What's new

CV-16 Liaoning - Type 001 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Winter training/exercising event just stated in China. This battle group will make Japan nervous.

Winter training/exercising event just stated in China. This battle group will make Japan nervous.
I hope to see some footage that some jets take off from the AC and buzz Japanese/American warships.

I think it is really strange - and maybe also my own fault - that we have several PLN-news threads, two dedicated 001A & 002 carrier topics but none for the Liaoning.

If I find time, I will clean and sort out the others a bit ... but I would recommend from now on all related to the CV-16 to post here.

So let's start with this beautiful image:

View attachment 364127
Wow quite impressive. I wish the best for our Chinese allies.

002ujtFnly1h1k166yojej60u01hcdt602.jpg

Via @解放军报 from Weibo

Shandong aircraft carrier is now VTOL & drone carrier as per this website article:

Just like what I've posted earlier, PLAN won't be building anymore J-15A, not for Liaoning and never for Type 002 Shandong because it's just not practical.

Liaoning class will be converted to STOVL/VSTOL/VTOL & drone carrier too after Type 004 being built & enter active service or could be earlier if the slower less aerodynamic better lift and low speed maneuverability J-15B/D being built in quantities fast enough.

When there's EMAL carrier and PLAN have the budget to build more, PLAN won't waste time, resource and take risk to train new pilots on taking off CTOL fighters from Ski ramp unless that's a STOVL fighter.

Shandong aircraft carrier is now VTOL & drone carrier as per this website article:

Just like what I've posted earlier, PLAN won't be building anymore J-15A, not for Liaoning and never for Type 002 Shandong because it's just not practical.

Liaoning class will be converted to STOVL/VSTOL/VTOL & drone carrier too after Type 004 being built & enter active service or could be earlier if the slower less aerodynamic better lift and low speed maneuverability J-15B/D being built in quantities fast enough.

When there's EMAL carrier and PLAN have the budget to build more, PLAN won't waste time, resource and take risk to train new pilots on taking off CTOL fighters from Ski ramp unless that's a STOVL fighter.

You are so much funny 😆 …. Claiming this since years and now after two additional batches with about 40+ J-15s being delivered and now production switching to the cat-capable J-15B, you claim you wer right.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom