Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
COAS confirms death sentences of 11 'hardcore terrorists'
DAWN.COM — PUBLISHED 10 MINUTES AGO
WHATSAPP
1 COMMENT
PRINT
RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday confirmed the death sentences of 11 'hardcore terrorists' involved in committing "heinous offences related to terrorism," said an Inter-Services Public Relations statement.

The convicts were involved in killing of DIG Fayyaz Sumbal and ASI Raza Khan of Balochistan Police and Inspector Kamran Nazir of Inter-Services Intelligence at Quetta, ISPR said.

The convicted terrorists also include those who were involved in sectarian killings, kidnapping and killing of civilians and personnel of Frontier Constabulary and killing of Major Majeed of Pakistan Army.

These convicts were tried by military courts.

They were found guilty of planning and executing a number of attacks on law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and the armed forces and involvement in the destruction of schools and communication infrastructure.

Crucify them upside down, and make it public.

Unless and until that happens to all our convicts on death row, I will not be satisfied.

COAS confirms death sentences of 11 'hardcore terrorists'
DAWN.COM — PUBLISHED 10 MINUTES AGO
WHATSAPP
1 COMMENT
PRINT
RAWALPINDI: Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday confirmed the death sentences of 11 'hardcore terrorists' involved in committing "heinous offences related to terrorism," said an Inter-Services Public Relations statement.

The convicts were involved in killing of DIG Fayyaz Sumbal and ASI Raza Khan of Balochistan Police and Inspector Kamran Nazir of Inter-Services Intelligence at Quetta, ISPR said.

The convicted terrorists also include those who were involved in sectarian killings, kidnapping and killing of civilians and personnel of Frontier Constabulary and killing of Major Majeed of Pakistan Army.

These convicts were tried by military courts.

They were found guilty of planning and executing a number of attacks on law enforcement agencies (LEAs) and the armed forces and involvement in the destruction of schools and communication infrastructure.
Amen to that
better do it before Asma Jahangir wakes up to protect them

Isn't it the job of the civilian government to sentence and sustain death sentences?

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday confirmed the death sentences of 11 'hardcore terrorists' involved in committing "heinous offences related to terrorism," said an Inter-Services Public Relations statement.

I heard that the suo motto machine of SC has suddenly started working after this very news.

ISLAMABAD: Army chief General Raheel Sharif on Tuesday approved death sentences of 11 ‘hardcore terrorists’.

“Today Chief of Army Staff confirmed death sentences awarded to another 11 hardcore terrorists, who were involved in committing heinous offences related to terrorism, including killing of DIG Fayyaz Sumbal and ASI Raza Khan of Balochistan Police and Inspector Kamran Nazir of ISI at Quetta,” the military’s media wing said in a statement.

The convicts whose death sentences have been confirmed by General Raheel are accused of being involved in sectarian killings, kidnappings and slaughtering of civilians and personnel of the Frontier Constabulary (FC) and killing of a high-ranking officer of Pakistan Army.

“They planned and executed a number of attacks on Law Enforcement Agencies and Armed forces of Pakistan. They were also involved in destruction of Schools and communication infrastructure,” the communiqué added.

According to the statement, all the accused were active members of the banned Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) and were involved in creating unrest in the country through various subverting activities.

Ziaul Haq s/o Wali Khan, Fazl-e-Rabbi s/o Fazal Ghafoor, Muhammad Sher s/o Zaray, Umer Zada s/o Gul Rehman, Latifur Rehman s/o Saifur Rehman, Muhammad Adil s/o Muhammad Akbar Jan, Israr Ahmed s/o Abdul Rahim Jan, Abdul Majeed s/o Khona Moula, Hazrat Ali s/o Fazal Rabi, Mian Said Azam s/o Mian Said Jaffar and Qaiser Khan s/o Habib Khan are included the list of those awarded death sentences by military courts

This is not the first time the COAS has confirmed death sentences of militants involved in perpetrating terror in the country.

In May this year, the army chief confirmed death sentences of another “11 hardcore terrorists” who were involved in heinous crimes such as killing and kidnapping of civilians, attacks on armed forces and LEAs, and destruction of schools.

Earlier on March 15, General Raheel had confirmed death sentences of 13 militants, including one involved in the killing foreign tourists in Nanga Parbat. According to the ISPR, the condemned terrorists were tried by military courts for their involvement in Nanga Parbat attack, Saidu Sharif airport, destruction of schools, attacks on armed forces, law enforcement agencies and civilians

The express Tribune

After hanging them Please send their bodies to their loyal traitor who leaves in Quetta saw he can cry and have a heart attack

Again a good news :cheers::pakistan:

Hang them in public ......

Crucify them upside down, and make it public.

Unless and until that happens to all our convicts on death row, I will not be satisfied.

Good going kill all these rats.

Amen to that
better do it before Asma Jahangir wakes up to protect them

I see these, and I think of struggling with fellow Indians not to celebrate the deaths of any, including death in shooting incidents, and getting labelled - what was it? - a Jayachand, a traitor to India, and I say to myself

On the other hand, some MF judge in somewhere is preparing to put stay order on death of the animals again. Shahbaash adliya. :hitwall:

This is a positive development. For a long time I haven't heard of judges being threatened while not even once heard of military judges being threatened. As noted in my book Badal, judges in 2007-2009 in Swat or Peshawar were threatened by militants or even their loved ones kidnapped which led to them giving decisions in militants favor. NAP courts have perhaps possibly changed this. Every terrorist of the TTP, Jamat Ul Ahrar, ISIS and any other militant group should be hanged. They have no right to live for betraying their religion, country and people. Taliban are terrorists of the highest order and deserve death.

Isn't it the job of the civilian government to sentence and sustain death sentences?
protection of Pakistan act was passed after Peshawar school massacre because the hardcore terrorists were freed by civilian courts due to poor prosecution
the duration was 2 years but it has not yield required results so a new legislation is being considered which will most probably include civilian courts and prosecution will be improved

Back
Top Bottom