What's new

Current Tensions in Xinjiang-China

Lilo said:
i know enough to comment on its potrayed evilness,and in this case terming falungong as a 'cult' may mean anything ...

Did you study the issue in depth or just follow the sound bites? FLG believes 150% in Chi Gong - Life Force; upto and including ignoring medicine in favour of using Chi to heal all sickness.

What's more, the leader of the cult lives in splendor - on the donations of his followers.

Lilo said:
U chose the first meaning and i chose the first with a combination of 2nd
i.e falungong is a system or community of religious worship and ritual. with its followers often living in an unconventional manner under the guidance of a charismatic leader.

And it's still a cult even by your definition.

Lilo said:
arey yaar why are you comparing falungong which advocates peaceful living with the violent boxer rebellion.?

FLG has been defiant from day one. I have not been to one Chinese community in Canada where they were not out in force pan handling for their cause. The Chinese Embassy got a 24/7 protest across the street; even in the dead of winter. Cops were called to force the idiots to take their kids in from the cold since they believed that Chi would keep them warm.

They may be using passive resistence but it's still resistence against government authourity.

In that regard, they are no more different than the Boxers.

Lilo said:
and i think this discussion abt falun gong has dragged long enough and getting more and more outofsync... dont u think..?

FLG is dangerous and I have no qualms for quashing it. Just as British India did to the Thuggee. With freedom comes responsibility. What you're advocating about the Freedom of Religion, you've ignored the responsibility for that freedom. FLG is anything but responsible for itself.

genmirajborgza786 said:
i think pakistan should not get involve in this

yes agreed cuz the issue is not that big and as far as ughers are concerned well i will be back with some dound info on that 2mrw so m not commenting on that whthr they are wrong or right.
Now as far as Pakistan is concerned yes we should refrain from commenting much on this.

Officer of Engineers said:
FLG has been defiant from day one. I have not been to one Chinese community in Canada where they were not out in force pan handling for their cause. The Chinese Embassy got a 24/7 protest across the street; even in the dead of winter. Cops were called to force the idiots to take their kids in from the cold since they believed that Chi would keep them warm.

FLG is dangerous and I have no qualms for quashing it. Just as British India did to the Thuggee. With freedom comes responsibility. What you're advocating about the Freedom of Religion, you've ignored the responsibility for that freedom. FLG is anything but responsible for itself.
I think u r right i dont know much about cults history but i had watched some movies showing some rituals by the believers of cults like sacrificing kids and women for blessing. Even in this modern era these cults are dangerouse not only for theirself but also for others.So there should be no reason for sidding with its peopel or blaming China for violating humen rights.

Jana said:
So there should be no reason for sidding with its peopel or blaming China for violating humen rights.
Human rights violation is different from FLG. China is a communist state which supresses freedom of speech and thats the main tripe, and CCP is responsible for that.

On that I agree. If you're going to attack China for violating human rights, do so in the right context but don't cite Chinese examples of punishing criminals.

Oh, my, they shot a murderer in the back of the head without a lengthy trial. The horrors!

Ofcourse Sir. Criminals are ought to be treated as criminals, not as freedom fighters. Whether it be Pakistan or China or India, terrorists are ought to be treated as terrorists.

But at the same time, the way China implemented one child policy then and now is horrific. The way they handled SARS and now the Avian flu is also questionable. The people would be much more aware of the surroundings if PRC has a free press and a free political will.

Jay_ said:
But at the same time, the way China implemented one child policy then and now is horrific. The way they handled SARS and now the Avian flu is also questionable. The people would be much more aware of the surroundings if PRC has a free press and a free political will.

Oh God man u r talking about Avian flu and connecting it with the humen rights violations :cheesy: ithink any country must had handdle it carefully cuz it is and was a collective problem endangering the health of hunderds of peopel so there is no question that China might had not done anything to prevent the flu from further spread.

secondly as far as free press or political will is concerned well there is no free press arround the world. Even in the most developed countries like US and others the news we get are first filttered by the state departments.'
And cant u see that the war news i means the news we are getting from Iraq or Afghanistan do u think the journalists are allowed to present the true picture NO eveyone knows that so blaming only China for that is not fair.
As far as humen rights violations are concerned well Guetmo bay and other such examples are in case almost every country is involved in humen rights violation much more thn China.
And lastly the political will :) even the most democratic countries want democracy of their own intrests in some other countries so do u think it is appropriat to say that they are busy in creating democracy that too by throwing the elected governments? Would it be callled democracy according to the political will of the people.?

Jana said:
Oh God man u r talking about Avian flu and connecting it with the humen rights violations :cheesy: ithink any country must had handdle it carefully cuz it is and was a collective problem endangering the health of hunderds of peopel so there is no question that China might had not done anything to prevent the flu from further spread.
Read how Chinese officials first tried to cover the virus. Thats a rights violation. You want me to show some proof for the draconian one child policy and how it was implemented?
http://www.weeklystandard.com/Content/Public/Articles/000/000/002/504jlpnl.asp
http://www.time.com/time/asia/covers/501030505/viewpoint.html
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/World_Health_Organisation:_China_engaging_in_bird_flu_cover_up
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/feb2004/nf2004029_1263_db010.htm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/755525.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/937991.stm

secondly as far as free press or political will is concerned well there is no free press arround the world. Even in the most developed countries like US and others the news we get are first filttered by the state departments.
No thats not entirely true. You have to read more of the American press. Even google and some individual blogs are censored in China.

And cant u see that the war news i means the news we are getting from Iraq or Afghanistan do u think the journalists are allowed to present the true picture NO eveyone knows that so blaming only China for that is not fair.
Journos are free to present true stories, good or bad. There are many bad press from Afghanistan or Iraq or the way it was handled. Bush did not denounce them nor he censored him.

As far as humen rights violations are concerned well Guetmo bay and other such examples are in case almost every country is involved in humen rights violation much more thn China.
People in GB are "supposedly" terrorists caught during the WoT. They dont have any political rights nor do they have any human rights.

And lastly the political will :) even the most democratic countries want democracy of their own intrests in some other countries so do u think it is appropriat to say that they are busy in creating democracy that too by throwing the elected governments? Would it be callled democracy according to the political will of the people.?
People are supposed to elect their rulers. It is not happening in China. CPC elects their rulers, not the common man. So thats supressing free will.

Officer of Engineers said:
Did you study the issue in depth or just follow the sound bites? FLG believes 150% in Chi Gong - Life Force; upto and including ignoring medicine in favour of using Chi to heal all sickness.

What's more, the leader of the cult lives in splendor - on the donations of his followers.

So what? they didnt prioritize western medicine while treating themselves
cause they belived that their own method to be better.china has lots of indeginous medical practices like pranic healing,acupuncture,zen practices etc which have been shown to provide good results and which are still beyond the understanding of western scientists .Who are we or the chinese govt to impose its definitions of correct or incorrect medical treatments on them?. The efficacy of the methods which FLG advocates can be seen in their huge following (numbering in tens of millions and growing)..do u think they are all idiots...?

And it's still a cult even by your definition.
I if u go by my definition then a cult can be any group led by the beliefs of a single individual which could be correct,incorrect,evil,queer...any thing. i never suggested that all cults are innately evil.

Day one since its inception ?...now who is following the sound bites...:wacko: ?
the organised protests started when the govt started an all round clampdown on falungong and started arresting and deporting its leaders.

....In that regard, they are no more different than the Boxers.
FLG is dangerous and I have no qualms for quashing it. Just as British India did to the Thuggee.

boxer rebels?Thugee? you are still drawing parallels to those two with falungong ..to support ur argument..?:stupid: .One is a violent uprising whose rebels wanted to destroy all that is western and killed countless chinese christians and the other is a cult made up of waylaying bandits who practiced ritualized murder on their victims.of course their respective govts(western coalition powers in china and british govt in india) had justification to crush them.Is it the case with falungong which never harmed any one apart from "supposedly" its own followers..?

They may be using passive resistence but it's still resistence against government authourity.......FLG is dangerous and I have no qualms for quashing it

those who protest against govts are "dangerous" and should be "squashed"?.seriously.. are you a commie or what ?... ..ur statements can make u a communist politburo member of china in no time:lol: .

u must be ponished by chinese or u r a man that dont want to china stronger.
look, i just want to say.
we will walk in our own road. and nothing will change of the truth that china will be stronger and stronger.
and we will do our study or work harder and harder.
guys have a good time :)

Scott if your thinking that Pakistani Forces has the same view then your thinking wrong. An advanced military and economic giant, China, is in interest of Pakistan.

well,
i too dont hate chinese people..
my bone of contention is only with "chinese govt".

nifei_scott said:
u must be ponished by chinese or u r a man that dont want to china stronger.

How can India want to China to be stronger :) so do not mind if indians post hatefull comments or thread against China.

And keep going stronger :thumbsup: We will love to see China the strongest.

wow, china is torturing people in a faktitous country, did u even look at a map before making that thread?

but if you are refering to the western provinces of china, I suggest u look at history. If ppl remember, the taliban blew up the biggest buddhaist statue in afghanistan. yes, afghanistan was traditionally chinese, the muslims stole it. but they only managed to push as far as the western provinces, of which that was once hun territory that china cleared from trade war.

Back
Top Bottom