What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Latest update of the PLANS-18 "Fujian".

(Image via @还是捣蛋 from Weibo)

Fsfnz6XWwAAfmcV

1680207759842.png

Fujian will weigh over 100,000 tonnes when it becomes fully displaced.

Just read the post #2835.

Last edited:
A new grainy image of the PLANS-18 "Fujian" has been posted at the SDF that maybe shows some progress:

"Dont know whether it is real or PSed." (Lime)

"It's the waist catapult, so it is the rear half of the cover that looks like it may be gone." (Blitzo)
"The part of the shed that was "dismantled" is in the orange box. Using the island structure as a refrence point to the positiion of "dismantled" parts." (lcloo)

What do you think?

Ftf_AREWwAEhiMu

FtgAQJlXoAAR6pv

FtgAR6tWYAEJq-H

A new image showing the PLANS-18 „Fujian“ during fitting out … according to some reports, the two photos posted last week are said to be older ones dating back from the construction of the shelters.

But, the vessel it was relocated a little further forward towards the river.

(Image via @捣蛋就捣蛋 from Weibo)

1398702-f0fa1631fe5f5822e6e3efd98eeecd18.jpg

1681569040802.png

Notice how the catapults are still covered and Ma Weiming hasn't been mentioned/nominated to receive top science prize this year in China?

I think they might have ran into some issue with the EMALS.

Notice how the catapults are still covered and Ma Weiming hasn't been mentioned/nominated to receive top science prize this year in China?

I think they might have ran into some issue with the EMALS.
A bit early to jump to conclusions, don't you think?

A bit early to jump to conclusions, don't you think?
I think not. Ma Weiming was basically praised every year for the past decade, but seem to have gone silent in the last 2. Also, it's been a year since they launch the ship and the tent is still in place over EMALS. That kind of delay is a bit unusual for a Chinese ship.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom