What's new

COUNTRY WITH 1.2 BILLION PEOPLE WILDLY CELEBRATES 2 LOSING MEDALS. HOW EMBARRASSING IS THAT?

India should be proud of their athletes. It's about the spirit and good soportsmanship, not the medal tally. Congrats to India for winning two medals.

India should be ashamed of this appealing performance. The sooner India acknowledge that there is a problem, the better. Otherwise India will still be wondering in their own fantasies of being world number one.

Muslim World...as a whole...as won 318 Olympics medals in last 5 Olympics (including 76 Gold).

While Pakistan's performance is similar to india's pretty much.

Moral of the story: Our part of the world isn't very athletic and we just focus too much on cricket :lol:

Pakistan hasn't won a single medal in the last 25 years. Dont compare yourself with Indian in the recent Olympics at least.

119 Indian athletes qualified this year and 0 did from Pakistan.

India performed much better than Pakistan for 25 years.

Two words for Piers- Soccer and Cricket. Two games his country invented :lol:

Epic trolling.. :lol:

Gosh Indians are such easy pray.. :pop:

Too ashamed to wear for real flags Lankan ?:lol:

At least people want to make Indians prey. Nobody even cares about making Lankans anything. You are that insignificant.

India should be ashamed of this appealing performance. The sooner India acknowledge that there is a problem, the better. Otherwise India will still be wondering in their own fantasies of being world number one.

We acknowledge the problem, but celebrating those who did well should not cause any burns to anyone. These two athletes came from a system from where ending up in the top world 3 is a great achievement.

We acknowledge the problem, but celebrating those who did well should not cause any burns to anyone. These two athletes came from a system from where ending up in the top world 3 is a great achievement.

Anyone can see that India has not acknowledge that there is a problem except for the Indians with big egos. Keep celebrating the appealing performances like these in competitive sports. It will keep India in the trash permanently.

Anyone can see that India has not acknowledge that there is a problem except for the Indians with big egos. Keep celebrating the appealing performances like these in competitive sports. It will keep India in the trash permanently.

You can choose to believe what you want but there has been a lot of introspection in India about this performance, this is coming from an Indian. We will celebrate those Olympians who won medals coz they deserve it. You can hate all you want but we will.

In the meantime you should focus on why no one from Lanka even made it past the qualifying rounds.

http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=2016/08/25/sports/91305

Yet another Olympic Games has ended, shattering Sri Lanka’s hopes of another dream medal in Rio 2016 Games. Will Sri Lanka be able to win an Olympic medal after 20 years is left to be seen in Tokyo 2020.

Sri Lanka has won only two medals in the 120-year-old history of the Olympic Games.

Sri Lanka’s nine Olympians to Rio Games could not make a big impact and failed go beyond the qualifying round.

If we all tried to sort out our own shit rather than each other's, this region would be far better off.

Though the guy was badly trolled but he still has a point

What point?

Britishers have won 29 medals by blatant daylight doping.

They are using Delta-G ,a Ketone based sports drink. It is ultra-expensive and not available in market. And this is something which has come into public view ,a tip of an iceberg, due to claims of its manufacturer. There is a whole industry of designer drugs to enhance performance.

ΔG® is the first in a new group of nutraceutical food products with the exciting potential to enhance physical performance and help muscle recovery. Operating at cellular level within the body, ΔG® is a proprietary ketone esterthat breaks down slowly in the body to provide sustained energy release over several hours.

http://www.tdeltas.com/site/how_it_works999.html

A drink developed for soldiers to generate energy from ketones rather than carbs or fat allowed highly trained cyclists to add up to 400 meters of distance to their workouts, an Oxford-led study has reported in journal Cell Metabolism. The supplement, which will be commercially available within the year, works by temporarily switching the primary source of cellular energy from glucose or fat to ketones - molecules derived from fat that are known to be elevated in people consuming a low-carb, Atkins-like, diet.

http://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2016-07-29...tive-cyclists-boost-altering-their-metabolism

Hawley says that autonomous studies are required, however says he has heard episodic reports from continuance competitors who trust the ketone drink enhances their execution under specific conditions. "Toward the day's end, a few competitors have said they feel a smidgen better on this, and that conveys some weight," he says.The beverage won't be financially accessible until the end of the year, yet Clarke's exploration bunch has given ∆G to more than 300 top competitors. Particular groups can't be named because of sponsorship concurrences with other supplement suppliers, however they have reported positive results and no unfavorable reactions, Clarke says.

http://rtsnewssport.blogspot.in/2016/07/legal-ketone-sports-supplement-pushes.html

Kieran Clarke created DeltaG in Oxford GB. Now let's have a look of the tremendous upride of the British athlets

1956 - 2000 - an everage 5 medals per Olympic

Then -

Athens 2008 - 9 gold medals

Beijing 2012 - 19 gold medals

Rio 2016 - 29 gold medals

And this is just tip of an iceberg. The whole Olympic program ,since days of cold war, has run on performance enhancing drugs. In Soviet era, it was about fooling inspectors using politics and unreliable testing methods

What some Indians do not understand ,mostly due to inferiority complex, is that Olympic medals ;in track and field, swimming, and weight lifting; are a testament of strength of one's medical/doping industry, not of participant's ability. It was blatantly observable in USA, GDR ,and USSR athletes during cold war, and is visible today.

The gig is simple. Doping is considered doping only if you dope with chemicals that are on WADA list. It does not prohibit use of designer drugs as long as they do not make it to WADA list. This has given rise to a doping industry in USA and Europe which churns out designer drugs to be used until they are detected by WADA. When detected, rinse and repeat.

This year whole of Russian Track and Field team has been banned for doping. This was a clear cut political decision by WADA as the substance for which they were banned (Meldonium) became illegal only on 01.01.2016 and WADA knew that Russians were using this performance enhancing drug and it would be present in their system at the time of testing (the very reason for ban) thus leaving them susceptible to ban. One could even argue that Meldonium was brough under fold of doping only because Russians were using it (Asprin would have been banned if it only Russians were using it) and butthurt westerners (as they could not do anything against Putin) took their frustration out on Russians athlete (even though their own athletes were using designer drugs).

I don't think any poster in this thread (or anyone who replied to this troll on twitter) was following this NEWS. It has led to washing of a lot of dirty laundry in public.

When people act out as sanctimonious kunts like this troll, I wonder whether they think that everyone lives in a swamp or under a rock.

One of the very big reason why poor countries do not get medals is because they do not have money for designer dope (apart from not having money for coaches and facilities).

BTW Is this twitter war still going on?

Last edited:
Too ashamed to wear for real flags Lankan ?:lol:

At least people want to make Indians prey. Nobody even cares about making Lankans anything. You are that insignificant.

Case in point.. Piers knows it doesn't take much to get Indian to get their panties all twisted and wet.. Delusions shattered, Reality shown, Easy Prey.. :rofl:

How many medals did Ceylon win?:lol:
For being egoist, even besides sports, we've a lot of reasons to egoist even there we are going up.
We are egoist, like or not, we don't give a damn.

You can choose to believe what you want but there has been a lot of introspection in India about this performance, this is coming from an Indian. We will celebrate those Olympians who won medals coz they deserve it. You can hate all you want but we will.

In the meantime you should focus on why no one from Lanka even made it past the qualifying rounds.

http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=2016/08/25/sports/91305

Yet another Olympic Games has ended, shattering Sri Lanka’s hopes of another dream medal in Rio 2016 Games. Will Sri Lanka be able to win an Olympic medal after 20 years is left to be seen in Tokyo 2020.

Sri Lanka has won only two medals in the 120-year-old history of the Olympic Games.

Sri Lanka’s nine Olympians to Rio Games could not make a big impact and failed go beyond the qualifying round.

If we all tried to sort out our own shit rather than each other's, this region would be far better off.

I have watched the movie Pan Singh Tomar. It shows how well Indian athletes are treated in India.

Besides the point, Sri Lankan athletics is in its worst shape. I admit it. We Sri Lankans have the potential to create good athletes, but somehow it's not happening.

I am not against the celebration
The players deserved it,it would have been shameful to return empty handed but bcuz of they that didn't happen.i am grateful to them.
But what Piers pointed out is the pathetic state of sports in India to which I agree. I am not gonna bash him for his country not being able to win wc or ranking 4th in cricket. It's about us,we are 1.2 billion people ,either we should win 30-40 medals or we shouldn't participate at all.

I dont agree with what he has stated, or the context of it.. Obvious attempt at trolling.. But the fact is it warrants such a post because of the Over sensitive over reaction you expect from Indians, This is not the first time either, Remember the Sharapova incident ? They make such easy targets

Are the Chinese,the United states people or the swimmer from the refugee camp also using that ?
It's not about them but us

Chinese and United stated are dope central in Olympics. Are you naive to see this blatant fact?

How many medals did Ceylon win?:lol:
For being egoist, even besides sports, we've a lot of reasons to egoist even there we are going up.
We are egoist, like or not, we don't give a damn.

Ceylon has won 2 medals so far. That's not enough for us. But we are way better than India in the same regard.

Good luck being egoist. It gives us something to laugh about.

Actually I am
Prove your claim

I have already given proof for one. Use google or your brain (if it exist) for rest. I am not in mood to educate idiots who want proof for something which is a universal truth in pharmaceutical industry.

I have watched the movie Pan Singh Tomar. It shows how well Indian athletes are treated in India.

Besides the point, Sri Lankan athletics is in its worst shape. I admit it. We Sri Lankans have the potential to create good athletes, but somehow it's not happening.
You do seriously think India is as poor place as in that movie?
Damn next you'll say we sing and dance like movies (nobody says that Americans fight with aliens and Chinese do Kung Fu on regular basis unfortunately).:D
I live in India, have experience of ground reality of my country and know way better about it but won't bother to explain you otherwise how'll Bollywood make revenue?:P
Ever have a trip here BTW.:D

Ceylon has won 2 medals so far. That's not enough for us. But we are way better than India in the same regard.

Good luck being egoist. It gives us something to laugh about.
I got something to laugh about.
USTPO total patents filed in 2015:
India: 3415
Pakistan: 16
Ceylon: 7
BD: 2
:D

I am not against the celebration
The players deserved it,it would have been shameful to return empty handed but bcuz of they that didn't happen.i am grateful to them.
But what Piers pointed out is the pathetic state of sports in India to which I agree. I am not gonna bash him for his country not being able to win wc or ranking 4th in cricket. It's about us,we are 1.2 billion people ,either we should win 30-40 medals or we shouldn't participate at all.
Ok. But if you notice the tweet by Piers, the one that caused this outrage, is that he said its funny how Indians are celebrating just two medals which according to him implies Indians are satisfied, and hence he got mocked back. He did not talk about poor state of sports in our country as you are saying, otherwise everyone would had agreed and there would have been no outrage.

Back
Top Bottom