What's new

Could India block Pakistani ports in case of a war?

People talk as if Pakistan is having nothing to protect itself. BS
Let's go by the notion that we have nothing and therefore we need to build a strong economy so we can afford to have something to defend our shores. In the meantime don't be distracted by stimulation initiated by others at all. Lets focus on one thing right now and let the armed forces of Pakistan worry about defending our borders and shores.

Now can India take our ports from us. I guess there is only one way to find that out, right?

If successful, this would starve us of our fuel reserves and be devastating for a long war. How could Pakistan prevent this taking in to account their navy is objectively stronger?
hoay...and you have only 11 posts...hmmm
Well the answer is no, India can't. They did that in 1971, and guess what, they know what we did then. So, I dont think India will try that again.

Could India block Pakistani ports in case of a war?

Give it a try and find out if it is a cake walk!

Well the answer is no, India can't. They did that in 1971, and guess what, they know what we did then. So, I dont think India will try that again.

I created this back in 2014 but been lurking for longer and only recently started using this account to reply/post.

You can't.

Please bear with me, if you want a serious answer, and I will explain in three hours time. There are also defences, that Pakistan doesn't have at the moment.
Sorry Joe. All the previous conflicts India tried this and failed. On paper anything is possible. But remember war is fluid and the day usually favours the brave.

:o:

Then start blockade, why you wasted 70 years ?
Its a hypothetical situation OP is sspeaking. Going by history, all wars r initiated by Pakistan India only reacted to pakistan's adventures . So india is not going to initiate war.

Realistically, yes they can and not very difficult in the current scenario as we do not have enough and strong air defence on the shores and in the sea. We do not have enough assets to keep away their naval fleet so in case of naval war it is obvious that they can do. We need to have strong air defence from short range to long range to keep away their aircrafts on the land in the sea and numerous ships capable of keeping their naval fleet away.

Pakistan previously don't have gwadar.if they block Karachi port which is now almost impossible after the induction of missile defence system,than Pakistan too can block entire supply chain heading towards India from strait of Hormuz.india will suffer more because we now have gwadar which is far away from Karachi port.

Not really, you dont have a navy capqble enough. And what you are talking about is coastal batteries and they too at best will keep Indian warships at bay for sometime but eventually they too will be taken out by our naval air forces. Your surface fleet is no match for our and even your subs are old Agostas.

Pakistan didnt make babur for fireworks. Whatever India does a response 10x bigger will be given.
I hope i dont need need to expain what babur is for.

Back
Top Bottom