What's new

Delhi and Lahore-Twin Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElrondInRivenDelhi

New Recruit

Reaction score
I'm always very interested in learning about cities around the world, for I think that cities breed culture. I read up about Lahore and Delhi, and it seems very interesting the way both the cities have so many aspects in common: Mughal monuments, an old-world charm (unlike their coastal counterparts in either country), less high-risies and more gardens, roundabouts, wide roads, even a ring-road! I read in some old story that Lahore and Delhi were considered sisters, but I didn't know the extent of this bond! Even the city culture is similar...but I can know that for sure if I learn more about Lahore.

Delhi, delhi hoga...per Lahore, Lahore hai !!

perfectly described by Winston Churchill "Lahore is a city with a body, mind and a soul of its own"

Joke: A Lahori was admitted to Heaven, after wandering around for quite a long time, God asked "so you like it here, dont you?"
he said yeah, I like it here, but Lahore, Lahore hai !! :cheers:

sorry bro, no comparison whatsoever !!

both cities have much common architecture and weather, I dont know much about dehli people but Lahoris are great

Well yeah both are capitals of the Mughals, both have always been the city of power in their respective regions and both are packed with history. Not too sure about the culture part though. Lahore has always maintained its Punjabi identity.

this is lahore
1100545731-1.jpg

this is delhi
DE28_PG4_CITY_4COLS_573432f.jpg

both are on their own....not a great deal of similarities except mughal buildings...

Lahore Lahore Hai. Much cleaner and greener then Delhi. Also just entering Lahore you get a feel of history and stuff. Also a city where you have mixing of different religions. Great Churches, mosques and gurdwaras.

All I know about Delhi is that it's the rape capital.

And btw Im from Karachi so Im totally unbias here.

@OP

Are you on weed?? What you mean by twin cities???

There is No comparison between both cities..!!!! Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom