What's new

Cracks seen in the flyover pillar

Before you put him in jail it is necessary that the govt authorities learn the values of adopting AASHTO and ACI standards design and construct. The engineers working in private companies are supposed to follow these rules, and the rules are set by the govt authorities.

Our people follow the rule of the thumbs. উপরে আল্লায় আছেনা, কোনো ভুলত্রুটি হইলে সে একটা ব্যবস্থা কইরা দিবো। চিন্তার কোনো কারণ তো দেখিনা।

Bloody, peasant society!!

Sad situation. :lol:

Ok ok . India exports cement too though domestic demand is ever increasing. By the way we are second largest cement producers.
Search bestway cement ,fecto cement,askari and fauji cement. All the export quality hence no doubt on quality.
Yea you largely consume it domestically so no need to apply high standards which comes with export.

Search bestway cement ,fecto cement,askari and fauji cement. All the export quality hence no doubt on quality.
Yea you largely consume it domestically so no need to apply high standards which comes with export.

In Bharat, everyone looking for cheap stuff first - quality be damned.

Even in the case of cement, which you use once every hundred or more years to build an "Imarat".

I've been to India.

Their ongoing cost-cutting habits there amazed and amused me to no end...

I've been to India.

Their ongoing cost-cutting habits there amazed and amused me to no end...
India seems to be similar to BD with no design/ construction standards/ rules set by the Delhi govt. States and below them the local govt offices go "His his, whose whose ways". Contractors do as they like.

We live after all in South Asia without proper education, discipline, and standardization.

However, you will be surprised to know one Indian company named "Dastur Engineering Consultants" (?) was a consultant in a huge Libyan Misurata Steel Mills construction project. It was appointed by the parent govt company, EBISCO.

I still hold dear the design and construction specifications for civil and architecture that Dastur compiled for this project. Not only Kobe Steel from Japan, but also a big German steel company, and an Italian company was also doing construction works there (separate sites). It was a heavily funded big project of Gaddafi.

I worked on this project for Kobe Steel for more than 13 months. After my experience with Dastur, I will not generalize Indian engineers as bad.

India seems to be similar to BD with no design/ construction standards/ rules set by the Delhi govt. States and below them the local govt offices go "His his, whose whose ways". Contractors do as they like.

We live after all in South Asia without proper education, discipline, and standardization.

However, you will be surprised to know one Indian company named "Dastur Engineering Consultants" (?) was a consultant in a huge Libyan Misurata Steel Mills construction project. It was appointed by the parent govt company, EBISCO.

I still hold dear the design and construction specifications for civil and architecture that Dastur compiled for this project. Not only Kobe Steel from Japan, but also a big German steel company, and an Italian company was also doing construction works there (separate sites). It was a heavily funded big project of Gaddafi.

I worked on this project for Kobe Steel for more than 13 months. After my experience with Dastur, I will not generalize Indian engineers as bad.

Does this answer your lifelong question why Bangladeshi firms are not given big construction contracts? Even Max group, one of Bd's rated companies managed to bodge this.

The reason most Asian govts give contracts to outside firms is -

because they have international standards,

because they have an international reputation to protect which makes them accountable,

And because they are somewhat independent, there is less chance of local graft or corruption.

A time will come when a Bangladeshi company can be relied on to build world class infrastructure - but until then don't complain if they are kept at arms length.

Does this answer your lifelong question why Bangladeshi firms are not given big construction contracts? Even Max group, one of Bd's rated companies managed to bodge this.

The reason most Asian govts give contracts to outside firms is -

because they have international standards,

because they have an international reputation to protect which makes them accountable,

And because they are somewhat independent, there is less chance of local graft or corruption.

A time will come when a Bangladeshi company can be relied on to build world class infrastructure - but until then don't complain if they are kept at arms length.
You are just a little potato who knows nothing or understands what I have said in my post. Design or construction standards are something not your forte. Keep on learning for your entire life to know about the Standards like AASHTO, ASTM, ACI, ASCE, DIN, NF, BS codes, JIS, JAS, etc.

Perhaps these words in Capital Letters bear no meaning for you.

Last edited:
You are just a little potato who knows nothing or understands what I have said in my post. Design or construction standards are something not your forte. Keep on learning for your entire life to know about the Standards like AASHTO, ASTM, ACI, ASCE, DIN, NF, BS codes, JIS, JAS, etc.

Perhaps these words in Capital Letters bear no meaning for you.

Did you forget these letters when you went on a rant about local firms not getting massive projects?

Keep those little letters in your brain for next time.

Did you forget these letters when you went on a rant about local firms not getting massive projects?

Keep those little letters in your brain for next time.
So, you have not understood the letters. If not, why are you here to talk? Just keep quiet or learn the meaning of those words and come to talk.

You just don't know the basics of the Standards. Are not you ashamed to do further talking?

So, you have not understood the letters. If not, why are you here to talk? Just keep quiet or learn the meaning of those words and come to talk.

You just don't know the basics of the Standards. Are not you ashamed to do further talking?

Yes you're the only genius who seems to understand this it seems:

Cement, materials standards exist in BD for decades FYI.

The problem is not these paper standards, its whether its possible to oversee every meter of construction so that no corners are cut. That is impossible to do, so you have to work on trust and accountability - both of which are stronger with international firms.

My question is if you're so concerned about standards, why did you spend dozens of posts ranting about BD firms not doing the big projects.

You've shown that you will take any position that disagrees with your party alliances.

Dada economic times has a paywall - copy and paste, we can't read this. And I don't know why slag export would be a matter of nationalist "pride"....we can import slag from any country that has a large steel industry. Just happens that the slag produced in India is easier and closer to truck in (and probably cheaper to boot).

Not all Indian Engineers are gadhas. Though the number of 'fake talents' have grown considerably of late. The Sanghi propensity for shortcuts/lies is universal. That will never go away.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom