What's new

Defence Fake News Threads

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
mods ought to put a stop to these fake news threads. frankly makes pdf look like a immature fan boy club instead of a leading defence news and opinion source. the choice is yours.

mods ought to put a stop to these fake news threads. frankly makes pdf look like a immature fan boy club instead of a leading defence news and opinion source. the choice is yours.
For that first you need to define what is meant by fake? Absense of proof? Availability of counter proof? And then we have to define what is meant by proof? Since significant content on internet is based upon assumptions and misinformation.

For that first you need to define what is meant by fake? Absense of proof? Availability of counter proof? And then we have to define what is meant by proof? Since significant content on internet is based upon assumptions and misinformation.
Good luck then

well we can see indians iranians posting so much garbage since many years now .

All the news from Twitter,blogs,propaganda sites should be considerd fake if not confirmed by a known credible news site.
It used to be the norm on PDF.

All the news from Twitter,blogs,propaganda sites should be considerd fake if not confirmed by a known credible news site.
It used to be the norm on PDF.
If that's so then all Indian sources will be banned on PDF.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Hinting.

Its more like shoot in the air and hope it becomes true.

I think we can discuss with Rumor tag, what we will act on is "breaking news" type of bullshit that tends to be more of fake news. Also i think there is a limitation on how much one can fake, so we should see this dry up and taken care itself.

What if all this 'fake news' is just a clever disinformation campaign?

PDF has a reputation and we can't be the platform for doing this.
PDF "had" reputation. I remember many a times it was quoted by defense experts. You could do your PhD on Kashmir conflict, by just going through discussions. Not anymore.

PDF "had" reputation. I remember many a times it was quoted by defense experts. You could do your PhD on Kashmir conflict, by just going through discussions. Not anymore.
Indians here constantly spout and regurgitate this line I have noticed. The odd thing is though that 95% of the tripe that everyone has to wade through and debunk painstakingly emanates from your Bollywood media industry.

Back
Top Bottom