What's new

“David’s Sling” to become operational in late 2016

Its not detection, its interception. the PAC also has a low range and its pretty slow compared to other systems. We easily detected the drone but didn't manage to intercept it.

My understanding is that it's slower detection, spotty locks on smaller objects which result in then bad interception or no interception. The system works as a whole and one issue impacts the entire interception cycle...

My understanding is that it's slower detection, spotty locks on smaller objects which result in then bad interception or no interception. The system works as a whole and one issue impacts the entire interception cycle...
We don't use American radars, we use our own, We clearly detected the drone and knew its exact location, this system is not meant for slow flying low flying and small drones, its designed against large faster jet fighters0
the Davids Sling would be effective against everything, short ranged ballistic missiles, hypersonic cruise missiles jets drones and more.

Dude, are you stupid?
the NASAMS 2 is simply a launching module modified to launch AIM 120s

No, NASAMS 2 is the battery, launch unit and all.

20160511MMQ_1432.t5734460f.m800.xd840cac3.jpg

lst_02320.t555366d4.m800.xd5741556.jpg

And it does use ESSM. Not just launch or be capable of doing so, it actually uses it in Norwegian service.

And oh, you are so proud that you sold weapons to Poland?
How about that, Israel sold Poland 2,675 Spike-LR missiles, 264 launchers, and recently they ordered 1000 more Spike LR missiles

:lol: Good for you. No really, in between laughing I'm clapping for you.

But you know what you didn't sell Poland? Air defense missiles. Because they like ours better:partay:.

And tell me, if your gear is soooo much better then ours, why are you buying weapons from NAMMO?

No, NASAMS 2 is the battery, launch unit and all.

20160511MMQ_1432.t5734460f.m800.xd840cac3.jpg

lst_02320.t555366d4.m800.xd5741556.jpg

And it does use ESSM. Not just launch or be capable of doing so, it actually uses it in Norwegian service.

:lol: Good for you. No really, in between laughing I'm clapping for you.

But you know what you didn't sell Poland? Air defense missiles. Because they like ours better:partay:.

And tell me, if your gear is soooo much better then ours, why are you buying weapons from NAMMO?
A complete NASAMS 2 battery consists of 12 missile launchers (LCHR) (each one carrying six AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles)

And FFS stop posting those pictures, they are useless.

And also, Polish Navy is undergoing testing and evaluation of the Barak 8 missile system, suck on it!
And no, you didn't sell the Polish the NASAMS 2, or the NASAMS, what air defense missiles did you sell to them?

We trade with the big guys, keep being impressed that you sell anything to the Polish.
Oh, and guess what?
Azerbaijan, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Croatia,
Czech Republic, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, India, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands,
Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain and the UK all bought the Spike missile from us, I can give you MANY weapons that we sold to many countries bigger and stronger than Poland, that bought our weapons rather than yours.

We don't use American radars, we use our own, We clearly detected the drone and knew its exact location, this system is not meant for slow flying low flying and small drones, its designed against large faster jet fighters0
the Davids Sling would be effective against everything, short ranged ballistic missiles, hypersonic cruise missiles jets drones and more.

You are saying what I am saying. The Radar sees it "all", whether it can track something to a point where a lock on can be obtained or not, and then directing and hitting the target with the interceptor, is a different story. In this case, Israel wanted their own multi-role AM system which would reduce the need for different tiers and will also enable them to engage low flying, small and even hyper-sonic projectiles, so the Davids Sling was created. Not sure where the gap is.

how do you know we did the most devolopment?

and im talikng about the arrow seiries and david sling

do you have any prove for that?
David Sling
In order to enable Israel to make use of the financial aid provided by the United States to further develop the system and to produce it, a partnership was established with Raytheon which will develop the missile firing unit and overall logistic system and assist Rafael with developing the interceptor.
in addition to tracking by Elta EL/M-2084 Active electronically scanned array multi-mode radar.
David's Sling owes much to the SPYDER programme's modified Python 5 and DERBY seeker technology.

A complete NASAMS 2 battery consists of 12 missile launchers (LCHR) (each one carrying six AIM-120 AMRAAM missiles)

And FFS stop posting those pictures, they are useless.

And also, Polish Navy is undergoing testing and evaluation of the Barak 8 missile system, suck on it!
And no, you didn't sell the Polish the NASAMS 2, or the NASAMS, what air defense missiles did you sell to them?

We trade with the big guys, keep being impressed that you sell anything to the Polish.
Oh, and guess what?
Azerbaijan, Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Croatia,
Czech Republic, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, India, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Netherlands,
Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal,
Romania, Singapore, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain and the UK all bought the Spike missile from us, I can give you MANY weapons that we sold to many countries bigger and stronger than Poland, that bought our weapons rather than yours.
Shouldn't Iron Dome be reconfigured to catch drones as well? and what about Drone Guard of IAI ? it's a point defense or what?

David Sling
In order to enable Israel to make use of the financial aid provided by the United States to further develop the system and to produce it, a partnership was established with Raytheon which will develop the missile firing unit and overall logistic system and assist Rafael with developing the interceptor.
in addition to tracking by Elta EL/M-2084 Active electronically scanned array multi-mode radar.
David's Sling owes much to the SPYDER programme's modified Python 5 and DERBY seeker technology.

Shouldn't Iron Dome be reconfigured to catch drones as well? and what about Drone Guard of IAI ? it's a point defense or what?
what is the source?

It can be, but again, the Iron Dome is against fast rockets.
I am pretty sure the most effective way to intercept drones will be the SPYDER, we should buy it for our army.
Just for smaller/cheaper targets.

Back
Top Bottom