- Dragoon (Pakistan)
- Talha - Other versions (Pakistan)
- Land Cruiser Based AV (Pakistan)
- Muhafiz (Pakistan)
- Raad (Pakistan)

Coming Soon

- Uqaab APC (Pakistan)
- VN-01 IFV (China)

Can we please have the info on them like numbers and service entries too!? :-)

Any engineering professional will tell you that there is no point in having machinery that will break-down, hence regular maintenance & a large supply of spare parts is essential to keep your machines in good working order. This costs money and manpower resources.

I counted 15 different kinds of APC’s. Even though Talha & Saad appear to be derived from M-113, there are still too many different varieties of APC & IFV’s in Pak Army's inventory. Their maintenance must be a nightmare for Elec. & Mech. Engineering battalions. . The stress should be on lean & lethal army and not tail heavy with a large maintenance contingent.

It is understood that no one vehicle can do all the tasks required in a large army; however I would have hoped that Pak Army planners would have streamlined their requirements and reduce the types to about half the current number. I am not suggesting reduction in absolute number; just concentrate on having more of the ones that are best for your needs.

Every competent engineering manager is trained to optimize material & manpower resources and avoid duplication & wastage. Does Pakistan’s Defence College runs a course on Organizational Ergonomics and Optimization?

Their maintenance must be a nightmare for Elec. & Mech. Engineering battalions.

Bro, these vehicles are not like common public vehicles. They don't need an oil change every few weeks. They are military grade vehicles that just need to be checked every few weeks for faults. And believe me, it takes a lot of tough situations for them to be broken down. It's not like a 100 of them will break down in one day and creating a apocalypse for the Armed Forces. lol, I don't even know if we have even 50 Lazars in our Armed Forces. :p:

On the other hand, these vehicles are evenly distributed across army bases with lots of engineers to keep them maintained. Even Army engineers don't even come out to check them, those are the technicians that are pay rolled by the Army, which are numerous. So, no worries bro.

INCORRECT... YOU MISSED MANY!

LAXV

CASPIR

PANHARD

AKREP

Qaswa

etc etc.

Last edited:
I think Buktar Ban is from Turkish, i forgot its original name. We bought some 200-300 of those i think. Don't quote me.

Any engineering professional will tell you that there is no point in having machinery that will break-down, hence regular maintenance & a large supply of spare parts is essential to keep your machines in good working order. This costs money and manpower resources.

I counted 15 different kinds of APC’s. Even though Talha & Saad appear to be derived from M-113, there are still too many different varieties of APC & IFV’s in Pak Army's inventory. Their maintenance must be a nightmare for Elec. & Mech. Engineering battalions. . The stress should be on lean & lethal army and not tail heavy with a large maintenance contingent.

It is understood that no one vehicle can do all the tasks required in a large army; however I would have hoped that Pak Army planners would have streamlined their requirements and reduce the types to about half the current number. I am not suggesting reduction in absolute number; just concentrate on having more of the ones that are best for your needs.

Every competent engineering manager is trained to optimize material & manpower resources and avoid duplication & wastage. Does Pakistan’s Defence College runs a course on Organizational Ergonomics and Optimization?

Sir the list is mis-leading.
the 113 and its derivatives are the major apc inventory of the army. Add the 20 odd mraps plus the 180 odd to be delivered.
rest of the models / types belong to FC / malitias / ASF / interior ministry in limited numbers.
some prototypes were produced but never inducted.

among those 15 vehicles
5 are deployed in numbers less than 10..................so having Lazar is amazing but when we realise we have less than 10 of them then its disappointing............... numbers must also be mentioned

lazar was bought by sindh police army doent uses it

Last edited:
OP only mentioned US, Chinese/Russian & Pakistani vehicles not Turkish and other vehicles in list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom