What's new

CPEC set to attract $150b investment in Pakistan

I wanted to wish you to grow like India but then I thought you wont like it being compared with us so I said Bangladesh. And whats wrong with BD that you feel insulted being compared with them? Don't you know that their growth rate in last 5 years has been consistently over 6%. Pakistan's highest growth rate (5.54) in last 10 years was less than Bangladesh's lowest growth rate. Their export growth and forex reserves have been phenomenal for BD. If someone wishes India to grow her GDP like Papua New Guinea or Ethiopia, we would be very thankful for the kind wishes. Being 6th most populous country with an economy at number 26 is not a great statistics.
As regards to our joining CPEC, India is open for any kind of economic cooperation by keeping differences aside. When we were considered as Soviet ally, we did lots of business with NATO nations and now when we are called US ally, we are doing lots of business with China, When it comes to the future of our children, we are ready to keep aside political differences.
Regarding bangladesh read post#44

Regarding joining CPEC read post#26 onwards with parikrama and see where discussion is going......Thats why i said go through this thread first then post yr reply. BTW yr country isnt open abt joining CPEC thats what im demanding here......So go through this thread and u would know.

Last edited:
Regarding bangladesh read post#44

Regarding joining CPEC read post#26 onwards with parikrama and see where discussion is going......Thats why i said go through this thread first then post yr reply. BTW yr country isnt open abt joining CPEC thats what im demanding here......So through this thread and u would know.
We have no issues if CPEC passes thru an undisputed territory. Let CPEC pass through Afghanistan, Kazakhistan and not thru Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, I am sure Indian govt. will join it and invest in it heavily. Alternatively would you like to route the CPEC via Jammu, Srinagar, Leh?? Hope you understand what our protest is about.

Once again you are wrong. Look up current Pakistani trade with India.
Off the top of my head - Pakistani companies are more competitive than Indian ones in Cement, Textiles and Chemical sectors. These companies are already exporting well to India despite the lack of a favourable treaty and shoddy treatment they get in India due to lack of an enabling environment.

That alone shows how competitive they are.

This is just an example.

If you underestimate or are unaware of your countries entrepreneurs then I have no solution for you. Imagine if these companies also had the support of a trade agreement. They would be unstoppable.

Yes, this cannot be changed. It shall remain like this.

No, you need to read up
http://country-facts.findthedata.com/compare/136-182/Bangladesh-vs-Pakistan

And this is old data. Bangladesh has already surpassed Pakistan in social indicators of Health, Literacy, Family Planning, Life Expectancy among others indicators. All this despite them being much behind Pakistan in 1971.

And Their economic growth rate is above Pakistan.

Please look up various stats by world bank and world health organization.
The day these statistics change, I will say that as well. For now, these are the stats.

lol.
It doesn't matter. The world becomes a better place with more knowledge.

We hate india why would we trade with you?

We have no issues if CPEC passes thru an undisputed territory. Let CPEC pass through Afghanistan, Kazakhistan and not thru Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, I am sure Indian govt. will join it and invest in it heavily. Alternatively would you like to route the CPEC via Jammu, Srinagar, Leh?? Hope you understand what our protest is about.

Only indian occupied Kashmir is disputed

Pakistani kashmir is,a muslim majority state part of Pakistan

Indian occupied Kashmir is a muslim majority state occupied by hindus

I don't know. But Pakistan is already trading with us.

You're not that well informed are you :lol:

Not really our trade volumes are pitiful

We don't even allow india to trade through us to Afghanistan or CA

Not really our trade volumes are pitiful

We don't even allow india to trade through us to Afghanistan or CA
Well, you were the one who said why should Pakistan trade with India.

And they do trade with India - worth billions of dollars. You really must ask the real Pakistanis why they do so. :lol:

Well, you were the one who said why should Pakistan trade with India.

And they do trade with India - worth billions of dollars. You really must ask the real Pakistanis why they do so. :lol:

Our trade volumes are pitiful considering we are 1.5 billion people

All because of indian occupation of Kashmir

Pakistan is a 200 million market a nation on the cusp of economic revolution, the worlds companies will clamour to do business simply because Pakistan is underdeveloped and needs everything

India will be frozen out and will lose a enormous market on its door step

As Pakistan grows it means mo money, and mo money means mo weapons and they will be pointed at you

Just to go on from the other thread where we were talking about the consequences of your kashmir occupation

:hitwall: how old r u kid?

Our trade volumes are pitiful considering we are 1.5 billion people

All because of indian occupation of Kashmir

Pakistan is a 200 million market a nation on the cusp of economic revolution, the worlds companies will clamour to do business simply because Pakistan is underdeveloped and needs everything

India will be frozen out and will lose a enormous market on its door step

As Pakistan grows it means mo money, and mo money means mo weapons and they will be pointed at you

Just to go on from the other thread where we were talking about the consequences of your kashmir occupation
All your boasting would have made sense if you were talking to an Afghan (maybe). It doesn't make sense for you to be saying these things to me - an Indian.

Our market is much larger than yours, our growth rates are also much more than yours. All the worlds companies are trying to enter India now and by every indication or statistic available to mankind, India will be the third or fourth largest economy in the world in a couple of decades.

An analogy would be like a Cuban trying to boast of Cuba's economic potential (note - not performance, just unrealistic potential) to US.

All that means ''mo money, and mo money means mo weapons and they will be pointed at you". What do you know, you turned out to be right on this one.

But all this talk - actual forecasts on my end, and wishful thinking on yours - detracts from the real issue.

Why are the real Pakistanis trading with India. That too in multiple billions of dollars.
And why is it increasing!

Whether pitiful or not...After all even one dollar should be too much. Should you not be talking about this to the real Pakistanis then instead of talking to an Indian.

After, they are the ones who decide what happens in Pakistan, not the likes of you. :)

I have gone through all the posts and not one Pakistani member has asked whether it's $150B worth of 'investment' from China or $150B of 'loans'. There's a pretty big difference.

All your boasting would have made sense if you were talking to an Afghan (maybe). It doesn't make sense for you to be saying these things to me - an Indian.

Our market is much larger than yours, our growth rates are also much more than yours. All the worlds companies are trying to enter India now and by every indication or statistic available to mankind, India will be the third or fourth largest economy in the world in a couple of decades.

An analogy would be like a Cuban trying to boast of Cuba's economic potential (note - not performance, just unrealistic potential) to US.

All that means ''mo money, and mo money means mo weapons and they will be pointed at you". What do you know, you turned out to be right on this one.

But all this talk - actual forecasts on my end, and wishful thinking on yours - detracts from the real issue.

Why are the real Pakistanis trading with India. That too in multiple billions of dollars.

Whether pitiful or not...After all even one dollar should be too much. Should you not be talking about this to the real Pakistanis then instead of talking to an Indian.

After, they are the ones who decide what happens in Pakistan, not the likes of you. :)

On the contrary the fact that it is pitiful reflects the hostility that exists

Business men will want to make a profit and will sell their souls to the devil let alone to make a quick buck with India

So some trade is no surprise but to suggest that is comparable to normal trade relations between states is laughable

Our trade os seriously curtailed and barebones at best a continuation of our hostility over Kashmir

Long may hostilities continue

Dude, you and your awful smelly india are literally the largest open air shithole of the world with majority of indians lacking basic toilets and sh!tting in open---and you give examples and relate yourself to be "U.S" and Pakistan, a nuclear state, with "cuba" :lol:

Way to soothe your soul but reality doesn't change. india is a sh!thole that is a conquered, defeated, destroyed land with your "actual" india being divided into four parts by superior Muslims---and three out of these four parts are now directly ruled by us.

But hey, you are "U.S" facing "cuba"...:omghaha:

Dude, you and your awful smelly india are literally the largest open air shithole of the world with majority of indians lacking basic toilets and sh!tting in open---and you give examples and relate yourself to be "U.S" and Pakistan, a nuclear state, with "cuba" :lol:

Way to soothe your soul but reality doesn't change. india is a sh!thole that is a conquered, defeated, destroyed land with your "actual" india being divided into four parts by superior Muslims---and three out of these four parts are now directly ruled by us.

But hey, you are "U.S" facing "cuba"...:omghaha:

@waz @WAJsal

You can protest all you want--nobody cares because you are an irrelevant nobody.

CPEC will continue and pass through our territory of Gilgit-Baltistan--and China, Arabs, Turks, Central Asians, and even Iranians have openly showed interest in investing in our projects despite punny india's "protest" :lol:

So you can keep doing your cute cute 'protests' and we'll keep building infrastructure, roads, dams, energy projects, and so on everywhere in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom