What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Both the Royal and French Navy are better trained and more experienced. They can project power way beyond their respective sealines. The Royal Navy was sent 8000 miles to fight in the Falklands, France can project power all the way into the Persian Gulf and most recently Syria. Neither Japan nor the PLAN have this capability, even Russian Kuznetsov has a better power projection than the PLAN. I'm being a realist, the PLAN may not face the royal or french navy but they have a greater capability than the PLAN.

Falkland war is donkey years ago event. Right now, i doubt RN is still able to carry out such task with every year shrinking military budget.

Syria is not that far from french shore. Fighting in your own turf is much easier than crossing another ocean.

I will rank jmsdf has even a bigger oversea naval power projection than french navy. Its more of the political restriction and lack of will than hardware shortage.

Mate, whether anyone likes it or not, I reckon that China will make it happen in the very near future. Besides, China is the rightful successor to # 2 position... they very well deserve it. Just imagine the hurdles they've crossed in the past couple of decades.

I only gave you the thanks because a good pun earns it.

Really nice But am I the only one who noticed not one of those pics relates to the other? Swooped down nose in one, copy-paste American in the other? We have sci-fi illustrators too! (oops....just realized the poster mentioned that these were concepts....sorry)

And guess what, China has auxiliary ships as well, and in greater numbers. As said before, the abilities of the UK and French navies to carry out long legged missions are spurred by their lease or ownership of foreign military bases. That is a quality of their geopolitics, not technical military capability. In fact, China at one point considered expanding put to thirteen overseas military bases. In purely military terms, the navies of UK and France are exceedingly overwhelmed by that of China, in terms of firepower, quantity, supports, and in some areas technology.

Again they have to maintain and support the oversea bases/missions there is a military aspect in it. Does the PLAN have any capability right now to do what the Royal Navy carried out in the Falklands even if it had the bases ? Or what the US did in preying mantis ? Sure I will concede that the PLAN is dominate in certain fields but it doesn't have the power projection ability and could it maintain and support missions like those? Your playing over quantity over quality game with the current PLAN and the current Royal/French Navy.

And unless people actually know the experience of the Chinese navy, that statement is unsubstantiated at best.

The PLAN has already had naval confrontations with Vietnam which it defeated twice, but comparing that to both the Royal and French navies that have training and experience with the USN. Do you believe that the PLAN is better trained than both those navies?

How? The Liaoning has the same displacement as well as superior sensors, more capable jets, newer subsystems, and enlarged internal space.

I've mentioned the Liaoning is indeed superior but the problem is with the J-15's weaponry load, and it's still a training ship. The Kuznetsov despite it's shortcomings can project power. this problem will be end with the Type 001.

Be a skeptic. However, it would be illogical to do so on the basis of very wrong assumptions and lack of common judgment.

But both the Royal and French have power projection which the PLAN does not that's not an assumption. They are also better trained and experienced that's not an assumption, for now. The Gap will close in the coming years.

Falkland war is donkey years ago event. Right now, i doubt RN is still able to carry out such task with every year shrinking military budget.

Syria is not that far from french shore. Fighting in your own turf is much easier than crossing another ocean.

I will rank jmsdf has even a bigger oversea naval power projection than french navy. Its more of the political restriction and lack of will than hardware shortage.

Could the Falklands war be downplayed? Only few countries could even pull what the RN did. I'll agree on this wars have forced a budget cut while our navy's budget grows. France had to cutback on a carrier, the gap is already closing now.

The PLAN can easily perform a Falkland stunt if it isn't being blocked by the USN.

Imagine if the USN was a hostile force to the Royal Navy, then i doubt the Royal Navy could sail that far to fight against Argentina. They would already get intercepted in the middle of the Ocean, while the PLAN is now facing the same problem.

Again they have to maintain and support the oversea bases/missions there is a military aspect in it. Does the PLAN have any capability right now to do what the Royal Navy carried out in the Falklands even if it had the bases ? Or what the US did in preying mantis ? Sure I will concede that the PLAN is dominate in certain fields but it doesn't have the power projection ability and could it maintain and support missions like those? Your playing over quantity over quality game with the current PLAN and the current Royal/French Navy.
It does and has the ability. When libya crisis broke out. PLAN demonstrated the ability to rapidly evacuate the oversea citizen in short time.

The PLAN has already had naval confrontations with Vietnam which it defeated twice, but comparing that to both the Royal and French navies that have training and experience with the USN. Do you believe that the PLAN is better trained than both those navies?
You seems to forget, PLAN has step up massive amount of training including cross into pacific ocean for longer and tougher naval training which never happen even a decade ago. Few huge live firing multiple exercise had conducted which is unmatched NATO. Western power has budget constraint and training has cut down significantly. And the real live confrontation is irrelevant. Good training can equipped any armed forces with relevant skill.

I've mentioned the Liaoning is indeed superior but the problem is with the J-15's weaponry load, and it's still a training ship. The Kuznetsov despite it's shortcomings can project power. this problem will be end with the Type 001.
You are naive to think Liaoning is just a training ship. If neccessary, Liaoning can be deployed a full CV group. In what way is J-15 payload inferior to Su-33 or Mig-29K? Any proof?
Training carrier is just a title to calm China fear painted by western power. Same as JMSDF say one of its flat top is a destroyer to play down militarism of Japan. Or you really believe the Japanese story? :lol:

But both the Royal and French have power projection which the PLAN does not that's not an assumption. They are also better trained and experienced that's not an assumption, for now. The Gap will close in the coming years.
Better trained is a lie. PLAN is flused with money while western power has budget constrainted. This is a fact! PLAN is able to provided with more realistic training like real live missile firing which is expensive. Real live missile firing tested out your fleet operationa readiness and the robust of your equipment. RN and french navy ill afford such thing with little money and mostly tested with simulation only.

According to POP3, the Type 003 is Ford, not Nimitz.

Well nimitz is like the upgrade of Enterprise which itself is the nuclear version of Kitty hawk.

So if 003 is EMALS, then it must be Ford for comparable ship in class.

If anything, this ship could be a non nuclear version of Nimitz.

HOw many aircrafts can it hold ? if its a super carrier , it has to be 60+

Please read the post again. China has more amphibious support and replenishment ships than either France or Britain. In technical terms China has more capability than either country to support out these missions. The only navies that can be comparable to that of the Chinese are that of the Japanese and US..

Nobody has any authoritative information on either, so it's erroneous to make an early judgment.

The Russian carrier also suffers the same limitations from the ski ramp as does the Chinese, buddy.

False. PLAN has a lot more power projection assets than either UK or France, not to mention that China's assets are more powerful than that of UK or France. UK or France has neither technology nor numbers on their sides when it comes to the attributes of amphibious warfare and power projection.

According to POP3, the construction has been started, so China has simultaneously started the construction of both Type 001A and Type 002.

转帖POP3大师:三言两语说弹射器-海军版-超级大本营军事论坛-最具影响力军事论坛 -

The Chinese must have a lot of naval architects, engineers and scientists to be working on more than one type of carrier...........and it must be quite a massive investment for the Chinese goverment.

One other thing, ive noticed a China vs UK thing on this thread, but that is silly as we are best of friends.........remember we British are not like the Americans! :-)

The Chinese must have a lot of naval architects, engineers and scientists to be working on more than one type of carrier...........and it must be quite a massive investment for the Chinese goverment.

One other thing, ive noticed a China vs UK thing on this thread, but that is silly as we are best of friends.........remember we British are not like the Americans! :-)

There's no UK vs China atmosphere here. The Chinese, after receiving a major shock when the Royal Navy pounded them into submission during the Opium Wars, was led to their push towards naval modernization; the Royal Navy in a way greatly inspired China to build up her own strength and even up to the 1980s Britain was keen to sell China advanced weaponry. Britain's desire to extend a hand during the Sino-Soviet split has not been forgotten.

The previous discussion was purely to mitigate any confusion regarding the Chinese navy's quantitative and qualitative merits.

not an actual war deal, nobody thinks we are going to war with UK, what would we even fight about?

It's more like athletes, you are faster I'm training to be faster, and then I take a look at how fast you are, and compare it to me.

China UK fighting would be weird, we are not Argentina and no way can you take us in Chinese waters, while it be foolish to think we can operate with hostile intent in UK waters.

Back
Top Bottom