What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

Livefist ‏@livefist 15m15 minutes ago

Reports in that India & France have finalised their deal for 36 Rafale fighters. Contract signature in a month.

CgFzFX_WcAAsgLc.jpg

Deccan Herald ‏@TheDeccanHerald 5m5 minutes ago Bengaluru, India

#JUST IN: India and France finalise #Rafale deal worth 7.8 billion Euros for 36 fighter jets: TV Reports

CgF1i-iVIAA0ifG.jpg

The Indian market is large enough to satisfy everyone.

As for engines, if this Rafale deal is clinched and in the scale one is talking about (200+) the ADA had better consider fitting uprated M88s in the AMCA, it would be foolish to puruse the F414.

Congrats my brothers, Finally this deal can be "almost put aside".

I was really hoping French's help on developing Kaveri/kabini/Ghatak engine as part of this deal.

GOI can't be that stupid to go with US for F414. I think we still have a chance here, 36 Rafales came with French's help with Nuclear Reactors. Maybe 90 Rafales with come with thier help with Jet Engines. I wouldn't rule that out.

@PARIKRAMA, my bad brother, didn't know you had posted some very interesting news on Rafales. News was huge and you have credibility so why not open a new thread.

Anyways, will wait for the fat lady to sing to make it official.

This deal is just the tip of the iceberg,

@PARIKRAMA's projection:

Vstol says Rafale M may be there in IAC1. If it happens then surely 42-45 will be ordered from merignac as IAC1 will come by Dec 06,2019..

so effectively in Merignac - 36+18+ 27 (45-18) = 81 or may be fully 36+18+45 = 99

thus there should not be any surprise here..

If Merignac gets 100 jets, then multiply it with 3+ minimum and Indian line will get 300+ jets....

simply
IAC1 45 (30 jets on deck)
IAC1 follow on - 2 nos - (36 jets on deck) - 100
IAC2 - 1 numbers - 54 jets
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rafale M market - 45+100+54 - 199
Merignac line for Rafale M - 45+18 = 63
Indian Line for Rafale M= 136 Jets

IAF need 190 jets
------------------------------------------

Indian line potential - 326 jets

11 Million to 7.8 Million is a good drop. Can experts comment on the price ? Did India get a good deal on price ?

11 Million to 7.8 Million is a good drop. Can experts comment on the price ? Did India get a good deal on price ?
Until the full package is known it is hard to say but this deal is very consistent with the export price for the Rafale and considering 50% of the cost will be re-invested into India and these jets will be customised to Indian spec, this is a fine deal indeed.

If there was any truth to those figures......

The aforementioned amount , near about 8.8 Billion USD, well I think its the middle way out.

Only hope that we get a good amount of offsets, industrial benefits and some crucial help in some areas like production, AESA, engine etc.

9 billion USD divided by 36 aircrafts = Very expensive Item.

India still got robbed.

India still got robbed.
Only dummies would use this backwards approach to calcuate unit cost. The FIRST deal is ALWAYS going to cost more as into the price you have the cost of infrastructure set up, training, spares, maintainence, weapons etc etc etc. The marginal cost therafter drops signifcantly.

Dividing total cost by number of units is never going to give you anything like a representational figure but then you aren't interested in a nuanced and factual anaysis are you?

Rafale-M for IAC-1 makes sense with what we can see (in that the IN has not shown any interest in a single more MiG-29K and 45 are insufficent for both the IAC-1 and Viky) but also presents its own set of chellenges namely delviery. When will the Rafale-Ms first be delviered to the IN? The IAC-1 will going into sea trails in mid/late 2018 and validating air ops is a huge part of the IAC-1 completing sea trails, of course the MiG-29Ks can be (and likely will) be used for the IAC-1's air wing but whenever the Rafale-M comes in it will take a while to intergrate a new fighter with the carrier.

Furthermore, when the IN inducts a new fighter they first form an ITFU and this lasts 2-3 years before the jets will be formally inducted into the IN and made fully operational.

It looks like its going to be some time before the Rafale-M is operational on an Indian carrier as I don't see deliveries happening for 3+ years and another 2-3 years in ITFU on top of that.
You can train your navy pilot, with French Rafale M on your existing STOBAR during the IPER of Charle de Gaulle...

India still got robbed.

Kuwait got 28 Eurofighter for near 9 billion USD.
Australia too got Super Hornets for near over 250 million bucks a piece.
Gripen C in 2012 as offered to Switzerland without anything was over 100 million bucks...

So the point is, if India wants a western platform, CHEAP IS NOT AN OPTION.

Back
Top Bottom