What's new

Dawn Leaks Report Issued: Army Rejected It

@WebMaster

If they do it people will start whining about democracy. Citizens of this country has to decide once and for all what do they want, army rule or these goons. Irrespective, dictatorship is fate of this country.
Dear army and these goons are same if u can't act against thief's for greater good it means army is part of it if your power is only for checking common civilians begs and on their lawfull resistance army take them but ayan Ali like woman taking billions openly yet u don't do anything only brings hatred for army in common man's life we should respect army but they have to earn their respect we pay our taxes so they keep going they have to pass test since 47 they brought corrupt polititions and parties and hanged good uncorrupted bhutto this is reality we should talk reality no Holly cows should keep balance

I fail to understand why Pakistani refuse to support the system, hate against a person blinds them. Not supporting PM but a tweet from ISPR against executive order? Again don't support it because it is against PM. Army could have put pressure on PM from back channels. We have to strengthen are institutions, we have to work with the devil we know and through elections bring change. This habit of constant civil - military tension being played out in public has to stop.

I fail to understand why Pakistani refuse to support the system, hate against a person blinds them. Not supporting PM but a tweet from ISPR against executive order? Again don't support it because it is against PM. Army could have put pressure on PM from back channels. We have to strengthen are institutions, we have to work with the devil we know and through elections bring change. This habit of constant civil - military tension being played out in public has to stop.

wont stop as long as we have corrupt and incompetent governments and PM

Dear army and these goons are same if u can't act against thief's for greater good it means army is part of it if your power is only for checking common civilians begs and on their lawfull resistance army take them but ayan Ali like woman taking billions openly yet u don't do anything only brings hatred for army in common man's life we should respect army but they have to earn their respect we pay our taxes so they keep going they have to pass test since 47 they brought corrupt polititions and parties and hanged good uncorrupted bhutto this is reality we should talk reality no Holly cows should keep balance
Ayan Ali's departure has nothing to do with army. The whole case was done by customs and judiciary

Because this is a legal matter and not a PR matter it isn't clear to me that Ghafoor can officially issue the Army's "rejection" of this report. Rather, it has to come from the JAG himself.

Dismissed minister breaks his silence!
//////
ISLAMABAD: After Tariq Fatemi and Rao Tehseen, the two officers removed by the ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in the wake of an inquiry into the publication of a news report about a meeting between civilian and military leaders in Dawn, former information minister Pervaiz Rashid has also spoken out against his dismissal from the federal cabinet.

The first casualty of the fallout from the publication of the story, Mr Rashid had kept mum about the decision to withdraw his portfolio since he was shown the door on Oct 29 last year.

However, after both the prime minister’s former special assistant on foreign affairs and the principal information officer reacted to their removal in the light of the inquiry report, Mr Rashid also broke his silence.

Considered one of the prime minister’s most trustworthy aides, Mr Rashid also rejected the government’s decision to remove him.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD

Not information minister’s job to prevent publication of news, says Pervaiz Rashid
Speaking to reporters after a ceremony in Islamabad, he gave the impression he was not satisfied with the way he was treated for not being able to block the publication of the news item. “It is not the responsibility of the information minister to block [the publication of] news.”

“If the duty of an information minister is to stop the publication of stories, then this should be taught to journalism students at the university level,” the former minister said, sarcastically.

“If the state desires information ministers who can stop news stories, they should teach a course in universities titled ‘How to Stop News’,” he quipped.

But the former information minister was reluctant to comment on the inquiry report, asking how he could comment on a report that had not been issued.

He said he had discharged his duties as information minister within the ambit of the Constitution. “I did what could be done in a democratic society,” he added.

“In a democratic society, you inform reporters of the factual situation and give them your point of view, but you cannot force them [to withdraw the story],” he said, adding: “I gave my point of view to the reporter when I was asked for it”.

Before Mr Rashid, the PM’s former special assistant had also rejected allegations about his alleged role in leaking information to Dawn. In a farewell letter, Mr Fatemi categorically said: “I reject recent allegations, insinuations and innuendos. Such suggestions are particularly hurtful to someone who has served Pakistan for nearly five decades with honour and dignity.”

Recently-removed Rao Tehseen was also not happy with his dismissal and told reporters earlier this week that he would challenge the recommendations of the inquiry commission in court.

Mr Tehseen said he was waiting for the inquiry commission report and that his lawyer had asked for a classified copy of the report.

“How could the commission recommend action against me without identifying those responsible for the leak?” he asked.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1330981/dismissed-minister-breaks-his-silence

The chap is right actually. Its not his job to stop news.
what he is actually trying to say is but can't say is why punish me when I was just a pawn.

Ayan Ali's departure has nothing to do with army. The whole case was done by customs and judiciary

Your fault is to assume that the guy you replied to actually thinks. On the contrary he just tweets :-)

I hope you don't believe Telelka news. Its the same as quoting Masala TV for news as your source.

If this news is true, I will call myself a moron for 30 days straight.

If this news is false, you will call yourself a moron for the same time.

Deal?

what like dawn leaks?

He means Tehelka News, Zaid Hamid and Autie Agni.

Lol typical noon leagi dangar
18199346_1455538011187154_4240184556654878013_n.jpg

@django @The Sandman @Hell hound @PaklovesTurkiye

Its people like these that make you wish "You were the PM" :azn:
Don't you ?

Is it a sarcastic comment or he's really serious? :woot:

I can already see many mouths watering wishing they were the PM :partay:

i am sure army is not that idiot to give such sensitive information to people like NS and zardari.

You should have guessed from his tweet, he is the idiot here :)

this maryam decatni & dawn leekni will be the downfall of her noora father. she is running a media cell and supporting indian narrative while holding no position in government attending meetings and ordering ministers. I hope this time she is not let off the hook because she is clearly someone else's vixen.

Truly enlightening brother. Much appreciated. Few people can give such comprehensive opinion.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom