What's new

Could Pakistan help ANA retake Kunduz?

Pakistan and Afghanistan should cooperate.

Afghanistan in return could provide security to Pakistani air bases and othermilitary installations since they have been doing that back home.

Pakistan and Afghanistan should cooperate.

Afghanistan in return could provide security to Pakistani air bases and othermilitary installations since they have been doing that back home.
Afghans in charge of security? That's the worst idea ever. Once they see the enemy they'll be running away.

OK, apologies for the click-bait title. Here is a hypothetical, say war games like, scenario;

1. Pakistan army supports the ANA in retaking the fallen city. By support I mean boots on ground, jets and drones in the sky, ISI in the shadows full head on bare knuckles support like our life depended on it. How will that play out? Lets assume that there are no political or other complications.
  2. Now, if we actually did what I said above and if we manage to clear out the Taliban from Kunduz, what will be the long term ramifications for the Pakistani state? Will that make Pakistani urban areas more unsecure in say, 10 years?
  3. How will the ordinary Afghans react? It will surely help them in regaining their lost confidence in Pakistan.

Again, I realize that this scenario is near impossible with our own engagements at the moment, international politics, Afghan politics and whatnot. I am sure better minds have played this scenario in places like NDC and Hamza camp etc. But please humor me and share your thoughts.

@niaz sb, @DESERT FIGHTER , @Desert Fox @Horus

Edit: Guys, I understand and agree that we should stay out of this mess. Absolutely.

The point of this thread is to simulate kind of a war game scenario. Like I said above, lets ignore these things for a moment and assume that Pak has decided to jump in to the war. Then what?

Look Goofus ,who is going to provide logistics, are you aware of the fact that Kunduz is near the Tajikstan border, talk about ridiculous threads, this one is in a league of its own.

Suits us...

Afghans will die instead of asking Pakistan for help. Intel assessment suggests that Kabul is actually planning to officially blame Pakistan for its ineptitude. Frankly it's none of our business, Afghans are a mighty super race, they don't need help from "daal khor Pakistanis".

I know I am eliminating a lot of very important variables from the equation, but lets say Afghans actually agreed to this scheme.

with all your assumption, lets assume Pakistan helped ANA and Kunduz is free now

Look Goofus ,who is going to provide logistics, are you aware of the fact that Kunduz is near the Tajikstan border, talk about ridiculous threads, this one is in a league of its own.

Read the first post again, chootiye.

Why dont they ask bharat for help? :angel:
We're not that stupid to accept!

Secondly, anyone thought of the logistics nightmare if boots on the ground are contemplated? 10-11 hours for a supply convoy to reach Kunduz from Peshawar. Will they even be able to reach seeing that they would be prone to ambushes by the Taliban en route? If there's no logistics backup, how are the troops going to fight?

Thirdly, this would be a 'fighting in built-up areas' operation which is the toughest. Air power would be ineffective as there would be no targets. Just bombing the city from the air in the hope of killing a few militants will achieve nothing except immense collateral damage.

All in all, a bad idea!

Back
Top Bottom