What's new

COAS confirms death sentences of 11 'hardcore terrorists'

COAS is not doing enough as he should do.
Weak one to control dirty politicians.I have started hating this man.

On the other hand, some MF judge in somewhere is preparing to put stay order on death of the animals again. Shahbaash adliya. :hitwall:
in that case I wish him an agonising death at the hands of those he wants to protect

Last edited:
I see these, and I think of struggling with fellow Indians not to celebrate the deaths of any, including death in shooting incidents, and getting labelled - what was it? - a Jayachand, a traitor to India, and I say to myself

Great song.

As for your statement, why would someone call you a traitor for celebrating the death of bad people?

Great song.

As for your statement, why would someone call you a traitor for celebrating the death of bad people?

I was drafting a petition for Pakistanis to sign, asking for all parties in Kashmir to stop violence and to talk to each other, and in the drafting used words and phrases that I believe Pakistanis would use. Indian members took grave objection to my not using words and phrases that an Indian would use.

Good news but....

Has anyone checked out the portfolio of each terrorist? If they were in the USA, a movie would be made on each of them. How is it possible for them to carry out such big and spectacular attacks? Killing big govt officials, army officials etc etc??

protection of Pakistan act was passed after Peshawar school massacre because the hardcore terrorists were freed by civilian courts due to poor prosecution
the duration was 2 years but it has not yield required results so a new legislation is being considered which will most probably include civilian courts and prosecution will be improved

How can legislation improve prosecution? How can legislation insist that the right evidence be gathered? What if it is not, in spite of the law? What will the law propose should be done next, hand over the evidence gathering to a Special Investigation Team (the Indian Supreme Court has done this on more than one occasion when it felt that the gathering of evidence was not being done effectively).

At most, it can order daily sittings until the matter is concluded. It cannot demand that a verdict be arrived at of a certain type, it cannot demand that the verdict should be based on insufficient evidence, and it cannot tamper with the rules of evidence. What exactly can it do? At best, it can allow witnesses to testify in barred court, and in anonymity; if it does not allow the advocate of the defendants access to those witnesses and an opportunity to examine the witnesses, it becomes an irregular trial, a Star Chamber proceeding.

How can legislation improve prosecution? How can legislation insist that the right evidence be gathered? What if it is not, in spite of the law? What will the law propose should be done next, hand over the evidence gathering to a Special Investigation Team (the Indian Supreme Court has done this on more than one occasion when it felt that the gathering of evidence was not being done effectively).

At most, it can order daily sittings until the matter is concluded. It cannot demand that a verdict be arrived at of a certain type, it cannot demand that the verdict should be based on insufficient evidence, and it cannot tamper with the rules of evidence. What exactly can it do? At best, it can allow witnesses to testify in barred court, and in anonymity; if it does not allow the advocate of the defendants access to those witnesses and an opportunity to examine the witnesses, it becomes an irregular trial, a Star Chamber proceeding
exactly , the new legislation will be very sensitive but it is the need of time we can not allow these hardcore terrorists to escape and due to political uproar led by Asma jahangir it has been difficult in achieving targets
new legislation can not be entirely based on military courts but if we had to then Protection of Pakistan act will only get extension rather than a new legislation
sit back and see

I was drafting a petition for Pakistanis to sign, asking for all parties in Kashmir to stop violence and to talk to each other, and in the drafting used words and phrases that I believe Pakistanis would use. Indian members took grave objection to my not using words and phrases that an Indian would use.

Talking won't work since nobody is willing to make compromises.

Talking won't work since nobody is willing to make compromises.

True. I got off the phone minutes ago from talking to a friend from a very respectable family who works outside India. It has now got to the stage where the Pandits were, where they were in physical danger if they stayed, and their houses were burnt down or occupied if they fled.

Pakistanis love to proclaim that they know the true character of Kashmir and they know the sentiment of the people. They know nothing about the silent majority, outside those who send their children out, or who have taken a hard line and who are the violent, noisy minority that gets heard.

I know them, lots of them, all in similar positions, who want good governance, but otherwise couldn't care less who governed the country, and want an end to the violence. Most are in south Kashmir; there are some in the north. They are all terrorised today. People are being accosted on their doorstep and warned against any failure to support the movement, or to support the existing PDP government. The radical mosques have become the headquarters of the agitation; those who still go to the old Sufi shrines are marked men (and women).

How different the view is from this side of the stone-throwing.

From this day, I will not comment on Kashmir and on Kashmiri sentiment today, and will not get into a discussion on Kashmir, unless asked about a specific matter of fact. As you said, no one is willing to make compromises.

going at very slow pace...need to speed up the anti terror drive and start hanging a lot more people..turn it into a blood massacre of terrorist..infact hanging is just a waste of time..give bullet straight into the head...

True. I got off the phone minutes ago from talking to a friend from a very respectable family who works outside India. It has now got to the stage where the Pandits were, where they were in physical danger if they stayed, and their houses were burnt down or occupied if they fled.

Pakistanis love to proclaim that they know the true character of Kashmir and they know the sentiment of the people. They know nothing about the silent majority, outside those who send their children out, or who have taken a hard line and who are the violent, noisy minority that gets heard.

I know them, lots of them, all in similar positions, who want good governance, but otherwise couldn't care less who governed the country, and want an end to the violence. Most are in south Kashmir; there are some in the north. They are all terrorised today. People are being accosted on their doorstep and warned against any failure to support the movement, or to support the existing PDP government. The radical mosques have become the headquarters of the agitation; those who still go to the old Sufi shrines are marked men (and women).

How different the view is from this side of the stone-throwing.

From this day, I will not comment on Kashmir and on Kashmiri sentiment today, and will not get into a discussion on Kashmir, unless asked about a specific matter of fact. As you said, no one is willing to make compromises.

I haven't known a single Muslim from IOK who wants to stay, only non Muslims but that's my experience.

I haven't known a single Muslim from IOK who wants to stay, only non Muslims but that's my experience.

And I, personally, know over a hundred, all my personal acquaintances, none with government jobs, or political offices, or any tangible links to India that earn them money. I go there, regularly, but as I said, the news is so dismal that my friend's father prefers to stay and face things, as departure means absolute ruin.

BTW, I spoke to a 9** number.

Back
Top Bottom