What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

After a longer break finally a new image from the riverside showing the Type 003 aircraft carrier under construction at the Jiangnan Changxing Shipyard.

That image was allegedly taken on 30 April 2021 and some suggest the overhanging extensions on the port side were connected to one, which basically means there won't be an elevator on the port side. 🤔

(Image via @HenriKenhmann/Twitter)

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210430.jpg

1619870690381.png

After a longer break finally a new image from the riverside showing the Type 003 aircraft carrier under construction at the Jiangnan Changxing Shipyard.

That image was allegedly taken on 30 April 2021 and some suggest the overhanging extensions on the port side were connected to one, which basically means there won't be an elevator on the port side. 🤔

(Image via @HenriKenhmann/Twitter)

View attachment 739130

View attachment 739131

Regarding no elevator on the port side, I cannot tell from this photo. For a carrier at this size, it's hard to imagine there are only two elevators or no one on the port side.

Hmmm?? ... I must admit I don't understand everything he tells, but for me these blurry images are too blurry to identify anything!

Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4 are respectively of May 3, April 20, April 10 and March 14.
Compared with the previous structure length of 310~313 meters including the bulbous bow, the latest structure length is about 320 meters. Seen from the shadow, the characteristics of flying shear are more obvious, indicating that the superstructure module of the bow has been installed in place.

The OP might have Wukong's eyes to see through the very foggy weather.

How far away are we from island installation? It looks like we should see it by mid summer.

According to China standard, its slow.... Its fast compare to West standard.

Pardon, but that's an unjustified arrogance or a stupid comment! China so far built de facto NONE fully indigenous super-carrier and as such such it is even according to Chinese standard quite fast.

Pardon, but that's an unjustified arrogance or a stupid comment! China so far built de facto NONE fully indigenous super-carrier and as such such it is even according to Chinese standard quite fast.
There is no Chinese standard and therefore it is not slow by Chinese standard?
There is no Chinese standard and therefore it is fast by Chinese standard?

Never mind the completely arbitrary reduction to a hyper specific instance of ships to effectively exclude any precedence of Chinese shipbuilding, something nobody has talked about, how does that even compute? If you assert there is nothing to relate to then it cant have any relative properties like fast or slow.

There is no Chinese standard and therefore it is not slow by Chinese standard?
There is no Chinese standard and therefore it is fast by Chinese standard?

Never mind the completely arbitrary reduction to a hyper specific instance of ships to effectively exclude any precedence of Chinese shipbuilding, something nobody has talked about, how does that even compute? If you assert there is nothing to relate to then it cant have any relative properties like fast or slow.

Agreed, you can see it this way .. but then it's valid in the same way to this post? Or am I wrong?

Progress seems slow.

By the way, I got aware, that there was a new GeoEye-1/MAXAR image captured yesterday and by an analysis it looks like they're making progress on the port side flight deck overhang. The whole ship by now appears to be ~315 m long at this stage.
Doesn't look like it'll get much longer if at all.

Back
Top Bottom