What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Another drawing that claim to show the current state of 003.
From weibo member -
蓝鲨小队.
请再次记住指挥长今天发过三号的真实状态
2018new_zhongguozan_org.png

0070jOSWly1fs1us9lh3vj312e0lgwiz.jpg
Waiting to see when it is moved to dry dock.

Last edited:
He can be trusted.

Just to clarify, am I right in assuming that some module assembly work, has begun on 003 inside one of the large sheds, and once the 055 Cruiser, and the other ship to the side of it, have had their work finished in the dry dock, then when they move out, then the 003 construction will be moved outside?? btw:- how does anyone know 003 is actually being constructed, as being inside a hallway, its hidden from view.......unless you work in the shipyard?:-)

Just to clarify, am I right in assuming that some module assembly work, has begun on 003 inside one of the large sheds, and once the 055 Cruiser, and the other ship to the side of it, have had their work finished in the dry dock, then when they move out, then the 003 construction will be moved outside?? btw:- how does anyone know 003 is actually being constructed, as being inside a hallway, its hidden from view.......unless you work in the shipyard?:-)
Time will tell the true.:-)

Most of the big shrimps have some kind of connections with the shipyards and the military or military related institutions, and their leaks are usually tolerated by the authorities as long as they are within certain limits.

As for type 003 (or type 002 preferred by somes), though the works have commenced, most of the big shrimps suggested that we would not see it soon as the material procurements are still in progress. We may have to wait for later date than anticipated. I would say end of this year or may be early next year.

Just found at the CDF posted by "hmmwv" (http://www.china-defense.com/smf/index.php?topic=6622.msg321805#msg321805)

fzgfzy release a series of photos allegedly showing current 003 progress at JNCX, and mentioned right now it's in sub assembly production, and we are a long way from seeing any major modules that can be recognized as carrier part. Mainly due to changes in design (I'd imagine that's related to switching to EM Launch) and subsequent upgrades in the new JNCX facility.

From the look of it the pictures shows JNCX's brand new carrier fabrication building which became operational last November.

不要太想当然,我当时就说了,一旦要改就快不了,电蒸pk也是我先发的,之后改图纸可改死人了。到船厂还要按生产再深化一次图纸,我一小姐姐当时负责算某大补的绝缘,就用了一个月,更别说复杂几十倍的航母。至于新厂,盖了建,建又改(加东西),加了又加。厂还没整利索呢(见图),有些东西堆傍边,还不是03的。某地里面应该是有些号好的料了,小的组立可能也有,大分段就扯了,一旦展开是不能脱节的,前面的东西没有一定的量,是不可能进入下一步的。

PLN Type 003 carrier - said to be u.c. - 20180608 - 1.jpeg
PLN Type 003 carrier - said to be u.c. - 20180608 - 2.jpeg
PLN Type 003 carrier - said to be u.c. - 20180608 - 3.jpeg

Just to clarify some confusion, but we have reports and rumours since some time - in fact some post say this since more than a year - that construction of the first Type 003 vessel has started ... but what's the current consensus when it started in fact?

Best,
Deino

Deino you might like to qualify what you mean by started? Because there can be a number of different "start" dates. Do you mean first steel cut? First modules started? Not to be a pedant but you could be a number of different dates.

Deino you might like to qualify what you mean by started? Because there can be a number of different "start" dates. Do you mean first steel cut? First modules started? Not to be a pedant but you could be a number of different dates.

Agreed ... Sorry for being misleading: I meant "first steel cut"!

Back
Top Bottom