What's new

Comparing India and Pakistan 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
ANother good real...Though it's a long PDF and report is from 2006 yet worth sharing..

Public Information Notice (PIN) No. 07/9
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 25, 2007
IMF Executive Board Concludes 2006 Article IV Consultation with India
On December 20, 2006, the Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) concluded
the Article IV consultation with India.1

Background

India’s economy has continued to grow above trend, with average growth of 8 percent in the last
three years. Growth is broad based, with robust consumption, investment, and exports. With
manufacturing expanding at over 10 percent y/y, industry has joined services as an engine
of
growth. A normal monsoon is supporting agriculture. Staff projects growth of about 9 percent this
year, further moderating toward trend in 2007/08
. WPI inflation is contained within the RBI’s
indicative projection range of 5−5½ percent, partly reflecting gradual hikes in policy rates since
late 2005, limited pass-through of higher world oil prices to domestic LPG and kerosene, and cuts
in import duties. However, high food prices are contributing to CPI inflation (industrial workers)
exceeding 6 percent. Staff projects WPI inflation to remain in the 5−5½ percent range in the near
term.
The investment recovery and consumption boom continue to widen the external current account
deficit. In 2005/06, buoyant imports have offset rising goods and services exports, pushing up the
trade deficit to 6½ percent of GDP and the current account deficit to 1¼ percent of GDP. While
1 Under Article IV of the IMF's Articles of Agreement, the IMF holds bilateral discussions with
members, usually every year. A staff team visits the country, collects economic and financial
information, and discusses with officials the country's economic developments and policies. On
return to headquarters, the staff prepares a report, which forms the basis for discussion by the
Executive Board. At the conclusion of the discussion, the Managing Director, as Chairman of the
Board, summarizes the views of Executive Directors, and this summary is transmitted to the
country's authorities.
International Monetary Fund
700 19th Street, NW
Washington, D. C. 20431 USA
exports are growing apace, robust domestic demand is expected to contribute to a further
widening in both deficits this year.
Strong capital inflows comfortably financed the current account deficit. In 2005/06, inflows
remained dominated by portfolio flows and external commercial borrowings, particularly
convertible bonds. While gross FDI inflows have begun to rise, they have been partly offset by a
pickup in outward investment by Indian corporates. So far this fiscal year, capital inflows have
remained strong and reserve coverage has remained stable at around 7½ months of imports of
goods and services. While more reliance on debt and portfolio inflows has increased exposures
to changes in international investor sentiment, India’s large reserves and low external debt limit
this risk.
The exchange rate has exhibited two-way flexibility and in real effective terms is broadly around
its 2004/05 level. In the first half of 2006, the rupee depreciated against the U.S. dollar, against a
backdrop of tightening global liquidity and a widening current account deficit. The RBI limited its
intervention in foreign exchange markets to easing exchange rate volatility and smoothing
domestic liquidity pressures that arose from the redemption of external bonds. Since then the
rupee has regained ground against the dollar and the RBI continued to intervene only
occasionally, both buying and selling dollars.
Financial markets continue to soar. Net foreign investor inflows rebounded after the May/June
2006 stock market correction and stock prices recovered smartly, reaching new historical highs.
PE ratios are now high relative to other countries and India’s recent past. Meanwhile, real estate
prices continue to grow at a rapid clip on the back of a credit boom. To curb speculative
pressures, the RBI has tightened prudential standards further, including by raising general
provisioning requirements and boosting risk-weights on high-growth areas, including real estate,
to above Basel norms. Indicators of financial soundness (backward looking) suggest that banks’
balance sheets and income remain healthy.
Following three years of reduced deficits, fiscal consolidation “paused” in 2005/06. The general
government deficit was broadly unchanged at around 7½ percent of GDP, with a modestly rising
central government deficit broadly offset by a falling states deficit. All but five states enacted
fiscal responsibility laws (FRLs) and nine states subsequently received debt relief under the new
facility introduced last year by the Twelfth Finance Commission. General government debt
remains high―over 80 percent of GDP―reflecting both budget deficits and off-budget subsidies
for oil and food. Consolidation has resumed in 2006/07. The state and central government
budget deficit targets of 2.7 percent of GDP and 3.8 percent of GDP, respectively, are consistent
with the minimum reductions required under their fiscal responsibility legislations. Staff projects
the general government deficit to overperform budget estimates by 0.2 percent of GDP on the
back of strong revenue growth.
Executive Board Assessment
Executive Directors commended the authorities on India’s continued outstanding economic
performance—reflected inter alia in strong growth, enhanced resilience to shocks, and
increasing integration with the global economy. The favorable conjuncture and outlook provide a
good opportunity to accelerate key reforms to support the government’s vision of reducing
poverty and creating employment by boosting growth. Directors endorsed the government’s
reform priorities of fiscal consolidation, financial sector development, and removal of structural
bottlenecks as the appropriate means to achieve these objectives.
While recognizing the difficulty in gauging inflation pressures during a period of financial
deepening and other structural reforms, Directors agreed that vigilance is needed to guard
against any potential risks of overheating. They supported the central bank’s stance of
continued gradual removal of monetary accommodation. Overperformance on the 2006/07
budget could support this policy stance by channeling the anticipated revenue windfall to deficit
reduction. Directors concurred that India’s policy of a market determined exchange rate is
appropriately promoting flexibility, preserving monetary policy independence, and giving the
private sector incentives to manage currency exposures as the capital account opens further.
They supported the authorities’ gradual approach to capital account liberalization, in step with
fiscal consolidation and financial deepening.
Directors commended the improvement in government finances, but called for further progress
in reducing public debt to make room for social and infrastructure spending. To achieve the
target of bringing the central government’s revenue deficit to balance by 2008/09, they
recommended steps to broaden the tax base by eliminating corporate income tax incentives,
paring exemptions, and reforming interstate taxation to pave the way for a national goods and
services tax. On expenditure reform, Directors encouraged the authorities to implement the
recommendations of government committees on subsidies, including the introduction of an
automatic market-based mechanism for petroleum goods and better targeting of kerosene
subsidies. Consideration should also be given to hardening state budget constraints, given that
a number of states still face sizable adjustments.
Directors welcomed the strengthening of financial sector supervision, with prudential norms
generally in line with international best practices. They advised continued vigilance to guard
against pressures on asset quality in the face of rapid credit growth. Useful steps to expose
potential vulnerabilities will be comprehensive stress tests and the authorities’ self assessment
of financial stability and development, while the future implementation of Basel II will give banks
incentives to enhance risk management.
Directors saw the ongoing deepening and broadening of India’s financial markets as key to
fostering growth and facilitating greater capital account openness. Recent initiatives to develop
money and government securities markets and strengthen regulation of derivatives activities are
welcome. Directors encouraged the authorities to press ahead with measures that will further
deepen markets, including the expansion of short selling, the consolidation of benchmark
issues, and the streamlining of issuance requirements for corporate bonds. To broaden India’s
investor base and improve channels for funding longer-term investment, the limit on FDI in
insurance should be raised and private participation in the pension system permitted.
Directors urged greater progress in addressing structural obstacles to job-intensive, inclusive
growth. To help meet India’s infrastructure needs, steps should be taken to strengthen
implementation capacity and develop strong and independent regulators, as these would bolster
investor interest and underpin the authorities’ public private partnership initiative. Directors
encouraged the consideration of steps to maximize the contribution of Special Economic Zones
to India’s growth strategy while limiting potential revenue losses. More broadly, efforts should
continue to improve the business climate and reform education, as well as to alleviate rural
poverty through promoting agricultural growth.
Directors welcomed the government’s commitment to multilateral trade liberalization and
supported India’s intention to play an active role in restarting multilateral trade talks. They
welcomed the unilateral extension of duty free, quota free access to the least-developed
countries and the continued reduction in trade tariffs. Rapid economic growth provides an
opportunity to move tariffs more quickly towards ASEAN levels

http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/scr/2007/cr0763.pdf

Guys, I think the blogger has not come out with answers to your question but has tried every time to bring up something new when cornered. This thread when read from the begining shows everyone that making up numbers can win you a few but the devil is in the detail.

:cheers:

Some of the figures related to India vs Pakistan in terms of aid is biased if considered on per capita as India has a large population and it is not something to be proud of but even if we consider aid per Sq Km, it is easily evident that Pakistan since Independence has recieved far too much aid when compared to India. I will post figures if some one so wants to know but I don't want to waste my time cracking my head against a brick wall that smells biased from a mile.

dear karan bhai i cant thank u enough for taking the fight with this guy with proper data and arguments and same to desiman, deckin raj and jade...but i think its time to stop replying cos i am sure u guys have also realised that this will get nowhere.... we know where we stand in the world and i am sure so does the rest of the world...there is saying in malayalam 'pothinte cheviyil vedam othiyittu kaaryamilla' which means there is no point in reciting vedas in a buffallo's ears!!! SO ITS TIME TO IGNORE MR.HAQ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ramu, please do share numbers and whatever you have to share....People have invested lot of time on this thread no matter how much biased it sounds on the periphery.....Some of the posts were really informative so no harm in sharing if you have something credible...

dear karan bhai i cant thank u enough for taking the fight with this guy with proper data and arguments and same to desiman, deckin raj and jade...but i think its time to stop replying cos i am sure u guys have also realised that this will get nowhere.... we know where we stand in the world and i am sure so does the rest of the world...there is saying in malayalam 'pothinte cheviyil vedam othiyittu kaaryamilla' which means there is no point in reciting vedas in a buffallo's ears!!! SO ITS TIME TO IGNORE MR.HAQ

We still have some fight left buddy....:cheers: .....and remember Mr Haq is not lying in his blogs....He is just doctoring them by removing certain parts from the actual articles to prove his point...Can you or I deny that India has to do a lot to remove grave poverty, illiteracy, hunger and what not????

What Karan and others are trying to do is show the real picture...Though i understand where you are coming from but my intention is to point members to this thread whenever a similar topic is openened by anyone including mr. Haq

We still have some fight left buddy....:cheers: .....and remember Mr Haq is not lying in his blogs....He is just doctoring them by removing certain parts from the actual articles to prove his point...Can you or I deny that India has to do a lot to remove grave poverty, illiteracy, hunger and what not????

What Karan and others are trying to do is show the real picture...Though i understand where you are coming from but my intention is to point members to this thread whenever a similar topic is openened by anyone including mr. Haq

hi raj
none of the indian members r denying we have poverty..we all agree and we all know we r improving it but this guy who is sitting in his comfy chair in US is saying pakistan is better than us....he has been cleverly ignoring all the questions karan and the rest post and keeps repeating his same stories over and over..thats y i said there is no point in replying:disagree:

i have asked him before that y he never writes anything positive abt pakistan..abt the soldiers who r fighting and dying for his country..i dont think he will ever do that

what he needs to realise is that to be patroitc he doesnt have to abuse and hate india..same can be said abt us too...

hi raj
none of the indian members r denying we have poverty..we all agree and we all know we r improving it but this guy who is sitting in his comfy chair in US is saying pakistan is better than us....he has been cleverly ignoring all the questions karan and the rest post and keeps repeating his same stories over and over..thats y i said there is no point in replying:disagree:

i have asked him before that y he never writes anything positive abt pakistan..abt the soldiers who r fighting and dying for his country..i dont think he will ever do that

what he needs to realise is that to be patroitc he doesnt have to abuse and hate india..same can be said abt us too...

Agreed and i am one of those persons who is refuting his claim...So I agree with you 100%

New Delhi, Nov 17 (IANS) India might be an emerging economic power, but it is way behind Pakistan, Bangladesh and even Afghanistan in providing basic sanitation facilities, a key reason behind the death of 2.1 million children under five in the country.Lizette Burgers, chief water and environment sanitation of the Unicef, Monday said India is making progress in providing sanitation but it lags behind most of the other countries in South Asia.

While a mere 14 percent of people in rural areas of the country - that account for 65 percent of its 1.1 billion population - had access to toilets in 1990, the number had gone up to 28 percent in 2006. In comparison, 33 percent rural Pakistanis had access to toilets in 1990 and it went up to an impressive 58 percent in 2006.

Similarly in Bangladesh, 36 percent of rural people have access to proper sanitation. The corresponding figures for Afghanistan and Sri Lanka were 30 percent and 86 percent respectively.

“This is a huge problem. India has made some progress but there is a lot to be desired. The speed in which we are (India) increasing the toilet usage will not help much,” Burgers told IANS, a day before an international sanitation campaign in Delhi.

She, however, said that the huge population in India is a major challenge. Burgers said that between 1990 and 2006, rural areas of the country has witnessed a growth of 181 million people of which 39 million people did not have access to toilets.

According to the international health and sanitation watchdog, there are at least 2.5 billion people across the globe who do not have access to toilets and 50 percent of them are in the south Asian region.

That is the main reason why 50 percent of the global child mortality rate is reported from the same region. Besides, many children suffer from diarrhoea as well as pneumonia and other respiratory problems in India.

While 88 percent of all diarrhoea case are attributed to water, and lack of sanitation and hygiene, all roundworm and hookworm cases in children are due to poor sanitation facilities.

Experts said open defecation is one of the key reasons for malnutrition and stunted growth among kids and looking at the sanitation scenario, the situation is not bright for Indian children.

To highlight the issue, New Delhi is hosting the third South Asian Conference on Sanitation (SACOSAN-III). Beginning Tuesday, the four-day conference will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

Over 1,000 delegates from both government and private sector from several South Asian countries including India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bhutan will participate in the programme.

“We are stressing on four major issues - urban sanitation, manual scavenging, menstrual hygiene and school sanitation,” said S.K. Singh, of Water Aid, a partner NGO of the conference.

More at : India trails Pakistan, Bangladesh in sanitation India trails Pakistan, Bangladesh in sanitation

New Delhi, July 2 (IANS) India is worse than Bangladesh and Pakistan when it comes to nourishment and is showing little improvement in the area despite big money being spent on it, says Planning Commission member Syeda Hameed.

'There has been an enormous infusion of funds. But the National Family Health Survey gives a different story on malnourishment in the country. We don't know, something is just not clicking,' Hameed said.

Speaking at a conference on 'Malnutrition an emergency: what it costs the nation', she said even Prime Minister Manmohan Singh during interactions with the Planning Commission has described malnourishment as the 'blackest mark'.

'I should not compare. But countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka are better,' she said. The conference was organised Monday by the Confederation of Indian Industry and the Ministry of Development of Northeastern Region.

According to India's National Family Health Survey, almost 46 percent of children under the age of three are undernourished - an improvement of just one percent in the last seven years. This is only a shade better than Sub-Saharan Africa where about 35 percent of children are malnourished.

Hameed said the government's Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) programme, which is a flagship programme to improve the health of women and children, had not shown results despite a lot of money being spent on it in the past few years.

'We have not been successful in improving the status of health of our women and children,' she added.

The annual budget for women and child development (WCD) ministry in 2008-9 is Rs.72 billion. Of this, Rs.63 billion is for ICDS.

According to Unicef, every year 2.1 million children in India die before celebrating their fifth birthday. While malnutrition is the primary reason behind it, other factors like lack of health facilities, hygiene and good nutrition compound the problem.

Narrating her experiences while travelling the length and breadth of the country, Hameed said in many areas women were still starving and finding it difficult to feed their children.

She said emphasis should be given on inclusive breast-feeding for six months after a child's birth, maternity benefits for pregnant women and food fortification of ready to eat mid-day meals.

'We are concerned and worried that we are losing human beings in such a manner. It is a disappointment and a blot. We have just improved a fraction and we are determined that we do not let it get worse,' she said.

'It is frustrating to see this dark and dismal picture of undernourishment in the country. We have to learn the experiences from other South Asian countries,' she added.

The NFHS survey found that levels of anaemia in children and women had worsened compared to seven years ago -- around 56 percent of women and 79 percent of children below three years are anaemic.

Vinita Bali, managing director of Britannia Industries, said the problem was very critical and action was needed from both the government and the industry.

She said their 'Tiger' biscuits had been fortified with iron and had shown amazing results. These biscuits have been provided to children in Hyderabad with a midday meal.

'We conducted a study and found that in six months of taking these biscuits, the haemoglobin increased. The biscuits are not only healthy but also fortified,' she said.

Victor Aguayo, the head of child nutrition and development at Unicef, said fighting malnourishment is central to the survival of the child.

'There should be a balance between prevention and treatment. Our focus should be to target the most vulnerable and then only we will have a much healthier future for India,' he added.

'India worse than Pakistan, Bangladesh on nourishment' ? Sulekha News

Growing farmer suicides in India...no parallel in Pakistan.

(CNN) -- Thousands of poor farmers in India have committed suicide over the past decade as changes in India's agricultural policy set off a widening spiral of debt and despair, one environmental activist said Tuesday.

"The farmer suicides started in 1997. That's when the corporate seed control started," Vandana Shiva told CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "And it's directly related to indebtedness, and indebtedness created by two factors linked to globalization."

For Shiva, who works with farming communities across India, those two factors were the ceding of control of the seed supply to the corporate chemical industry -- leading to increased production costs for already-struggling farmers -- as well as falling food prices in a global agricultural economy.

An estimated 200,000 farmers have taken their own lives in India over the past 13 years, according to Indian government statistics.

"The combination is unpayable debt, and it's the day the farmer is going to lose his land for chemicals and seeds, that is the day the farmer drinks pesticide," Shiva said. "And it's totally related to a negative economy, of an agriculture that costs more in production than the farmer can ever earn."

But Columbia University Economics Professor Jagdish Bhagwati, a former adviser to the Indian government, said that globalization was not responsible for the surge of suicides among cotton farmers in the Indian states of Maharastra and Andhra Pradesh.

"There are other states in India where cotton seeds have been absorbed and which are really prosperous. So you have to ask, why is it that these are breaking out?" he asked. "What's happening is very much like the subprime mortgages in the United States, where a whole bunch of salesmen went out and sold mortgages to people who couldn't afford them."

Activist: Farmer suicides in India linked to debt, globalization - CNN.com

Last edited by a moderator:
No denying the fact that Farmers have hard time...It is really disgusting that Farmers have to commit suicide...However what you fail to mention(for pobvious reasons) is the measures that GOI is taking to control the menace...

- The Budget provides Rs.400 crore for extending the green revolution to the eastern region

- 60,000 'pulses and oil seed villages' will be organized in rainfed areas with an outlay of Rs.300 crore during 2010-11.

- This will provide water harvesting, watershed management and soil health facilities to enhance to productivity of dryland farming areas.

- To improve the storage capacity of food grains, Food Corporation of India is being allowed to hire godowns from private parties for a guaranteed period of seven years. This period so far was five years.

- The target for farm credit is being raised to Rs.3,75,000 crore in 2010-11 from Rs.3,25,000 crore in the current year.

- The period for repayment of loans under the Debt Waiver and Debt Relief Scheme is being extended by six months to June 30,2010.

- The interest subvention for timely repayment of crop loans is being raised from 1% to 2%. Thus, the effective rate of interest for crop loans for farmers who repay their crop loan as per schedule will now be 5% per year.

- Five more Mega Food Parks will be set up in addition to the 10 already being established. External Commercial Borrowings will henceforth be available for cold storage, farm level pre-cooling and preservation and storage of agricultural and allied produce marine products and meat.

- Moreover, the outlay for grants-in-aid to the State Governments is significantly higher than in 2009-10 reflecting the recommendations of the Thirteenth Finance Commission

http://www.reliancemf.com/CMT/Upload/ArticleAttachments/Budget 2010-11_Highlights & Analysis.pdf

***************************************************************************************************

Now lets look at the other side of the picture(Since it is all about blogging i did not paid any attention to the autheticity)

One blog says....

The government of Pakistan is deaf to these human rights violations. There are in fact huge violations of the Tenancy Act and other laws and regulations of the country; but there is no court to hear these cases because these feudal lords are financially, politically, and socially very strong and influential. There is no authority to challenge them. These farmers are not allowed to get involved in any trade union activities.

Pakistan: the plight of the agriculture workers

Pakistan and issues of Feudalism

Pakistan: The Present Government and Feudalism

PAKISTAN: Feudalism: root cause of Pakistan’s malaise - 25 March 2000

Feudalism in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See, Riaz, you are making a fool of yourself by not answering the questions you were asked. You do not understand the basic tenet of a debate in this forum. You are caught red handed mangling data and preferentially ignoring parts of the article to suit your taste as shown by the Indian members again and again but you don't have an iota of regret. Bravo !!!

Thanks for pointing out that farmers are committing suicide in India. 70% of Indian agriculture is dependent on rain and no govt. can create favourable winds that make sure that every part of India is nourished with rain. So Thanks for taking time out and using some search tool with keywords "India + Poverty + Farmers + village" which I guess is your favourite search string.

$1 billion LNG scam lands in federal cabinet

3.5 million tons LNG contract worth $25 billion : Seems to be a prohibitive price as it equates to about USD 7,140 Per Ton of LNG as basis USD 9 per MMBTU (as in the Iran - Pakistan Natural Gas Pipe Line) it would equate to about USD 470 per Ton.

I am not sure how accurate this report is.

But I do know that both Indian and Pakistani politicians use their positions to enrich themselves. However, India's saving grace is that the some of the top leaders like Manmohn Singh are clean.

NEW DELHI: Being in power pays. Congress's declared assets of Rs 340 crore for 2007-08, with an opening balance of Rs 271 crore, puts the party way ahead of rival BJP and regional powerhouses like Samajwadi Party, BSP and CPM. Even for the assessed year, BJP lagged Congress by more than Rs 100 crore.

According to income tax returns of political parties for the assessment year 2008-09 - for which an expenditure-income account of 2007-08 is considered - Congress spent more than Rs 110 crore on elections, meetings and publicity. Its expenses under just these three heads are more than the total income generated by smaller parties. CPM showed Rs 69 crore as income while BSP and SP showed Rs 79 crore and Rs 22 crore. BJP's earnings at Rs 120 crore were only slightly higher.

Clearly, being in power since 2004 has seen the Congress coffers swell. Its total assets were valued at Rs 65 crore in 2002, rose to Rs 136 crore in 2004, to Rs 229 crore in 2006, Rs 271 crore in 2007 and touched Rs 340 crore in 2008. Also, while Congress made nearly Rs 200 crore just from sale of coupons and donations in 2007-08, BJP earned Rs 120 crore from donations and membership fees.

The figures shown by parties are believed to be a fraction of actual expenses, but serve to reflect a trend. IIM-Ahmedabad alumnus and national coordinator of Association of Democratic Reforms Anil Bairwal said there was a huge gap between bottomlines of parties and expenditure incurred during polls.

Congress's income swelled to nearly Rs 500 crore, taking into account its Rs 270 crore opening balance. BJP's opening balance was Rs 104 crore, BSP's was Rs 68 crore, SP's Rs 140 crore and CPM, Rs 102 crore. It is clear Congress's income appreciated most sharply. BJP's balancesheet for this year read Rs 177 crore, for CPM, it was Rs 156 crore, SP Rs 144 crore and BSP Rs 118 crore.

The SP's lead over rival BSP may be attributed that it was still in power in UP, a situation that changed during the course of the year. With I-T returns reflecting the electoral fortunes of parties, the assessments may change if SP remains out of power for longer. CPM's relatively sound finances may be based on its wins in Kerala and West Bengal in 2007. BJP's assets in 2004 were worth Rs 155 crore while Congress's were Rs 136 crore but the situation changed dramatically after NDA was ousted.

BSP, which is in power in the largest state of Uttar Pradesh, and claims to survive on donations, made less than Rs 70 crore in 2008 - Rs 47 crore through donations and Rs 20 crore by way of membership fees. Interestingly, BSP, in a statement submitted before the tax authorities, claimed it had not received any donations above Rs 20,000.

But its penchant for dealing in real estate is quite obvious, with the party claiming deduction on account of loss it incurred for sale of a flat in Grandeur Apartment in Jiyamau area in Lucknow. While BSP claims to have bought the apartment for Rs 28.9 lakh in 2006, it was sold in seven months at a loss of nearly Rs 2 lakh. The party also claimed it had been gifted two bungalows during 2007-08 - No 5 Lal Bahadur Shastri Marg, Lucknow, worth Rs 2.35 crore and No 11 Sardar Patel Marg, New Delhi worth Rs 10 crore.

An analysis of I-T returns of these parties for previous years between 2002 and 2006 made by ADR revealed assets rising almost in direct proportion to their standing in Lok Sabha.

More seats in the lower House of Parliament, higher the earnings. The annualized growth in income of Congress, BJP, Samajwadi Party, BSP, CPM and CPI was pegged in the four years between 2002 and 2006 in the range of 3% to 41%.

Congress's assets soar, is India's richest party - India - The Times of India

Haq's Musings: Challenges of Indian Democracy

See, Riaz, you are making a fool of yourself by not answering the questions you were asked. You do not understand the basic tenet of a debate in this forum. You are caught red handed mangling data and preferentially ignoring parts of the article to suit your taste as shown by the Indian members again and again but you don't have an iota of regret. Bravo !!!

Thanks for pointing out that farmers are committing suicide in India. 70% of Indian agriculture is dependent on rain and no govt. can create favourable winds that make sure that every part of India is nourished with rain. So Thanks for taking time out and using some search tool with keywords "India + Poverty + Farmers + village" which I guess is your favourite search string.

Ramu buddy...you are right about 70% farming dependence on Rain...However if we have to learn from it don't you think that we atleast failed on one thing i.e. we failed to channelize our water fascilities to reduce this depedency????

As said above since he is hell bent on proving how Pakistan is better in India on all fronts we are countering his distorted facts/lies with actual data....But there is no denying the fact we have lot of ground to cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom