What's new

CNN called Rajinikanth a 'Bollywood' star and all hell broke loose

South Indian movies are fun to watch, again and again without boredom :p:. Few of my fav are Shivaji the boss and Aparichit. Not sure which of the South Indian movie industry(s) these belong.

Both are from Tamil Kollywood

You dont have to .Because 1.25 billion together shares that burden.

Doesnt seems to be the case, more or less 1.25 billion are forced into some sort of unnatural or forced marriage by the brits. Kudos to those who are keeping it all together for such a long time though!

Any way most of the bollywood films are totally worthless.

I agree.

Especially, the ones these days. Everyone has the same wannabe-foreign style, has similar body structures and has forgotten how to act. And if the movie doesn't show borderline p*rn in it, there is some stale stupid comedy like Housefull franchise which not even 5 year old kids will enjoy.

Once in a blue moon, good movies like Baby, A Wednesday, Phantom, Special 26, Airlift etc come which are based on real life instances.

Being a northeasterner, I personally prefer watching translated regional movies to most Bollywood films. Whenever I watch something that is.

Its true.......that south Indians don't like other Indians..................they think although they are living in India but hey have separate Identity. My personal experience, you ask any south Indian.... where you from, he will at first never will say, "I am from India", he will always say "I am from Kerala" ...........................
South Indians and North Indians are marrying each other like never before in Indian history. And they are also migrating like never before whether that be for University or for jobs.

I agree.

Especially, the ones these days. Everyone has the same wannabe-foreign style, has similar body structures and has forgotten how to act. And if the movie doesn't show borderline p*rn in it, there is some stale stupid comedy like Housefull franchise which not even 5 year old kids will enjoy.

Once in a blue moon, good movies like Baby, A Wednesday, Phantom, Special 26, Airlift etc come which are based on real life instances.

Being a northeasterner, I personally prefer watching translated regional movies to most Bollywood films. Whenever I watch something that is.
Absoutely true. Bollywood movies focus more on show off than actual story and logic.

I am North Indian.I love and adore simplicity and humble attitude of Megastar Rajinikanth.

He is the original HERO and rest are just actors.

Yea, clearly this guy is so hot and I'm the ugly one.
Obviously and u know so does the million fans from South say....I pity u.

I find it funny hear of some comments on Rajini about his skin complexion . So for you guys fairness is holy LOL?
and you call other people racial? What a shame?

I agree.

I wish we move to 90's and early 2000's which really made some outstanding movies.... Pity though

I agree.

Last film I have seen is 3 idiots .
When it comes to the unbelievable fighting sequences Tamil,Telugu and bollywood are funny as hell.:D

South Indians are using the excuse of cosmetic surgery and steroids to say why Bollywood actors look better then there own but even North Indian actors from regional cinemas look better then South Indian actors.
Actors from Bhojpuri cinema (UP/Bihar in North India):
Umq0VW2.jpg

m4YNKGv.jpg

rnWHjQ1.jpg

ZdWtSPu.jpg

Compare with South Indian Actor:
D5fUTxo.jpg

Those Bhojpuri actors from poor states can't afford cosmetic surgery and steroids yet they still look better then South Indian actors.

rajeev-pillai.jpg

Ya right .

I liked Kamal Hassan .. although lot a looker like say Amitabh or Dhermindra but his acting and off beat movies were a family favourite.
we Pakistanis are lashed by Indians for our complex over color and physique but it seems that the sentiment seeps into fellow Indians too.
we ought to be.
a person from west of indus is quoting a person east of brahmaputra.
i love internet.

Shivaji Rao Gaekwad has finally won the south India....The Great Maratha Empire 2....... :-):azn::D

I find Southern folk to be more friendlier and outgoing than central and Northern folks. That's not say they are not, but the Southern folk smile a great deal.

Thanks! We also get along with Pakistanis a lot better I find.....I guess distance from the border helps!

mmm interesting. Is the south north divide this intense? Those who are trying to hold on the federation, must have a very tough job on hands.

For every one that tries to stick a divide, there are multiples that bridge it and solidify it as seen by @Kashmiri Pandit and others in this thread.

Where are these guys from ? @Nilgiri

You seem to be a fan of Telugu cinema (Tollywood) :tup: These guys are all from there (Andhra Pradesh + new Telegana)

The first guy you posted is the son of one of my favourite actors of all time (later became a politician).

Long time back Tamil+Telugu cinema were completely joined at the hip in Madras...given Madras itself was almost a 50/50 split between Tamil and Telugu population and influence wise. Still the lingering Telugu presence is there and there is still some Telugu movie base there still....but most of it has shifted nowadays to Hyderabad.

You watch these movies with Hindi dub or subtitle? Telugu is such a beautiful musical language compared to Tamil which is more guttural and acquired taste for people :P

You seem to be a fan of Telugu cinema (Tollywood) :tup: These guys are all from there (Andhra Pradesh + new Telegana)

The first guy you posted is the son of one of my favourite actors of all time (later became a politician).

Long time back Tamil+Telugu cinema were completely joined at the hip in Madras...given Madras itself was almost a 50/50 split between Tamil and Telugu population and influence wise. Still the lingering Telugu presence is there and there is still some Telugu movie base there still....but most of it has shifted nowadays to Hyderabad.

You watch these movies with Hindi dub or subtitle? Telugu is such a beautiful musical language compared to Tamil which is more guttural and acquired taste for people :P
Yes Yes Yes , If that's what its called . These movies are just awesome . The way they act is just natural . Heroins are real beauty not like the over used cosmetic girls of bollywood :oops:
I have seen King no 1 Don no 1 Dangerous khiladi , Maghadera , Mar Mitanga and many such movies . You can call me a die hard fan . NTR Rama Rao jr and Nagarjun are my most favorite .

Mere Jung One man army :smitten:I loved the way he acted in that movie . Have seen it tens of time . MAAS :D
Hindi Dub :P

Thanks! We also get along with Pakistanis a lot better I find.....I guess distance from the border helps!

For every one that tries to stick a divide, there are multiples that bridge it and solidify it as seen by @Kashmiri Pandit and others in this thread.

wtch from 1 hr 12 minutes for 3 minutes . I love this scene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom