What's new

Connecticut School District on Lockdown Following Shooting Report

We do need laws more effective at keeping guns out of the hands of people like this, and that is going to be a difficult thing to do. Our ancestors had already made the choice to be a society whose citizens have the right to bear arms, or at the very least its been that way for our history, it is neither possible or desirable to suddenly try to take it all away at this point.

The sad thing is (to the best of my knowledge) the guns were bought legally by the parents, and it was presumably their own bad judgement of leaving them in a place where this mentally f****d-up person was able to get a hold of it.

How can you legislate a way to keep this from happening while still maintaining the right of sane and law abiding citizens to bear arms?

Technology can be the best friend in this matter:
biometric-gun.jpg

A Biometric Smart Gun | OhGizmo!
Gun Play: Responsible Gun Ownership for Parents — DeSantis Holster

Actually, this technology was first made back in the late 90's. I believe NRA criticized this technology.

I believe all weapons should have this feature - both for military and civilian. Hell, I think going as far as biometric implants would be cool :lol:

Especially in this age of terrorists and such.

There might be more ways to do so.

The only thing that may potentially impede this is the NRA and its ilks.

R.I.P
to God we belong, to God we return.
what was those cute children's fault?due to which reason they died?wish that killer get fried in hell.

they dont even dare to fly their drones over Iran...
We do every day.

Does America plan to do anything about its gun control policy ? let's discuss America here for a moment . We discuss Asia all the time

Obama hinted at some changes in his speech about this, very vaguely, but in reality he does not have the power to do anything. IIRC American members on another forum said he would need to pass it through both congress and the senate which is unlikely.
One of them also had a very unique idea of stationing returning vets on school premises'. Along the argument that they are skilled with a weapon and arent prone to run away at first gunshot. Thought it was a good idea.

In short, probably nothing significant will change.

IMHO, my 2 cents and all that....

Technology can be the best friend in this matter:
biometric-gun.jpg

A Biometric Smart Gun | OhGizmo!
Gun Play: Responsible Gun Ownership for Parents — DeSantis Holster

Actually, this technology was first made back in the late 90's. I believe NRA criticized this technology.

I believe all weapons should have this feature - both for military and civilian. Hell, I think going as far as biometric implants would be cool :lol:

Especially in this age of terrorists and such.

There might be more ways to do so.

The only thing that may potentially impede this is the NRA and its ilks.
This was a bad idea then and it is a bad idea now. What if my wife need to use a pistol to fend off a home intruder? Does she need to scramble to get hers even though mine is only a step away?

Or how about my daughter...

?Home Alone? girl, 12, shoots intruder - New York Daily News
A sixth-grade girl hid from a home intruder in her bathroom closet, clenching a pistol. When she saw the handle turn, the 12-year-old fired a hole through the door into the suspect's chest.

Kendra St. Clair, who had never fired a gun before, protected her Calera, Okla. home and herself in a real-life “Home Alone” that featured a handgun instead of booby traps on Wednesday.

Kendra initially called her mother when a strange man reportedly rang the doorbell and banged on the door repeatedly.

Hard to imagine what kind of a perverted country would produce such a pervert。

We dare. And we have.

No need. There are plenty of gun laws already.

With the number of gun crimes including such massacres in USA , those laws are obviously not working.

Obama hinted at some changes in his speech about this, very vaguely, but in reality he does not have the power to do anything. IIRC American members on another forum said he would need to pass it through both congress and the senate which is unlikely.
One of them also had a very unique idea of stationing returning vets on school premises'. Along the argument that they are skilled with a weapon and arent prone to run away at first gunshot. Thought it was a good idea.

In short, probably nothing significant will change.

IMHO, my 2 cents and all that....

Why is there no consensus in USA regarding gun control policy even after 3 major massacres this year ?

R.I.P to those who died...the way he killed the kids and adults was nothing short of inhuman.

With shootings like this and Tucson and Aurora, guns were a part of the problem, but they are not the root cause. It's not as if they just happened to find some firearms while walking down the road and decided to use them. Also, as a point of comparison, Switzerland has a militarized citizenry yet they do not have such incidents.

I'm not really arguing for one way or the other here, just making a statement. I don't think this is really the right time or place for an in-depth gun control debate anyway...

Hard to imagine what kind of a perverted country would produce such a pervert。
Not sure what to make of a country that kills female babies in favor of male babies.

With the number of gun crimes including such massacres in USA , those laws are obviously not working.
Something is obviously working...

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2012-10-20/news/34611869_1_home-intruder-kendra-closet
A sixth-grade girl hid from a home intruder in her bathroom closet, clenching a pistol. When she saw the handle turn, the 12-year-old fired a hole through the door into the suspect's chest.

Kendra St. Clair, who had never fired a gun before, protected her Calera, Okla. home and herself in a real-life “Home Alone” that featured a handgun instead of booby traps on Wednesday.

Kendra initially called her mother when a strange man reportedly rang the doorbell and banged on the door repeatedly.

Not sure what to make of a country that kills female babies in favor of male babies.

Something is obviously working...

?Home Alone? girl, 12, shoots intruder - New York Daily News

One child's life saved for 20 others life taken . Not even counting many other such shooting incidents that are now happening with fair regularity in USA.

What is the equation ?

P.S- I am not trying to make America look bad or anything. Being a generally Pro-America person , I am just concerned.

One child's life saved for 20 others life taken . Not even counting many other such shooting incidents that are now happening with fair regularity in USA.

What is the equation ?
Let me guess...You really think that was the only one so far?

There are even more lives saved by guns than there are killed by horrific senseless crimes like this latest one. The part that is ignored is that when a gun is involved in saving a life, usually only one or may be two lives are saved, while whenever a gun is used to commit a gangland shooting or a senseless massacre like this one, there can be more one lives lost and that is what make the news headlines. Often the deterrence effect upon potential criminals in knowing a certain neighborhood have armed citizens is enough.

Let me guess...You really think that was the only one so far?

There are even more lives saved by guns than there are killed by horrific senseless crimes like this latest one. The part that is ignored is that when a gun is involved in saving a life, usually only one or may be two lives are saved, while whenever a gun is used to commit a gangland shooting or a senseless massacre like this one, there can be more one lives lost and that is what make the news headlines. Often the deterrence effect upon potential criminals in knowing a certain neighborhood have armed citizens is enough.

Very well then . If things look good to you the way they are , then its all good i guess , but i don't see these massacres happening so often in other developed countries with even much lower crime rates than USA . The only difference i can think of is the gun control laws.

Rest is up to Americans.

Back
Top Bottom