What's new

Dar has said that we now have to learn to live without the IMF.

Imagine that India’s exports for 2021 were $680 billion and rising. Pakistan’s exports are $27 billion and falling.

India has 6x the population and 25x the exports. The duffer generals and their criminal politicians have totally ruined the economy.

Now they want to destroy the whole country in their effort to cling to power.
India is not that different. They got lucky that's all.

We have our generals, they have their political families and sycophants who behave exactly the same as our generals when it comes to looting the country.

They got lucky with PM Rao, if not for that one man they would be in the same boat as us. We need a Rao. And it not going to be IK.

Have to live without IMF, Says Dar after imposing plethora of taxes on nation​

Finance Minister said it is a surprise to world that Pakistan has not and will not become Sri Lanka, All payments are timely, Pakistan will not default​

Photo of Web Desk Web Desk11 hours ago

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Messenger Share via Email Print

Finance Minister, Ishaq Dar, Economic, misery, Debris, PTI, government, put, وزیر خزانہ، اسحاق ڈار، معاشی، بدحالی، ملبہ، پی ٹی آئی، حکومت، ڈال دیا،

Federal Finance Minister Ishaq Dar has said that we have to learn to live without IMF. Economists say that if we had to live without IMF, we would have to accept their demands on people. Why was the tax burden of 170 billion rupees imposed? What was need to make petrol and diesel expensive? What was need to increase prices of electricity? Ishaq Dar answer these questions.
These views were expressed by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar while addressing a function organized by Islamabad Industrial Association in Islamabad yesterday.
Ishaq Dar said that it is a surprise for the world that Pakistan has not made Sri Lanka and will not make it, Pakistan will not default, all payments are timely, Pakistan will not default.
FIR filed against protesting women in Peshawar, distributing death in the name of flour and ration in KPK and Punjab
The Federal Finance Minister said that all the pre-conditions of the IMF have been fulfilled, we have to learn to live without the IMF, during the first 8 months of this financial year, Pakistan’s external debt has decreased by 4 billion dollars.
He again lit the lamp of hope and said that the staff level agreement on the IMF program will be done soon, the board meeting will also be held.
He said that Pakistan is not made to default, the finance minister asked the business community for budget suggestions.
Addressing the event, he said that Pakistan was a macroeconomically unstable country in 2013. In the last 6 to 7 months there were talks of default, during the year 2013 to 2017, Pakistan became the 24th largest economy in the world.
Ishaq Dar said that Pakistan was going to join the list of G20 countries. He said that in the last five years, Pakistan has become the 47th economy in the world. However, we have to leave these things behind and move forward. The finance minister said that the developing Pakistan was not noticed by anyone, Allah Almighty has to protect this country himself, threats of sanctions were given to prevent explosions in comparison with India. If Pakistan was not a nuclear power, there would have been more problems. Nawaz Sharif’s decision will be written in golden letters in history.
He said that if everyone works together, then Pakistan can be fine, if they work together, then Pakistan can take off. 33 thousand LCs were pending when he came to the ministry, stopped the decline in Pakistan, now it has to be completely reversed.
He said that from 2013 to 2018, the economy increased by 126 billion dollars, the next 5 years only increased by 26 billion dollars, efforts are being made to bring the foreign exchange to 12 to 12 billion dollars by June 30. Pakistan will develop, deficit will be controlled.
https://news360.tv/en/business/have...r-after-imposing-plethora-of-taxes-on-nation/
This SOB, whose whole wealth and families in foreign countries and teaching the lesson to poor Pakistani. Right after landing collect his Rs 50 million senate salaries and all confiscated properties.

And yet it could potentially happen. If not naval ships, then merchant ships which there is precedent for. Embassies may also be seized so long as the aggrieved party has international court backing, which would certainly play a role in any default situation. Pakistan would be sued out of existence.

The individual person wouldn't be targeted, but former or sitting ministers who have direct links to government? Pakistan based corporations that have overseas presence? They're all fair game.

Nope. It might sound fair. It is not legal. You cannot take away personal property of corporate executive even if the corporation defaults. I do not see how government employees will be treated differently

During PTI’s 3.5 years, the CAD was gradually coming under control and there were some months with surplus.

Forex reserves peaked to $22b and $16b before PTI exit. Exports touching $30b and remittances and inward receipts on Roshan digital account. And a 5%+ GDP growth rate. You’d be a noob not to take that.

The road to right the Pakistan economy is probably a 10-15 year undertaking.

The PDM have destroyed in 1 year what Pakistan’s enemy could only dream of.

Some of the so called intellectual keyboard warriors wanted IK to enable streams of milk and honey. That unfortunately cannot be done.

Last edited:
What assets? What grand delusions do you have about overseas assets?

Physical violence is not the answer.

There is no other way

And given it to Benjamin Afridi in Pekhawar?
I literally mentioned them in this thread, go read.

And it's not just foreign assets that would be in danger, it would be domestic assets as well. From ports to infrastructure to government owned companies....etc.

You keep making this foolish comments when you have no clue what you're talking about.

Nope. It might sound fair. It is not legal. You cannot take away personal property of corporate executive even if the corporation defaults. I do not see how government employees will be treated differently
If the assets are shown to have been used in an official manner, which many times they probably have been, then they can be confiscated.

And corporate assets can be taken, I'm not talking about taking away an executive's house. I'm talking about from small corporate assets like tables and laptops all the way to buildings on foreign soil.

And it's not just foreign assets that would be in danger, it would be domestic assets as well. From ports to infrastructure to government owned companies....etc.

You keep making this foolish comments when you have no clue what you're talking about.

If the assets are shown to have been used in an official manner, which many times they probably have been, then they can be confiscated.

And corporate assets can be taken, I'm not talking about taking away an executive's house. I'm talking about from small corporate assets like tables and laptops all the way to buildings on foreign soil.

So to give a brief insight, a court can order "charging orders," which allows the creditors to take control as if they were owners without being the actual owner. This will enable the creditors to seize and sell the assets. The executive is shielded but not the entity.

Fine line: If funds from the entity are used to fund an executive's personal affairs, those assets can be taken if the court approves the "piercing of the corporate veil" to satisfy the creditor.

Now, even embassies and lodges (and other assets) are held under a domestic corporation or foreign corporation approved by the state, so you must tap them.

So to give a brief insight, a court can order "charging orders," which allows the creditors to take control as if they were owners without being the actual owner. This will enable the creditors to seize and sell the assets. The executive is shielded but not the entity.

Fine line: If funds from the entity are used to fund an executive's personal affairs, those assets can be taken if the court approves the "piercing of the corporate veil" to satisfy the creditor.

Now, even embassies and lodges (and other assets) are held under a domestic corporation or foreign corporation approved by the state, so you must tap them.
Damn. They take away the embassies? That's hardcore. Like, no respect.

Although, our embassies are useless so they'd probably be doing us a favor. Saving us the cost of running them.

Some day they(@El Sidd and al@Fisher) will be like this

But they are still searching for ghariat

When it comes to @foolnightmare they are simply earning halal rizek
I like your optimism but I highly doubt it. If it was meant for them, They would have realized their be-ghairaty by now.

It is hard to argue Nawaz Sharif's industrial empire or assets of his nephew are state property. The burden of proof is on the creditor. It would be too hard since all the evidence for that is on Pakistani soil.

The only things left are assets of Pakistani state - most of which are in Pakistan. As a creditor I would take a haircut rather than get involved in messy legal procedures.

All told, it's still not going to come anywhere near the borrowed amount adjusted with interest.

They just would have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom