What's new

Cryogenic rocket engine : India

A good read but assuming that SC460 n SC800 would be much better engines in comparision i doubt we would use the same structure.

Besides i think we r atleast 1.5-2 decades away from such a powerful rocket so i believe a lot can change.

Plus with Russia coming back in space race(a possible future space JV could be on the table ;) ) n ISRO is collaborationg more n more with NASA so these developments might also have some impact on our future rocket structures n engine developments...:)

Just a minor correction, SC460 and SC800 are stages (like L110) that will be using the underdevelopment 2000 kn semi-cryo engine/s. RLV-TSTO will be using SC420 stage with probably 3 2000 kn semi cryo engines. ISRO will only think about lunar rocket once it completes development of semi-cryo engine, ULV and RLV-TSTO. ISRO has just started feasibility study on ULV design that will evolve around the cryo, semi-cryo and multiple solid booster engine types and will take 3-4 years to complete.

Just a minor correction, SC460 and SC800 are stages (like L110) that will be using the underdevelopment 2000 kn semi-cryo engine/s. RLV-TSTO will be using SC420 stage with probably 3 2000 kn semi cryo engines. ISRO will only think about lunar rocket once it completes development of semi-cryo engine, ULV and RLV-TSTO. ISRO has just started feasibility study on ULV design that will evolve around the cryo, semi-cryo and multiple solid booster engine types and will take 3-4 years to complete.

Thanx for the clarification, its always a pleasure to listen to such knowledgeable members like urself...:agree:

Btw r u in ISRO by any chance:D

@S-DUCT i hope it clears ur confusion too about SC200 engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for the clarification, its always a pleasure to listen to such knowledgeable members like urself...:agree:

Btw r u in ISRO by any chance:D

@S-DUCT i hope it clears ur confusion too about SC200 engine.

Thanks man!! but I am also a space enthusiast like you who enjoys such enriching discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom