sold, profit margins are more important than anything else here. Please don't argue about that, I can link a hundred high end laptops that arent sold in UAE

huh..but still available on a wholesale retailer :lol:

and stop comparing UAE with Pakistan they both are in a different league

U dont need to pay for 2 years. usually its included in a price better check online. Because ASUS offer 2 Years Minimum and you can extend it up to more years for that you need to pay more. might be shop keeper wants more money. i bought form Malaysia here they didn't ask more money for 2 years.

Back
Top Bottom