What's new

Dar slams 'uncustomary' IMF attitude, snubs demand for abandoning long-range missiles

I didn't say it was the US fault, more so Saudi money and brand of Islam. However, the US is at fault for abandoning Afghanistan after using it against the Soviets, but so was Pakistan. But as a neighboring country, Pakistan had an obligation to help its neighbor.

Pakistan follows its national interests. USA follows its own national interests. But many here blame USA for all of Pakistan's faults because accepting responsibility is too hard for them. Gen Zia and what he did is all on Pakistan. And all those who followed him. Right up to those who put Dar back.

Pakistan follows its national interests. USA follows its own national interests. But many here blame USA for all of Pakistan's faults because accepting responsibility is too hard for them. Gen Zia and what he did is all on Pakistan. And all those who followed him. Right up to those who put Dar back.

I agree with your comments on following national interests. But let's not forget the material used to recruit individuals and child soldiers where made right here in the U.S. and published by the University of Nebraska at Omaha. Hence, the Americans had a direct role in creating this boogeyman. You can't absolve them entirely, as they had the money to recruit, train and arm these groups. The Americans initially promised to rebuild the country and abandoned this promise, so all sides were at fault.

Now, yes, Pakistan housed them, but I also remembered the USSR had a score to settle with Pakistan for its partnership with the U.S. in housing U-2 spy flights, and the Russians threatened us with a nuclear strike. On top of that, you had India on one side and soon USSR on the other. Recent leaks from Russian intelligence have revealed they also wanted to cut away at Balochistan. Ex-KGB agents are on record accepting their involvement in Baloch separatist movements to damage Pakistan.

Now tell me, how would you have solved these threats facing Pakistan? You had to choose the lesser of two evils, fighting them outside or in your house. Had we not fought them in Afghanistan and we did at home, people would say the military didn't do anything to protect the sovereignty and allowed the USSR to invade, and you'd end up like East German when the Soviets came and raped what was in their sight, and the end looked like Afghanistan. With India being unchecked in the end.

At some point, we need to accept reality, yes, the army made a mistake, but in this case, it wasn't just the military making its decisions the political parties themselves were involved in this as well.

Now afterward I accept the military dropped the ball but so did the political ruling class and left Afghanistan alone as well. Zia’s plan was to make Afghanistan an extension of Pakistan a commonwealth of sorts as national interests would have dictated it.

The problem I have is people point at Zia but do not tell us what they would have done differently in facing the Soviet threat.

(barring bring Ganja close to premiership)

Last edited:
The problem I have is people point at Zia but do not tell us what they would have done differently in facing the Soviet threat.

Whatever anyone can propose now can only be hypothetical. What is clear and unchangeable is what Gen Zia did, and all the consequences thereof. The real evil that he planted was not anything USA asked him to do or not, but the monster of rabid Islamism that he unleashed upon society based upon his own personal religious beliefs, and he found enough fools within Pakistan to follow him into multiplying this monster many times over for decades into today. There were many who tried to stop this army of lunatics and zealots, but they were all defeated by destroying every vestige of dissent viciously. That was all 100% Pakistanis within Pakistan, no one else.

Even with US actions in the region, what University of Nebraska published is merely an open academic exercise, which anyone had the freedom to follow, or not, as they could choose. Finding anyone else to blame is merely finding accuses to deflect blame from where it actually belongs: 100% totally Pakistan. It is this persistently boneheaded refusal to see any fault within Pakistanis that continues to prevent them from seeing where the real problem lies, let alone do anything to even begin solving them.

Topi Drama,

Jub awam ko denay k liye atta aur ghee tak na ho to ussay Chutiya banaye rakho...

IMF bola k bhikari govt ko qarza nahi milay ga, jub tak Saudi, UAE aur Qatar ZAMANAT na day...

PTI media team has been spreading rumors that IMF/amreeka want to disarm Pakistan (dar in his infinite stupidity has decided to capitalize on that) and also that they want moron taliban khan to give his assent to the loan.

IMF and amreeka have both clarified that their refusal to help has nothing to do with Pakistani nukes/defense forces nor with agreement from moron e ahzam. but to do with their mismanagement of finances.

Dar should be in prison for unnecessarily address the nuclear program. Giving public reason a failure of talks with IMF.

Pakistan should respond by sticking 10 Nuke warheads on one missile. That would fu(k up any country for good.

ooo what happened to this holy kamasutra within one day? who is gonna play with our prof. sayyad haider sahib now?
What makes you think that Kamasutra is holy? Kamasutra is a procedural guideline, like a workout booklet in today's date.

Ancient Indian culture has soooooo many books that you can't even begin to comprehend. I would love to debate you on it but I don't think you or bretheren the required knowledge or experience.

What makes you think that Kamasutra is holy? Kamasutra is a procedural guideline, like a workout booklet in today's date.

Ancient Indian culture has soooooo many books that you can't even begin to comprehend. I would love to debate you on it but I don't think you or bretheren the required knowledge or experience.

This nigga is worried about the importance of kamasutra...

30-March-23a.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom