What's new

Competing with India!

Yep next time TTP or BLA strike us or we face incursions we will take out our graphs and charts of our economic growth and tell them, "Hey look you idiots we are an economically stable country and you cannot attack us, we will beat you to death with our charts and graphs. I am sure they will listen to us".
An economically stable country does not bred terrorists, you fool! Only countries with bad governance and weak leadership do! :D

May be u were doing a recon for ur real employers RAW....:p:
Thank God my employers are Norwegians :D

Not its okay. You get in trouble iff you start bashing China as well.
I have nothing against Chinese or Indians. I love both nations.

Yep next time TTP or BLA strike us or we face incursions we will take out our graphs and charts of our economic growth and tell them, "Hey look you idiots we are an economically stable country and you cannot attack us, we will beat you to death with our charts and graphs. I am sure they will listen to us".
Yaar - one food for thought.

Pakistan was doing better than India (economically) till the late sixties. India overtook Pakistan somewhere around the late 80s. You need to ask the question to yourselves - what did your previous generation do in that period to set your generation back.

I have nothing against Chinese or Indians. I love both nations.
Which is why you are safe. :D There are many Indian and Pakistanis who love each other. But if as a Pakistani you hate China or even criticize China, you will get into serious trouble. :P

I think you misunderstood the tone there. By "challenge accepted", I was just responding to your phrase of "watch this space", extending the metaphor.

Anyway don't Pakistani members comment on topics related to India?

nahi mara, comment away. But don't worry about Pakistan, it's close to make or break! Decisions WILL be made! :D

Crappy article from liberal or whoever that is:

The original text

Pakistan has to realise that world affairs are not carried out according to the figments of imagination of the country’s officially-sponsored intelligentsia. The nations of the world are engaged in serious relationships based on trade and security. No world leader will visit Pakistan if there is nothing substantial to talk about. No one has the time to add a day to their route merely to pander to Islamabad’s pretensions about parity with India.

Pakistan will have to accept hard facts and introspect the actual situation. And the fact is that Pakistan has little weight in the international arena, politically and economically. Politically, it is viewed as a nuisance at best and a threat to international security at worst. Economically, it is considered a basket case and a seemingly eternal candidate for bailouts. And it has little international sympathy for its claims of terrorism victimhood, as it is viewed as being bitten by the snakes it has itself bred in its backyard.

Pakistan can never compete with India in terms of its size, population and national income. If Pakistan’s per capita income is twice that of India and the poverty rate is half, a resultantly strong purchasing power will create a proportionately larger market size and the world will take the country seriously and treat it with respect. Pakistan’s balance of payments — sans foreign aid — will also have to generate the surpluses to be able to assist smaller neighbours like Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. These are achievable objectives if the necessary political will is mobilised.

When tweaked and replaced looks wonderful and true.

Pakistan knows that world affairs are carried out according to the figments of imagination of the country’s officially-sponsored intelligentsia. The nations of the world are engaged in serious relationships based on nukes and cricket. Every world leader will visit Pakistan even if there is nothing substantial to talk about. Everybody has the time to add a day to their route merely to pander to Islamabad’s pretensions about parity with India.

Pakistan wont accept hard facts and introspect the actual situation. And the fact is that Pakistan has HUGE weight in the international arena, politically and economically. Politically, it is viewed as a blessing at best and a strength to international security at worst. Economically, it is considered a gold mine and a seemingly eternal candidate for prosperity. And HUGE international sympathy for its claims of terrorism victimhood, as it is viewed as authority of the snakes it has itself bred in its backyard.

Pakistan can always compete with India in terms of its size, population and national income. If Pakistan’s per capita income is half that of India and the poverty rate is double, a resultantly strong purchasing power will create a proportionately larger market size and the world will take the country seriously and treat it with respect like theya rea already doing. Pakistan’s balance of payments —dont need to generate the surpluses to be able to assist smaller neighbours like Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Maldives. These are already achieved objectives that doesnt need political will to be mobilised.

Pakistan was doing better than India (economically) till the late sixties. India overtook Pakistan somewhere around the late 80s. You need to ask the question to yourselves - what did your previous generation do in that period to set your generation back.

Which is why you are safe. :D There are many Indian and Pakistanis who love each other. But if as a Pakistani you hate China or even criticize China, you will get into serious trouble. :P

& the answer to that would probably lie with the fact that army started to have much greater say in policy making and Democracy was the victim. Till date army keeps harping on issues like Kashmir to stay relevant and revered (if i may say so). Under such a setup national growth is the first victim.

An economically stable country does not bred terrorists, you fool! Only countries with bad governance and weak leadership do! :D

Okay then Mukti Bahini's creator and supporter should be ranked in same category then. BLA is not our bred terrorist, TTP is not our bred, the ones we supported are Afghan Taliban and people who are fighting in Afghanistan.

An idiot like you living outside and visiting Pakistan just for fun and tourism can say all this nice shit, but when it comes to ground realities they will prefer a second citizenship to run away , the article of the guy you quoted let me guess must be a big time "Sindhu Desh" supporter.

India is very much improving the lives of her people, and over the past decade, has pulled hundreds of millons (yes, that's right) out of poverty. And by the way, India's poverty is not "growing", it is fast diminishing. I know that's not what you like to hear, but that's the truth. Just as poverty rate is not 70% but a much more modest 22%. If you want to talk about India, at least inform yourself about India.
Well it's good to see that indias poverty rate is abating.
The thing is that you guys deems that the sole reason behind declination of our economy is the increasing defence budget. But you guys don't even bother to shed lights on how we have been fighting against terrorists. It's been a decade since we have been engaged in this deadly war against these terrorists, this war has shattered our economy other wise we would have been at far better position as we are right now. Even after engaging in this bloody war we are still improving economically. Our economic growth rate is nearly around 4.1% , I think.
The main concerning thing for us is not the growing defence budget rather its corruption and terrorism which is eating us from within.

Okay then Mukti Bahini's creator and supporter should be ranked in same category then. BLA is not our bred terrorist, TTP is not our bred, the ones we supported are Afghan Taliban and people who are fighting in Afghanistan.
LOL. So its fine with you that "our" ISI supports Afghan Taliban terrorists but not Indian Raw supporting TTP or BLA terrorists? Hypocrites, are we? :D

An idiot like you living outside and visiting Pakistan just for fun and tourism can say all this nice shit, but when it comes to ground realities they will prefer a second citizenship to run away , the article of the guy you quoted let me guess must be a big time "Sindhu Desh" supporter.
I still own a Pakistani nationality as well :-)

Pakistan's economy is very very weak as compared to India
And hence Pakistan cannot and should not compete with India

The age to compete with India is over.Pakistan should focus internally to stabilize and perform land reforms.

They started buying VCPs and VCRs and then used those to watch movies like "Mard", "Agni Pat", "Shenshah" etc :enjoy:

Back
Top Bottom