What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Hope it does not get go as planned and it gets delayed and signed on 26th instead.

India could use Uri incident as the reason for the delay..

Did see an Old Documentary on F-35 vs the world , they showed simulators on how a 5th Gen aircraft is better than the current Nato and Russian Fed aircrafts.

Yes as u said it was like a marketing video and biased to the f-35. It showed at what distant or how close the enemy can come close to the F-35 before getting destroyed (Current weapons load and specs includes Jamming , ECCM ,defensive ad and countermeasure was taken into account)

Aircraft - includes the Su30MK series, Typhoon, Rafale etc (can't remember the rest). And the closest aircraft to get to the F-35!.(if i remember correctly ) is The Rafale! :enjoy:

Does it takes into account SPECTRA the integrated electronic survival system which embodies a software -based virtual stealth technology

Look at SPECTRA below!
00.JPG

https://defence.pk/threads/the-rafale-hidden-beauties-and-its-future.422896/page-2#post-8172283

Does it takes into account SPECTRA the integrated electronic survival system which embodies a software -based virtual stealth technology

Look at SPECTRA below!
00.JPG

https://defence.pk/threads/the-rafale-hidden-beauties-and-its-future.422896/page-2#post-8172283
Yes the sims, as well as the Experts, did take into account the SPECTRA system. (i'm trying to locate this documentary, will post it once found)

Hope it does not get go as planned and it gets delayed and signed on 26th instead.

India could use Uri incident as the reason for the delay..
Why the 26th?

23rd is Ashtami while 26th is Ekadashi.

People who believe in Hinduism consider Ashtami (8th day in Hindu lunar calendar) to be an inauspicious day for signing such an important deal unless we want this deal to fail.
But isn't the 23rd just an IGA and the actual signing at a later date whenever President Hollande comes to India?

But isn't the 23rd just an IGA and the actual signing at a later date whenever President Hollande comes to India?

28-AUG-2007 : The RFP for MMRCA was released
=================================================

It fell on Prathama, Krishna paksha, Bhadrapada maasam
If it was released a few days earlier it would have been Shraavana maasam which is the most auspicious month and Shukla paksha which is considered more auspicious than Krishna paksha.

Those few days of delay in issuing the RFP has cost a great amount of delays to the entire program

31-JAN-2012 : RAFALE was announced as the winner
====================================================

It fell on Ashtami, Shukla paksha, Magha Maasam

It could have been announced on Sunday 29-JAN-2012 which was Ratha Saptami. Coincidentally it fell on Sunday.
The day is very auspicious for Sun god and tied to Uttarayanam (first half of the year) which is preferred to Dakshinayanam (second half of the year)

Now we know why it was that difficult to close the deal even after the selection of RAFALE.
It was only being made possible after the cancellation of MMRCA deal negating the earlier ill selected date.

10-APR-2015 : Modi and Hollande announce the new jet deal for 36 RAFALEs
=========================================================================

It fell on Shasti, Krishna paksha, Chaitra maasam

They could have announced it on 9th which was Panchami and preferred day than Shasti. I hope that the agreement was signed on the 9th.

=======================================================================================================================================================================

Now we take the stand that is convenient for us like saying this is only an IGA and not the final contract but each of these steps have their own significance and leads to the other.

What has to happen will happen as the fate has already been written by Brahma.

As mortals we need to perform our karma.

I have done my 2 cents of Karma by highlighting it.

It is up to the people in power to take it or leave it.

PS : When Krishna saw that shadow of moon in milk all his advisors play down the incidence saying that it was only the shadow and he did not see the moon but Krishna knew and was blamed for stealing Syamantakamani by Satrajit.

Last edited:
@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy

Might turn out to be a bit of controversy, but LCA now uses Elbit Targo HMDS and not DASH. Were you guys aware of this? However, I'd expect the Rafales to operate the same HMDS as Mirages, atleast for now.

tejas_hmds.png

http://elbitsystems.com/product/targo/

Good Day!
Honestly , from videos (Eg: Bahrain Airshow) The HMDS looks like the Elbit Targo HMDS.
(Unless both Targo and DASH looks the same)

@PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy

Might turn out to be a bit of controversy, but LCA now uses Elbit Targo HMDS and not DASH. Were you guys aware of this? However, I'd expect the Rafales to operate the same HMDS as Mirages, atleast for now.

tejas_hmds.png

Good Day!
Ya Lokesh is my friend btw and we were discussing about whether the Targo is being use in Tejas ot not and he asked Tejas-LCA page for it.

Honestly , from videos (Eg: Bahrain Airshow) The HMDS looks like the Elbit Targo HMDS.
(Unless both Targo and DASH looks the same)

Yes well there are certain differences in the back design of this helmet compared to the Targo but then again DASH isn't like this either.

28-AUG-2007 : The RFP for MMRCA was released
=================================================

It fell on Prathama, Krishna paksha, Bhadrapada maasam
If it was released a few days earlier it would have been Shraavana maasam which is the most auspicious month and Shukla paksha which is considered more auspicious than Krishna paksha.

Those few days of delay in issuing the RFP has cost a great amount of delays to the entire program

31-JAN-2012 : RAFALE was announced as the winner
====================================================

It fell on Ashtami, Shukla paksha, Magha Maasam

It could have been announced on Sunday 29-JAN-2012 which was Ratha Saptami. Coincidentally it fell on Sunday.
The day is very auspicious for Sun god and tied to Uttarayanam (first half of the year) which is preferred to Dakshinayanam (second half of the year)

Now we know why it was that difficult to close the deal even after the selection of RAFALE.
It was only being made possible after the cancellation of MMRCA deal negating the earlier ill selected date.

10-APR-2015 : Modi and Hollande announce the new jet deal for 36 RAFALEs
=========================================================================

It fell on Shasti, Krishna paksha, Chaitra maasam

They could have announced it on 9th which was Panchami and preferred day than Shasti. I hope that the agreement was signed on the 9th.

=======================================================================================================================================================================

Now we take the stand that is convenient for us like saying this is only an IGA and not the final contract but each of these steps have their own significance and leads to the other.

What has to happen will happen as the fate has already been written by Brahma.

As mortals we need to perform our karma.

I have done my 2 cents of Karma by highlighting it.

It is up to the people in power to take it or leave it.

PS : When Krishna saw that shadow of moon in milk all his advisors play down the incidence saying that it was only the shadow and he did not see the moon but Krishna knew and was blamed for stealing Syamantakamani by Satrajit.

@dadeechi, it's the name of the monkey that was around shree Krishna, when he was growing up.
Is that it??

Jean-Yves Le Drian will travel to New Delhi Thursday, September 22 in the evening, where the soap opera of the Rafale contract seems to finally arrive, told AFP an official of the Indian Ministry of Defence. This trip of French Defence Minister could finalize the intergovernmental agreement actant the purchase of 36 Rafale aircraft to France by New Delhi.

http://live.lesechos.fr/64/0211305002964.php#xtor=CS1-105

can some1 please explain how is 36 rafales going to make any meaningful difference in replacing the soon-to-be-decommisoned Mig-21s?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom