What's new

CV-16 Liaoning - Type 001 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

18373eab24810187079963.jpg
18373eab28310187079111.jpg

Via 新华社

Interesting, Russian wants to buy Liaoning too.

No, surely not ... this is just a plain stupid idea from a certain Russian nationalistic party promoted by an Indian news-outlet. We have a dedicated thread here in this section.

Hello, All, I am new to this blog, but I DID find you as I was researching PLAN Liaoning.

I am a model ship builder and I bumped into your site looking for pictures for reference on my build of 'Trumpeter' 1/700 model of Liaoning.....and This blog site ROCKS!!!

As a USN Veteran of 20+ years and retired teacher who builds models, I want to share my videos of my Liaoning build....

Here is the first video, showing how the lower hull and upper hull was built.....

In This video, is the finished model.....

I present this model for those who are interested in building this hobby model ship, I hope you enjoy. And Just in Case you are wondering....YES, I am building Shandong CV-17, AND have a model of Fujian (Type 003)!!!

Hello, All, I am new to this blog, but I DID find you as I was researching PLAN Liaoning.

I am a model ship builder and I bumped into your site looking for pictures for reference on my build of 'Trumpeter' 1/700 model of Liaoning.....and This blog site ROCKS!!!

As a USN Veteran of 20+ years and retired teacher who builds models, I want to share my videos of my Liaoning build....

Here is the first video, showing how the lower hull and upper hull was built.....

In This video, is the finished model.....

I present this model for those who are interested in building this hobby model ship, I hope you enjoy. And Just in Case you are wondering....YES, I am building Shandong CV-17, AND have a model of Fujian (Type 003)!!!

Exquisite detailing! Welcome!

"The Liaoning is undertaking a significant equipment upgrade, to enhance its overall capabilities." That's what Executive Officer Lu Qiangqiang of China's first aircraft carrier told CGTN in the documentary
From HK newspaper web,
Google translate:
Liaoning ship overhaul training ship upgrade battleship
2023.05.19 20:40:34

(Dagong Wenhui.com reporter Song Wei) On May 19, China's first aircraft carrier Liaoning, which is being upgraded and maintained at the Dalian Shipyard, has removed the Haihongqi-10 close-in defense missiles, anti-submarine rocket deep-bomb launchers and other ship-borne weapons. The island and deck are densely covered with scaffolding and equipment cabins, and the three-coordinate radar and phased array radar have also been removed. Since the Liaoning ship returned to the shipyard on February 28 to start upgrading and maintenance, the construction period has been nearly three months.

On the eve of this year's Navy Festival, CGTN released the documentary "Dark Blue Generation". In the film, the deputy captain of the Liaoning ship, Lu Qiangqiang, revealed that the Liaoning ship has entered the stage of transformation and upgrading, and will transform from the original training ship to a combat ship.

Military expert Du Wenlong wrote an article pointing out that from the perspective of actual combat, the Liaoning ship may have improved its weapon system, synchronously adjusted its software and hardware, and transformed its previous training function into a combat function.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom