What's new

CPEC Authority to undertake more projects in Faisalabad: Bajwa

If you have visited Faisalabad in past 3 months you would be saying this too. In Imran Khan’s government most of the cities got some type of package for their population whereas Faisalabad who is the 3rd largest city is Pakistan got nothing. Most of our main road are in such a state where trucks or transport vehicles cannot use that road. No rainwater drainage system. I as a citizen of Faisalabad can say that I am disappointed by CM Buzdar.
Welcome to what Karachi has felt for the last few decades. Imagine going from the Paris of the East to having a sewage system worse than it was in 3000BC.

I am more interested in traffic or trade volume generated in relations to tarmac laid and cost of it.

Ask Hafez Sheikh how much tax per km is CPEC generating

To be honest bro, Road infra is actually a small % of total CPEC. Infact Gawadar port also accounts for a very small % of financing. These road projects look good but unless it is backed by industrial development they will never reach their true potential, given what was done in power sector even our own industries are not willing to use the electricity under CPEC as it renders them uncompetitive, let alone chinese companies setting up manufacturing in Pakistan.

Overwhelming majority of financing under CPEC are power projects which is actually not China state loans or concessionary loans rather commercial loans under CPEC. You ask about revenue generation, poor planning and highly compromised one sided agreements have made them a burden. ( The blame does not actually lie with the Chinese but with our government at that time, I will give an example, sahiwal coal power project, even the Chinese showed strong reservation against it their own assessment, the net they presented was it will never reach more than 35% utilization. Not to mention the transport cost of over 1000km of coal from Karachi to Sahiwal).

Last edited:
Faisalabad got more than PKR 450 Billion just for textile sector. Listen HERE after 3:17 mark directly from the industrialists of Faisalabad themselves.

Another journalist recently toured the Faisalabad industrial zone and reported on the large industrial incentive package and its RESULTS .

I am not sure if you are aware that production of local LED bulbs started in Faisalabad in 2020. You can see HERE for yourself.

..... and all this is separate from CPEC's industrial zone.

But brothers, lest not forget mandatory slam ....... Imran Khan's government is total failure :rofl:
Anything for common citizen like me? None. If you see the quality and condition of these industry I don’t think you well ever use those products made there. Look Karachi is an industrial hub so is Faisalabad but Karachi at least have some development projects for common citizen going on. Faisalabad is full of corrupt organisations which were filled by previous government. I am not a supporter of patwaris but I am seriously disappointed by the condition of my city. Pakistan 3rd largest city, An industrial hub, biggest textile industry of Pakistan and still its citizen have no basic amenities.
Welcome to what Karachi has felt for the last few decades. Imagine going from the Paris of the East to having a sewage system worse than it was in 3000BC.
I don’t want Faisalabad to become another gand mahallah but lack of attention from government may force it to.

Soon enough your family will have a 1m (10 lakh) annual health card. Will that be something at least?
I actually applied for it but sadly my family is not getting it. Did all the forms but never received anything.

Pakistan is very fortunate enough to bring industrialization at this point in time ... not only the world is at crossroads again but nature of industry is changing. There is much room for deliberation and reflection... there are ample studies and papers on existing processes. I, for one, am not in favor of huge single estates but a sum of small independent manufacturers and builders nor do I favor making people surfs at mega plants just as source of brainless labor doing repetitive work but deliberate work paced along with demand without conditioning and patronage. The benefits reach the core economy and people, the ecosystem protects against big shocks besides providing room for gradual improvement and learning of systems in their essence.
Pakistan must devise a plan for major industrial towns and cities and likewise for cultural and knowledge hubs. There is just so much there that can be done, if tendered correctly.

I actually applied for it but sadly my family is not getting it. Did all the forms but never received anything.

Everyone in Punjab will get it, just as everyone in KPK now has. Plan is for all Punjab rollout by end of the term.

Nice counterargument as always, I didn’t make this guy head of CPEC authority, your idol Immy did.

He is below average, and below average build political connections while in service and after retirement cash those connections.

Nice counterargument as always, I didn’t make this guy head of CPEC authority, your idol Immy did.
What is your credibility that you are questioning someone else's? What proof you have that he amassed undue wealth? A fake article on an Indian tabloid? Do not overestimate your importance.

The reason I said 'Rich coming from a Noon league supporter' is because it is ok for you lot to accept Nawaz Sharif as a god even though he looted and plundered, while refusing to accept how he raped the country, but you same lot turn around and believe any garbage fake news of alleged corruption by IK, his ministers or anyone in the government.

Proper munafiqeen.

I'm glad pathetic folks like you are no longer moderators. Imagine how many PTI supporters you would have banned just because they showed you the mirror of your lord and savior Nawaz Sharif.

What is your credibility that you are questioning someone else's?

I’m basing my assessment of his credibility on the basis of allegations against him and his family, and the as yet lack of investigation against him. Is he proven to be corrupt, absolutely not, but is there enough to warrant investigation? Sure. And is there enough there to for a government that harps on about corruption to concern itself on the man they appointed? Absolutely yes, but Immmy cowered.

What proof you have that he amassed undue wealth? A fake article on an Indian tabloid?

I have none, I’m neither an investigator nor an investigative journalist. But Ahmed Noorani is, and he’s already published evidence that raises questions, even he doesn’t allege corruption, only raises questions. Your understanding is hindering you once again.

As for calling it an Indian tabloid, that’s a counter allegation that requires a weight of evidence of its own. You’re welcome to actually try and make the case, I don’t think you’d be up to the task though.

Do not overestimate your importance.

The reason I said 'Rich coming from a Noon league supporter' is because it is ok for you lot to accept Nawaz Sharif as a god even though he looted and plundered, while refusing to accept how he raped the country, but you same lot turn around and believe any garbage fake news of alleged corruption by IK, his ministers or anyone in the government.

Proper munafiqeen.

I'm glad pathetic folks like you are no longer moderators. Imagine how many PTI supporters you would have banned just because they showed you the mirror of your lord and savior Nawaz Sharif.

You need to calm down, you get triggered too easily.

Whatever insults and personal attacks you post brother, I won’t respond in kind as far as I can manage. :)

He was commander in Peshawar when APS happened. He could be seen clueless. This was gross negligence but he got rewarded instead, and landed at one of the most lucrative position in army!
Unless you have political connections and trust of political elite, you can't land on multi million $ printing post.

How the payments are made, it's no secret, UK/US will give visa to your in-laws, and they will open accounts and those accounts would start swelling, without any record of salary payments.

On Pakistan side, complicit regime would cover up, while lifafa jurnos. would continue acting dumb and assume that unjustified US/UK visas, later converted into green card were business as usual, while $ is hanging low on trees in UK /US and there's absolutely no way to trace the source of income of an individual living luxuriously in UK and US.

Pakistan is no more a sovereign state. It's blackhole where $ billions land monthly, in shape of loans from international lending banks and agencies, foreign /local aid, remittances from gulf etc..... but than all disappear into thin air, without generating a value worth penny, which if not evidence, but is a strong hint of what ruling elite is made up of.
Any one who question sanity in what's going around and point at THE mafia and it's operations, face victimization, police case, and eventually target killed.

Jobs, appointments, transfers, extensions, reinstatements, salary packages, protocols, official passports, UK/US visa, party tickets, even sacking of non compliant bureaucrats and early retirements... all are tools of making money.

Sooner the people paying taxes would realize, sooner they would be able to spot the mafias around.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom