What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Because you can't comprehend English?!? Or have you not been up-to-date on Chinese carrier matters? If you are, my posts would make perfect sense.

I don't know why some ppl believe that the PLAN has just begun steel cutting in June. That would imply a commissioning date in the mid 2020s! Surely, the Chinese are more prudent than letting themselves be without a CATOBAR carrier for the next 10 years?

Why would it take China 10 years to build a carrier?

Pop3 already said that the 003 began construction along with the 002 (former 001a) back in early 2014.

As far as I am concerned, pop3 has never said anything like that.

Pop3's rumor was confirmed by CSSC in March 2015, which stated that steel cutting for the 3rd aircraft carrier (003) had already begun.

Neither has CSSC confirmed any information about the 3rd carrier.

The real construction was supposed to start in 2016 but was delayed due to competition between EMALs and Steam (the former won eventually).

Is it 2014 or 2016?

Now, we should see the assembly of the 003 relatively soon as steel cutting and delivery of parts are completed ...

Let's wait and see.

Is it 2014 or 2016?

Let's wait and see.
I mean from steel cutting to commissioning. The 002 carrier began steel cutting in 2013 and is slated to be commissioned by 2019. That's 6 years. Maybe I was off by that number, but if steel cutting only recently began, that would imply an at least 6 year period until the 003 carrier is commissioned (by mid 2020s), lest this assumption is false.
Go look at the first post of this thread by @ChineseTiger1986.
Maybe because you missed it??? It was a report in March 2015 ... I can find it if you're really that desperate.
Is it 2014 or 2016?
I believe that steel cutting began in late 2014, as evidenced by pop3's rumors. The assembly (aka construction) should've begun in 2016 but was delayed due to the catapult competition.
Let's wait and see.
Isn't that what we do here :azn:

PS: Next time if you don't understand something about my post, please point out the specifics instead of just saying "you make no sense".

I mean from steel cutting to commissioning. The 002 carrier began steel cutting in 2013 and is slated to be commissioned by 2019. That's 6 years. Maybe I was off by that number, but if steel cutting only recently began, that would imply an at least 6 year period until the 003 carrier is commissioned (by mid 2020s), lest this assumption is false.
Go look at the first post of this thread by @ChineseTiger1986.
Maybe because you missed it??? It was a report in March 2015 ... I can find it if you're really that desperate.
Is it 2014 or 2016?
I believe that steel cutting began in late 2014, as evidenced by pop3's rumors. The assembly (aka construction) should've begun in 2016 but was delayed due to the catapult competition.
Let's wait and see.
Isn't that what we do here :azn:

PS: Next time if you don't understand something about my post, please point out the specifics instead of just saying "you make no sense".

The first post of this thread by @ChineseTiger1986 is clearly a misunderstanding, since not until yesterday did pop3 tacitly admit the start of the construction of the 3rd carrier.

See also:
http://www.haohanfw.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=113723&pid=615731
http://www.haohanfw.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=88917&pid=436344

Of course CSSC did not disclose anything about the 3rd carrier. The rumor comes from Professor Jin Yinan's lecture. However, what Prof. Jin meant is that CSSC is the contractor of the 3rd carrier. He did not confirm the start of the construction either.

The first post of this thread by @ChineseTiger1986 is clearly a misunderstanding, since not until yesterday did pop3 tacitly admit the start of the construction of the 3rd carrier.

See also:
http://www.haohanfw.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=113723&pid=615731
http://www.haohanfw.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=88917&pid=436344

Of course CSSC did not disclose anything about the 3rd carrier. The rumor comes from Professor Jin Yinan's lecture. However, what Prof. Jin meant is that CSSC is the contractor of the 3rd carrier. He did not confirm the start of the construction either.

If you by any chance know, what is the current status of the J-15T for the 003? Some sources claim it is entering mass production while others are less optimistic.

There are also rumors that the J-20 beat the FC-31 in the PLAN carrier-born 5th-gen fighter tender; have you heard anything about that?

Ha ha... China is still so good at keeping things under thick veils, confusion A v B...
just keep it that way!!

I still love to see big surprise pops up at the duly time but not prematurely! :enjoy::tup:

Just wonder what the Four(!?) Major Think-tanks (CSIS & its derivatives; RAND; National Interest; Foreign Policy -- Am I right with the names? :P plus few others: The Diplomat; Naval War College's Prof. Andrew S. Erickson / USNI; ONI Reports; Prof. Toshi Yoshihara and Prof. James Holmes and so on) in the USA opine about this development... have not yet peeped around there or those names lately :lol:

Nowadays I love to read them "underrating" the Chinese military muscles and keep the sense of steady dominance on the paper when the changing realities do not conform to their lines. I boldly say: "Let 'em have the superiority complex and win over words!" :smitten:

Last edited:
Updates
ar0WLar.jpg
cKSQVS8.jpg
Mio60A.jpg
4pxxcg.jpg
XfXjBe.jpg

The news about the chinese carrier-capable tactical airborn early warning (AEW) aircraft?

http://rencai.people.com.cn/n1/2017/0928/c244805-29564500.html

“作为总设计师,段卓毅的工作方法是“俯下去,跳出来”。俯下去就是要筹谋全局、关注重点,“跳出来”则要依托团队、充分放权。近年来,他带领团队在国内率先探索高指标、强约束条件下的涡桨飞机正向设计方法,攻克了一系列关键技术,为型号顺利推进奠定了基础,此举也使得我国成为继美国之后世界上第二个拥有该类飞机研制能力的国家。”

The aircraft work in special condition with turboprop engines. China is the second country that have ability to create such type of aircraft after the Unite State. It looks like a Chinese E-2 AEW.

China's 003 aircraft carrier roars! Equipped with top technology, the U S military says it's growin

Back
Top Bottom