What's new

CPEC - stalled and lost momentum?

Its stupid to think that CPEC has stalled. It did slow down due to massive current account deficit. But its picking up the pace fast.

These projects take decades. I am more than happy and satisfied with CPEC's pace. The fact that over $20Billion US dollars are spent without any corruption speaks volume.

You make it sound like Sri Lanka does not have any ports. They already have one - Colombo. There is no need for Hambantota. It is another ploy for Chinese companies to make money along with corrupted Sri Lankan politicians

China has never pulled any country out of poverty. The ones tied closely to China are North Korea and Myanmar.

The basic problem is no one has gotten rich selling finished products to China. It is one way street. You might supply a few raw materials

Unless Pakistan can repay those loans China is making no money off CPEC

Most of CPEC project contracts are to Chinese companies. There are no schools and hospitals in CPECs. It is hard for Chinese companies to make money

USA was a world class industrial power before FDR's New Deal. The New Deal was redistribution of wealth to the working class

All of which you have 0 evidence for............ :lol:

Its stupid to think that CPEC has stalled. It did slow down due to massive current account deficit. But its picking up the pace fast.

These projects take decades. I am more than happy and satisfied with CPEC's pace. The fact that over $20Billion US dollars are spent without any corruption speaks volume.

Says who? India is about to open the biggest industrial zone in the world supported with the biggest frieght corridoor in the world and the whole thing took about 8 years. Surely you're not suggesting CEPC is anywhere close to that project in scale or scope?

Says who? India is about to open the biggest industrial zone in the world supported with the biggest frieght corridoor in the world and the whole thing took about 8 years. Surely you're not suggesting CEPC is anywhere close to that project in scale or scope?

By the sounds of things CPEC is much bigger. The way you described it, you've built a port and called it an industrial zone.

What are the specifics of this project? The scale of CPEC can be seen here - http://cpec.gov.pk/
----------------------

A few relevant bits of news...

Last edited:
You make it sound like Sri Lanka does not have any ports. They already have one - Colombo. There is no need for Hambantota. It is another ploy for Chinese companies to make money along with corrupted Sri Lankan politicians

China has never pulled any country out of poverty. The ones tied closely to China are North Korea and Myanmar.

The basic problem is no one has gotten rich selling finished products to China. It is one way street. You might supply a few raw materials

Unless Pakistan can repay those loans China is making no money off CPEC

Most of CPEC project contracts are to Chinese companies. There are no schools and hospitals in CPECs. It is hard for Chinese companies to make money

USA was a world class industrial power before FDR's New Deal. The New Deal was redistribution of wealth to the working class

Sri Lanka has four port projets.

They need the port.

Indian political class is corrupt.

China is not in the job of pulling countries out of poverty. It does trade.

Japan is the fourth largest trade partner. ASEAN is the first.

Japanese do get rich by selling lots of stuff. They even enjoy trade surplus.

General Motors get rich, too.

CPEC projects are multi-financed.

The New Deal built the infrastructure for the next 60 years in the US.

Only India grows without infrastructure.

By the sounds of things CPEC is much bigger. The way you described it, you've built a port and called it an industrial zone.

What are the specifics of this project? The scale of CPEC can be seen here - http://cpec.gov.pk/
----------------------

A few relevant bits of news...

It's the biggest industrial zone in the world, it's 1000s of KMs long, we built an entirely new freight coridoor so that only industrial goods are moved and last week we just tested the longest double stacked electric frieght train the world. The scale is much bigger than CPEC.

This was the goods train test done barely a few weeks ago. We are opening it in 2 months. I will open a separate thread.

It's the biggest industrial zone in the world, it's 1000s of KMs long, we built an entirely new freight coridoor so that only industrial goods are moved and last week we just tested the longest double stacked electric frieght train the world. The scale is much bigger than CPEC.

This was the goods train test done barely a few weeks ago. We are opening it in 2 months. I will open a separate thread.

Is there ANY evidence to support and confirm your above claims?

Is there ANY evidence to support and confirm your above claims?

'ANY EVIDENCE' to support the claim that....the biggest Industrial zone in the world with the biggest freight coridoor in the world is about to open in India in the next two months....I'm gonna say- probably yes. Kinda like...is the blue what the biggest species on the planet...I'd say...probably yes.

'ANY EVIDENCE' to support the claim that....the biggest Industrial zone in the world with the biggest freight coridoor in the world is about to open in India in the next two months....I'm gonna say- probably yes. Kinda like...is the blue what the biggest species on the planet...I'd say...probably yes.

Just making claims and saying things don't make them true. Can you post a link to some credible evidence that confirms that it will be the biggest industrial zone in the world?

Just FACTS. No meaningless conjectures or hot air.

Just making claims and saying things don't make them true. Can you post a link to some credible evidence that confirms that it will be the biggest industrial zone in the world?

Just FACTS. No meaningless conjectures or hot air.

It seems to have hit you real hard in some way. One would have thought Pak guys knew about it already.

It seems to have hit you real hard in some way. One would have thought Pak guys knew about it already.

Again, you are deviating from the facts and backtracking. Which means there is NO evidence or facts to back up your initial claims........ :disagree:

Pakistan will take a lot of India's current business they have with Western companies, wait and see.

Once Pakistan has all its ducks in order, our competitive advantage will grow exponentially.

Costs per units manufactured in Pakistan (production, storage and transportation), will see considerable reductions for all focal companies including all their tiered suppliers within Pakistan's supply chains. - making Pakistani good far more competitively priced. It will be difficult for customers not to buy from Pakistan.

it's already stalled. basically finished. there is so much corruption. nobody wants to invest in pakistan. as i said earlier, civil war is reality. this government is so terrible that you can't even imagine. ministers are only making money.

Can you provide a link detailing the scope of the project?

I'm not going to take your word for it. I like to independently verify information that comes from Indians or India.

Back
Top Bottom