What's new

Current Numbers of the NAVY and the Coast Guard

Neptune

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hey guys, I've been doing a research about our current number of combat ships and the number of active personnel. Due to the recent events in the ME and Medditearian, the Navy and the CG enlarged itself.

TURKISH NAVAL FORCES

tdggr.jpg

88338259421430393942318.jpg

- 14 Submarines (All are Type209. 8 of them are 1400 AIP)
- 27 Frigates&FFGs
- 29 Torpedo Ships
- 78 Minelayers
- 34 SAT-SAS Boat
- 7 Air Support Vessel
- 4 Anti-Submarine Ship,
- 9 Corvettes
- 21 Gunboats
- 62 Landing Crafts
- 11 Major landing Craft (including Personnel Carriers)
- 19 Patrol Boats
- 23 Hunter Boats
- 13 Fuel and Refueling
Tankers (Replenishment)
- 19 Dry Cargo Ship (military
ammunition and food
support)
- 13 Water Tankers
- 7 Rescue Ship
- 9 Trailer
- 8 Network Carrier
- 16 Research Vessels
- 4 Crew Transport Vessels
- 51 Aircraft
- 29 Helicopters
- 72,000 Sailors
- 6,000 Marines

Turk_deniz_kuvvetleri_komando.jpg

9F31RJk.jpg

TURKISH COAST GUARD

1480743.jpg

25ton.jpg

- 141 Vessels (Patrol Boats, FACs, Helicopter carrying boats..etc.)
- 14 Helicopters
- 6 Aircraft
- 13,782 Active Personnel

AS OF 2028, TURKISH NAVY WILL PURCHASE;

- 23 New&Upgraded Frigates
- 10 New Types of submarine
- 14 Corvette
- 3 New Submarine Rescue
Mother Ship
- 2 New Rescue and salvage ship
- 11 New mine-hunting ship
- 4 New sail training ship
- 8 New combat support ship
replenishment at sea
- 4 New MTA seismic research
vessel
- 7 New emergency response
training and diving boots
- 5 New underwater combat
boots to be transferred to special
operations teams 'SAT'
- 6-faced new patrol boats
- 19 new type patrol boats
- 2 New LHD
- 7 New amphibious ship 'LST'
- 9 New Landing Craft Tank 'LCT'

@Neptune leave us alone :fie:. Do not attack us:girl_cray3: you scared me bro, that is a big navy :shout:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neptune leave us alone :fie:. Do not attack us:girl_cray3: you scared me bro, that is a big navy :shout:

lol bro, but the current Active Combatant fleet is about 220-230. The ones I listed are not the Reserve Fleet which we don't have one. They are the Active serving ships. The reason you see a lot ships are, Mostly because, the NAVY keeps half of the fleet in home in case of natural disasters, war, nuclear war.....etc. And many more. And the sad part is most of the Turkey doesn't know that. In case most of the citizens think the Navy is poor and wealthy... :)

lol bro, but the current Active Combatant fleet is about 220-230. The ones I listed are not the Reserve Fleet which we don't have one. They are the Active serving ships. The reason you see a lot ships are, Mostly because, the NAVY keeps half of the fleet in home in case of natural disasters, war, nuclear war.....etc. And many more. And the sad part is most of the Turkey doesn't know that. In case most of the citizens think the Navy is poor and wealthy... :)

i wish one day we will have such big navy :girl_cray3:

Ok now,how can we have 23 subs?
I tought we have 14,could you share what i missed here?

Neptune kardeş, yanlışın var herhalde 14 tane denizaltı var.

@T-123456 and @Yabgu. Thank you fellas. Problem fixed. Btw @Yabgu, In all threads other than the Turkish Food&Culture thread, it's forbidden to use English.

Such a large Navy seems like a waste of resources. It can probably be reduced by 50%, thus saving enormous money, to spend on anti-ship missiles and torpedoes, airforce/helicopters, UAVs, and satellite's. The 50% reduced Navy would still be a very strong force, enough to not only defend Turkey's coasts but also project power in TRNC and protect offshore oil exploration in the Black Sea and Mediterranean Saa.

Instead of wasting so much money on an oversized Navy and very old tanks and other pieces of equipment, Turkey needs to do the above (invest in anti-ship missiles and torpedoes, airforce/helicopters, UAVs, and satellite's), as well as professionalize its Army, as the 30-year war with PKK showed that an army made-up of mostly draftees that barely learn anything in 5 months to 1.5 years, sustain too many casualties (over 6,000 Turkish soldiers and officers died in the war with PKK in 30 years - that's one Turkish soldier/officer dead every two days for the past 30 days. Very sad.

@Neptune, would you like to expand on the details of major combat ships?

Meanwhile the Japanese navy.
941468_538391336197036_1086987658_n.jpg

These are the men who'll kick China'z azz all over the pacific while we're busy with our internal problems.
@gr8vision most of those men died because of poor equipment and poor strategy. I assure you our conscripts especially those who serve in terror-infested areas are very well trained. We stood at defense for too long because of political BS.

This is what happens when the army is in the offence:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Turkish_incursion_into_northern_Iraq
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Steel
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Hammer_(1997)

Such a large Navy seems like a waste of resources. It can probably be reduced by 50%, thus saving enormous money, to spend on anti-ship missiles and torpedoes, airforce/helicopters, UAVs, and satellite's. The 50% reduced Navy would still be a very strong force, enough to not only defend Turkey's coasts but also project power in TRNC and protect offshore oil exploration in the Black Sea and Mediterranean Saa.

Instead of wasting so much money on an oversized Navy and very old tanks and other pieces of equipment, Turkey needs to do the above (invest in anti-ship missiles and torpedoes, airforce/helicopters, UAVs, and satellite's), as well as professionalize its Army, as the 30-year war with PKK showed that an army made-up of mostly draftees that barely learn anything in 5 months to 1.5 years, sustain too many casualties (over 6,000 Turkish soldiers and officers died in the war with PKK in 30 years - that's one Turkish soldier/officer dead every two days for the past 30 days. Very sad.

You should take a look to Greek Navy to better apprehend the matter. There are still unsolved problems on Aegean among Greece and Turkiye.

I personally think we have very wrong planning in the Turkish Armed Forces based on old mentality commanders and very far from Ataturk's ideas. Lets see what Ataturk said - You will see my children, in the future everything will be done from the sky. All wars and civilizations will be in the skies above. That's why we must give great importance to the air force. The future is in the sky.

Now when we look at all our Chief of Staffs they are from the Land forces,our AirForce isnt given much attention too, we only have F-16s which are not too capable in air to air as they are multi-role.Look at our navy we dont even have any air defence frigates currently instead we spend money on MEKO frigates which have ESSM as air defence which are floating ducks against enemy aircraft with its very short range.We still operate junk M60 tanks.

If we could have had a force broadly looking like this by 2023

6 Air Defence Destroyers with SM3 and different missiles such as SOM if it could be integrated
6 Light Air defence frigates
8 MEKO and Gabya (only the most modernised ones) upgraded with decent air defence

12 Milgem Corvette with more missiles onboard

80 Patrol boats and FAC
15 Submarines

1000 Altay
350 Leo
170 Upgraded M60

Air defence - Consisting of naval based SM3 ,Long range (s300,patriot,HQ9,Aster) Medium range , Short range

Air force - 240 F-16 , 110 F-35 , 150 Twin engine air superiority
Heli- 90 ATAK , 20 SuperCobra
UAV- 30 ANKA , 10 Heron , 40 Vestel
Missiles - SOM ( maybe 1000+km version) , Ballistic missile 2000km+ etc
Our Armed forces should look like this at worst in 2023

We could easily achieve this. Scrap 800 M60 Tank, old corvettes , reduce force to less than 350,000 , scrap F-4, Scrap BMP. By cutting costs of maintanence of these things it could open up funds too.

Here you go. Those are the specs of major surface combatants:

PDF.png

Neptune the air defence capabilities of the MEKO and other ships are very bad, short range missiles which can be easily destroyed by enemy aircraft so they are useless except against enemy ships.

Back
Top Bottom