What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looks like MOD has un intentionally declared that Rafale is cheaper than EF

"Sources, however, said the "unit flyaway cost" or "direct acquisition cost" of each Eurofighter Typhoon was "higher" than the French Rafale fighter, both of which fall in the $80-$110 million bracket"

So guys Now there is a 90% chance that Rafale will be announced as winner coz its cheaper , unless EF guys bring in something totally outstanding to the table

Looking at the price tag it seems that EF COST AROUND 110 Million USD while Rafale around 90 Million USD each

I think this report confirms the New report last night that there was a gap of 2 Billion USD between the fly away cost quoted by the 2 fighters , and now we know that fly away cost of 126 Rafales is cheaper by atleast 2 Billion USD as compared to EFT

The lowest bidder is likely to be determined in six-eight weeks, after which contract negotiations will begin. The lowest bidder will be determined after considering life-cycle costs for both vendors.

“With the opening of bids, the process for selecting the lowest bidder has begun,” Kar said. He added that during the meeting, both vendors were notified about the other’s cost per unit. He, however, declined to comment on the figures, citing confidentiality clauses.

Kar also declined to comment on where each vendor stood in relation to the benchmark price determined by the defence ministry. Benchmarking refers to the process by which the reasonable cost range of acquisition is determined. The defence ministry had completed this process in October.

Officials said that after benchmarking, the final cost of acquisition could be significantly higher than the originally anticipated cost of Rs42,000 crore.

A person with direct knowledge of the matter said that Dassault was “marginally lower” on the unit cost. Mint could not independently confirm this.

Phone calls made to Dassault officials remained unanswered.

“Our offer for India’s medium multi-role combat aircraft tender is backed by the four Eurofighter partner nations, as well as their respective aerospace and defence industries. It is competitive and designed to deliver maximum value to India,” Cassidian, the defence and security subsidiary of EADS, said in a statement. “Our proposal to make India a full partner in the Eurofighter programme is fully supported by Germany, the UK, Spain and Italy.”

Former foreign secretary Lalit Mansingh concurred. “I think the only message that is being sent out is that India has reached a stage where it can buy the best technology. India can choose quality and not go in for bargains. There is also the transfer of technology. I think India will choose the best technology and the vendor who allows for substantial manufacture of the aircraft in India under the transfer of technology clauses,” he said.

India opens bids for combat planes - Corporate News - livemint.com

The lowest bidder is likely to be determined in six-eight weeks, after which contract negotiations will begin. The lowest bidder will be determined after considering life-cycle costs for both vendors.

“With the opening of bids, the process for selecting the lowest bidder has begun,” Kar said. He added that during the meeting, both vendors were notified about the other’s cost per unit. He, however, declined to comment on the figures, citing confidentiality clauses.

Kar also declined to comment on where each vendor stood in relation to the benchmark price determined by the defence ministry. Benchmarking refers to the process by which the reasonable cost range of acquisition is determined. The defence ministry had completed this process in October.

Officials said that after benchmarking, the final cost of acquisition could be significantly higher than the originally anticipated cost of Rs42,000 crore.

A person with direct knowledge of the matter said that Dassault was “marginally lower” on the unit cost. Mint could not independently confirm this.

Phone calls made to Dassault officials remained unanswered.

“Our offer for India’s medium multi-role combat aircraft tender is backed by the four Eurofighter partner nations, as well as their respective aerospace and defence industries. It is competitive and designed to deliver maximum value to India,” Cassidian, the defence and security subsidiary of EADS, said in a statement. “Our proposal to make India a full partner in the Eurofighter programme is fully supported by Germany, the UK, Spain and Italy.”

Former foreign secretary Lalit Mansingh concurred. “I think the only message that is being sent out is that India has reached a stage where it can buy the best technology. India can choose quality and not go in for bargains. There is also the transfer of technology. I think India will choose the best technology and the vendor who allows for substantial manufacture of the aircraft in India under the transfer of technology clauses,” he said.

India opens bids for combat planes - Corporate News - livemint.com

@Sancho the Brazilian airforce wanted the Gripen not the Rafale it was their 1st choice but due to pressure + the the deal struck with France for help on their N sub they were compelled to go for Rafale. At the moment that tender is still up in the air and the F18 is back in the race the last I heard.

Like i said before nobody wants the Rafale when you can have the EF :tongue: it is 2nd best and always will be end of matter.

Also the Swiss can't even afford the rafale how they going to pay for EF? they cancelled the whole tender process and will start for new budget year

why cant they tell us whose bids were lowest??

Defence ministry spokesman Sitanshu Kar said commercial bids were opened by the CNC. The defence ministry will now examine and evaluate the bids to arrive at the lowest bidder, he said.
Kar, however, refrained from disclosing the unit price and said confidentiality clause is applicable to all the stake holders in the proposed deal including the bureaucrats, vendors and IAF officers.

Explaining the time taken for announcing the lowest bidder, they said the defence ministry will go through more than 1,000 documents submitted by both the bidders. These documents will cover the price of all items ranging from engine to spare parts, avionics and weaponry and a thorough study is needed before taking a decision, sources said

its from eye ra....e post by me.

Our offer for India’s medium multi-role combat aircraft tender is backed by the four Eurofighter partner nations,

i see it as blackmailing point and EADS commented after meeting but french remained silent.
so its gonna be rafale 100%%%

i see it as blackmailing point and EADS commented after meeting but french remained silent.
so its gonna be rafale 100%%%

Their loud mouthing has earlier caused loss of the engine deal.

Too much love can kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom