What's new

Day 20: Resistance unyielding to force

And I'd like it to be done with Pakistani observers (with proper credentials) in the picture. If we can calm down Kashmir, and return it to the idyllic paradise I remember from 1976-77, and if we can demilitarise Siachen, we would done very well, our generation would have made its mark in history.

But who will listen to you? You and I don't have any voice over government....

1. Strict enforcement of election administration, the way that it is normally done elsewhere in India, not the way it has been done in Kashmir
  1. Joe can you shed more light on that. Whenever you have time.

But who will listen to you? You and I don't have any voice over government....

We can only - I can only keep on endlessly speaking to influential people with a message of hope and of positive, constructive engagement. What else can a man do?

1. Joe can you shed more light on that. Whenever you have time.

The problem started with crooked voting, to get Farooq Abdullah into power. It has never been totally above board, to the extent that it is in the rest of India. There have been manipulations by both sides, and it is clear that democracy is being tested by fire.

Democratic government in Pakistan is biggest nightmare of India because it knows the wishes of the people..
'Democratic government' in Pakistan? :woot: Ok.

How about wishes of the Balochis? :rolleyes1:

And what is this 'freedom' that some sections of Kashmiris want? They won't last a day by themselves! They depend on the crutches provided by India - Rs 50,000 crores a year in subsidies, aid, grants and infra! Where will these separatists get that kind of money from? Pakistan? Not a chance in hell! Or by selling apples and rides on shikaras? Lol! They'll starve to death and thereafter the land will be taken over by terrorists like the LeT and ISIS where Baghdadi will declare it as a part of the Caliphate as the Kashmiris will be unable to defend themselves!

Why don't these fellows understand this? Idiots!

If anything, rather than the resistance, I am seeing the force being unyielding to pressure from the expected quarters. Overt and covert. Those who pick up the gun are going to be killed. Unapologetically. And there is going to be no niceties of "allowing surrender." These are terrorists. They will be killed with extreme prejudice. We all saw what happened to our officers when they did the decent thing. Shot in the back.

Its obvious that we are seeing a paradigm shift in our Kashmir policy. The pellet guns are a huge force multiplier. It becomes obvious why, when you hear of bottles of acid being thrown from behind the safety cordon of the mob, and reports of firing as well.

I do not know how much longer this sham political coalition in J&K is going to last. But Mehbooba is now damned if she does, and damned if she does not.

If i was deprived of rights in the same way like of Kashmiris....
So what are the rights that the Kashmiris have been deprived of? Do elucidate.

They are far better than Kashmiris in P0K where there were massive protests all over for rigged elections held last week! What rights have you given them? Zilch!

And Guess who's the boss of P0K? A lowly deputy secretary for Kashmir affairs in the Pak government operating from Islamabad! Lol!

You may like to read this so that you become wise and stop posting one-sided rubbish......

https://www.hrw.org/news/2006/09/21/pakistan-free-kashmir-far-free

Personally, I think we need to do some amelioration. Some of the steps I'd like to see (yes, I know they sound idealistic):
  1. A review by the J&K Assembly of every piece of legislation brought in beyond 1953, for acceptance according to due form, or rejection;
  2. Strong steps to give Kashmiris some economic outlet and job opportunities, at least equal to other parts of India (better than other parts of India would be grossly unfair to the rest of India);
  3. Full exploitation of natural resources, especially hydel, through a subsidiary of the NHPC, NOT through the NHPC itself, which has failed in dismal fashion to do its job, to bring in the prosperity that is available in potential;
  4. Now this one will annoy Pakistanis, but I am putting it down because I think we deserve this edge: a policy of giving good quality Kashmiri students opportunities all over India, in technical lines, engineering, medicine and dentistry, architecture and in service industries;
  5. Protection of Kashmiri students wherever they study anywhere in India, from their own lunatic behaviour;
  6. Strict enforcement of election administration, the way that it is normally done elsewhere in India, not the way it has been done in Kashmir;
  7. Strong management of the Kashmir Police and sidelining of their more violent elements, and withdrawal of the CRP in favour of a differently-recruited and sensitised and trained police;
  8. Introduction of relatively less harmful methods of crowd control and riot management;
  9. Strict action against the thekedars of violence (not the Hurriyat of either faction but the real culprits, those earning livings from continuing violence).
I'd like to see this programme take effect over five years, and then hold a plebiscite in Ladakh, in the Vale and in Jammu. I would offer to the people of the Vale as one option a special status, fully autonomous but for defence, foreign affairs and communications, and policing, constabulary and gendarmerie work by Gurkha direct recruits, and free travel across the LOC and into India, but as ID card holders and subject to strict supervision to ensure that no undercover recruitment takes place by either side's intelligence agencies.

I wonder what would happen.

May I add one more point, on a different note? I think the likes of Burhan Wani's should never be killed and handed over for a procession, these guys can safely go 'missing'...permanently.

To be honest...if this thing works out...Pakistanis would be happy. At least Kashmiris will be fine and no more protest or suffering will occur in that beautiful valley...

Mate, Kashmiris would have been doing just fine today only if they didn't have the bug (keeda, you know) of being part of a 'Muslim' nation, or not being part of a 'Hindu' nation...or something weired sense of religion based nationalism. I was thinking about writing a big note on 'political Islam', but I kind of not finding the patience and energy to do it now. Besides, whether ordinary Pakistanis would be happy and satisfied if Kashmir settles down is irrelevant, the Pakistani establishment (military and political) will never be happy and satisfied with that. Do you really think that Pakistani establishment's involvement in Kashmir is for the interest of ensuring betterment of Kashmiris, really?

May I add one more point, on a different note? I think the likes of Burhan Wani's should never be killed and handed over for a procession, these guys can safely go 'missing'...permanently.

Mate, Kashmiris would have been doing just fine today only if they didn't have the bug (keeda, you know) of being part of a 'Muslim' nation, or not being part of a 'Hindu' nation...or something weired sense of religion based nationalism. I was thinking about writing a big note on 'political Islam', but I kind of not finding the patience and energy to do it now. Besides, whether ordinary Pakistanis would be happy and satisfied if Kashmir settles down is irrelevant, the Pakistani establishment (military and political) will never be happy and satisfied with that. Do you really think that Pakistani establishment's involvement in Kashmir is for the interest of ensuring betterment of Kashmiris, really?

I'll write it for you. I'd started on it some time back.

Gen mUsharraf was from military and he was the one who was about to resolve kashmir issue but internal politics made him went down....so your blame on our establishment is failed...

Gen mUsharraf was from military and he was the one who was about to resolve kashmir issue but internal politics made him went down....so your blame on our establishment is failed...

That's just assumption, there may or may not be anything significant on the table. But Gen Musharraf was the one who did Kargil, that ended the entire peace process and talks.

That's just assumption, there may or may not be anything significant on the table. But Gen Musharraf was the one who did Kargil, that ended the entire peace process and talks.

your adventurist generals also did siachen....violated Shimla agreement...No?

Back
Top Bottom