Country
Pakistan
Cops shut down dance party in Lahore after cleric's threat
By Our Correspondent
Published: May 11, 2017
233SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
1406513-dance-1494498219-386-640x480.jpg

Bata Pur SHO said that over 2,000 people were attending the party. PHOTO: REUTERS

LAHORE: A dance party was brought to a grinding halt on the call of a religious cleric over the weekend, reports emerging from the city on Wednesday said.

Sunni Tehrik Lahore President Maulana Mujahid Abdul Rasool threatened police to either stop a party at Sozo Water Park immediately or “face the music”, officials confirmed.

Bringing modern fusion of opera, Sufi music to Pakistan

ADVERTISEMENT

Ad

Subsequently, the police and district administration ordered organisers to pack up and leave the venue right away, despite the fact that organisers obtained the approval of the deputy commissioner. Talking to The Express Tribune, Lahore Sunni Tehrik President Molana Mujahid Abdul Rasool said, “I will not let any such party take place; at least in Lahore.”

Bata Pur SHO said that over 2,000 people were attending the party, but it had to be stopped after a recorded message of the cleric started circulating among senior police officials.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 11th, 2017.

How if a citizen call police to stop a mulla barking on Hate speech in a gathering or Feel the Music? Does it work as well?
I'm not siding with these party animals umm just taking about the difference between a mulla force and a normal citizen aka liberal or secular moderate whatever mulla bergade call them.

The Pic used shows modern youth and it is hard to figure out whether they are Pakistanis or Westerners.

I really wonder if they knew that what they were doing was anti Islamic according to Mulla Ji

It would surely be a great dilemma for this group as whom to follow : Mulla Ji or Music

The Pic used shows modern youth and it is hard to figure out whether they are Pakistanis or Westerners.

I really wonder if they knew that what they were doing was anti Islamic according to Mulla Ji

It would surely be a great dilemma for this group as whom to follow : Mulla Ji or Music

Next generation coming up is going to make mullah part of dark history

Some Pakistanis (well a lot) live a dual life, certain liberties for themselves yet they want to confine others in strict religious code.

Next generation coming up is going to make mullah part of dark history
I yearn for such a generation to come, one which can differentiate between Religion and the State. But the question is how? How can you rip off what has become a fabric of our society, these radical so-called "mullahs" are worshipped by the weak minded, just like politicians are worshipped by their supporters, look at a person defending a politician who is looting and plundering this nation, they will still have staunch support from people who are ironically victims of his/her cruelty. Look at the entire history of this nation, how do plan to remove these "mullahs" when you cannot remove these polticians?.

What is the problem when they have the approval from concerned authorities in place ? They were not breaking any law. Shameful utterly shameful that the administration is working according to illiterate mullahs and not according to the law of the land.

we all know what happens at these parties. Even after approval which law legalizes drugs and alcohol open use

Back
Top Bottom