What's new

Could JF-17 Help the South African Defence Industry?

The best part is that Thunder is like a blank cheque in which U can put anything U want. May it be Russian weaponry, Chinese, American, French or of any consortium or eve mix of it. Jo chaho laga lo. And thats the freedom very less platforms provide.

Thinking of 3 ALCMs under Thunder just gives me shivers :)
Not ALCM.
It's anti tank missile..... launched from aircraft.... and Jf17 will be able to carry 10 of them (2 per hard point)

No harm in doing business with SA, just have to keep a hawkeye on Israel , as there will be some sort of connection between SA and Israel when it comes to defense related matters.

Sir whats wrong in dreaming :)
You are not dreaming.
You are looking in future.
Here

Screenshot_2016-02-02-00-07-09.png

I expect another RAAD test in coming months..... if successful then it mean that by the end of this year, we will be able to integrate RAAD on Jf17.........

You are not dreaming.
You are looking in future.
Here

View attachment 291089

I expect another RAAD test in coming months..... if successful then it mean that by the end of this year, we will be able to integrate RAAD on Jf17.........

Sir after the wings strengthening yes it seems reality n m just loving it.

adjkfk.jpg

Gripen NG would be a better fit for SAF. assuming the price is $60 to $80 mil a piece

Suggesting new planes for the SANDF wasn't the point of the threat or original article.
I see my bad.

so this thread is about the possibility for South Africa to market it's weapons and systems on the JF-17??

but wouldn't it make more sense to just add Chinese weapons and systems??? it basically is a Chinese designed fighter.

I see my bad.

so this thread is about the possibility for South Africa to market it's weapons and systems on the JF-17??

but wouldn't it make more sense to just add Chinese weapons and systems??? it basically is a Chinese designed fighter.

To an extent ; but it doesn't have to be that way forever.

The whole concept of this exercise was to develop a platform with full control on electronics; thus allowing integration
with multitude of equipment from different sources.

But doesn't South Africa already have Gripens? As a small country, they would like to maintain a single type of fighter jet.

Why aren't we buying out Denel from the South Africans I wonder? Surely the likes of Reliance can acquire them and make them part of our stable?

Why aren't we buying out Denel from the South Africans I wonder? Surely the likes of Reliance can acquire them and make them part of our stable?
Denel Dynamics is the property of the South African government. If India wants to get in on the South African defence industry scene, it'd need to set up a new company (or acquire a smaller player), and throw in FDI to hire talent and produce products. But with Denel and the private sector incumbent Paramount Group, who has bought up I think almost all of the existing small players, that's unlikely.

Denel Dynamics is the property of the South African government. If India wants to get in on the South African defence industry scene, it'd need to set up a new company (or acquire a smaller player), and throw in FDI to hire talent and produce products. But with Denel and the private sector incumbent Paramount Group, who has bought up I think almost all of the existing small players, that's unlikely.

That's why I specifically mentioned Reliance. When Darth Vader is out for an acquisition......

Back
Top Bottom