What's new

Dassault's Rafale - the best and most complete aircraft our test pilot has ever flown

why cant Pakistan look forward to buy this bird....?

PAF evaluated Rafale in 2007 but ultimately decided in favour of FC-20, mainly due to cost factor. Here is a picture of PAF officials with Rafale in France taken in 2007 during the evaluation period:

c2cf23842d4999b18fd878ab5d633f6a.jpg

But remmeber much butter thn Chinz Aircrafts.

One word for American and French Weapons "QUALITY".
That is true for the moment, as Rafale is more capable than anything China has in service, excluding J-10B. The question is, how long can they maintain their "quality" edge?

China is pouring in resources into military research each year that the French can only dream of. You can't maintain a technological advantage if you are no longer in the forefront of research. European's aviation research is in an overall state of regression. Consider Eurofighter and Rafale to be the last encore performance (i.e decision to purchase F-35 instead of developing their own figher). I suspect France, Germany and Britain will become part suppliers to Americans, unable to independent build an aircraft from scratch.

That is true for the moment, as Rafale is more capable than anything China has in service, excluding J-10B. The question is, how long can they maintain their "quality" edge?

China is pouring in resources into military research each year that the French can only dream of. You can't maintain a technological advantage if you are no longer in the forefront of research. European's aviation research is in an overall state of regression. Consider Eurofighter and Rafale to be the last encore performance (i.e decision to purchase F-35 instead of developing their own figher). I suspect France, Germany and Britain will become part suppliers to Americans, unable to independent build an aircraft from scratch.

French Industries is running because of Arab countries. If Arab Stop buying French companies will go bankrupt, French can't compete with American and Russians. China will probably buy these French companies winthin next 20 years.

why cant Pakistan look forward to buy this bird....?
Beautiful and very potent aircraft, but a bit too expensive. Incidentally, PAF did consider the aircraft, and other ones like saab gripen. But eventually, wiser councils prevailed and we opted for the FC20s. And rightfully so in my opinion

Last edited:
rafale is the one of the best of the 4.5 generation planes and the most costly 4.5 gen plane but its worth of the cost we will be definitely seeing india to buy those in the mrca deal

I dont think India will ever buy it, For Indian Bureaucrats cheap Equipments are the best Equipments

yeah if I would forced to opt for more I would rather go for EF or F-15 Silent E class fighter. Spend a bit higher but buy worth price tag

what we have done in 2007
why we choose j-10b
china can given u any time
but France cannot given u this in future because India is going to choose rafale in mmrca

maybe they just wanted to know its weaknesses as they knew that it or the typhoon would win the competetion

As per my assessment, India would go for EuroFihter which is developed later and has better RCS than Rafael. Also partner countries of Eurofighter are making the deal as sweet as it possibly could be.

I don't know how PAF would react to Indian precurement of Eurofighter but I feel Rafael is a match to Eurofighter and we would need it to counter Indian MMRCA winner. It is also 60millions a piece and Pakistan can precure them in relatively more numbers than Eurofighters which costs around 100millions.

Under the financial strain , i guess buying one Dassault's Rafale ( $ 90 million) would be very harmful for Pakistan and even with your whole AIR FORCE budget ,pakistan can only afford 10 of those. where One JF-17 is ($ 15 million) that means in cost of ONE RAFALE pakistan can buy 6 of those. JF-17.

As per my assessment, India would go for EuroFihter which is developed later and has better RCS than Rafael. Also partner countries of Eurofighter are making the deal as sweet as it possibly could be.

I don't know how PAF would react to Indian precurement of Eurofighter but I feel Rafael is a match to Eurofighter and we would need it to counter Indian MMRCA winner. It is also 60millions a piece and Pakistan can precure them in relatively more numbers than Eurofighters which costs around 100millions.

But From where will PAF get the Funds?

rafale costs 90 million $ and eurofighter costs 115 million $.

With all these capabilities not even a single has been bought by a country other than France.If it loses MMRCA of India then its production might end in 2020.

Under the financial strain , i guess buying one Dassault's Rafale ( $ 90 million) would be very harmful for Pakistan and even with your whole AIR FORCE budget ,pakistan can only afford 10 of those. where One JF-17 is ($ 15 million) that means in cost of ONE RAFALE pakistan can buy 6 of those. JF-17.

7 JF-17 are better than a single rafale:agree:

Back
Top Bottom