What's new

CM Gilgit-Batlistan urges all Pakistanis to celebrate GB Cultural Cap Day on 1st October

biggerthumb-1445639360.jpg

6325150613_0bf3670204_b.jpg

Special message by CM GB...
Gilgit-Batlistan Cultural Cap Day will be celebrated on the first of October. Watch CM Hafiz Hafeez UR Rehman‘s special message on the day.
Reported by Abdul Rehman Bukhari
http://pamirtimes.net/2016/09/21/cm...celebrate-gb-cultural-cap-day-on-1st-october/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:enjoy: @Moonlight ,@Arsalan ,@unleashed ,@shimshali ,@Kambojaric ,@krash ,@waz .......
more updates to follow....

This idea should be spread across the country. It will not only show the unity of GB and rest of the province but will promote the tradition. Also, people of GB are really smart and educated. And events like this can give inspiration to so many people to move forward and do wonders in their fields.
:yahoo::yahoo:

Keep updating us bro.

Special message by CM GB...
Gilgit-Batlistan Cultural Cap Day will be celebrated on the first of October. Watch CM Hafiz Hafeez UR Rehman‘s special message on the day.
Reported by Abdul Rehman Bukhari
http://pamirtimes.net/2016/09/21/cm...celebrate-gb-cultural-cap-day-on-1st-october/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:enjoy: @Moonlight ,@Arsalan ,@unleashed ,@shimshali ,@Kambojaric ,@krash ,@waz .......
more updates to follow....

I love the Pakol. Be it the Gilgiti, Chitrali, Swati, Bheshami or from any other region. Such a cultural icon. My dad has a collection like none other. I got into the habit of wearing them from him and still prefer them over tuques/beanies. Had to even bring a few from Pakistan as gifts when some friends asked for them.

Btw my father and my late grandfather wear this topi alot. I would love to have one.
All my family members wear this topi in Karachi..

This cap is very common in my experience at least in rural areas but without feathers.

These hats (without feathers) have already become an integral part of our culture. You can literally see people wearing them everywhere!

Those are Chitrali Pakols or as they are more commonly known, Chitrali Topis. Pretty much all our northern regions have their own specific style/version of the Pakol. The Chitrali Pakol (the most seen outside of the north) is more loose, with the folds not as tightly wound and with some space left in between them and the top. The Bheshami Pakol is more tightly wound with no space between the fold and the top and is smaller and tighter. The Swati Pakol has fashionable pleats all around the folded rim. The Gilgiti Pakol traditionally comes with a feather. There are many other variations as well; some have looser tops with tighter folded rims, some have tight tops, some have tops that don't fall outside the folded rim then some which do, some have thinner folded rims, etc., etc. You need a trained eye to spot which is which ;)

Cool!!
I will try and get one for myself for the occasion. :)

BTW, you can learn the background of this cap in this video right at the end where Salim Shafi starts questioning his guide i guess...

Man is looking brilliant..
6349.jpg

Those are Chitrali Pakols or as they are more commonly known, Chitrali Topis. Pretty much all our northern regions have their own specific style/version of the Pakol. The Chitrali Pakol (the most seen outside of the north) is more loose, with the folds not as tightly wound and with some space left in between them and the top. The Bheshami Pakol is more tightly wound with no space between the fold and the top and is smaller and tighter. The Swati Pakol has fashionable pleats all around the folded rim. The Gilgiti Pakol traditionally comes with a feather. There are many other variations as well; some have looser tops with tighter folded rims, some have tight tops, some have tops that don't fall outside the folded rim then some which do, some have thinner folded rims, etc., etc. You need a trained eye to spot which is which ;)
Brilliant post, saved me the trouble. Good elaboration, thank you.

@Side-Winder , can you post it on FB and Twitter page to portray a better image of Pakistan, thank you.

Last picture, quite a famous guy.

Only if you teach me the Gilgiti dance :D
Well it's not as easy as it looks, takes years to master...:lol:

Can someone share a video of NLI troops dancing, would be nice to see...
@Zarvan ...

BTW, you can learn the background of this cap in this video right at the end where Salim Shafi starts questioning his guide i guess...

Man is looking brilliant..
6349.jpg

Brilliant post, saved me the trouble. Good elaboration, thank you.

@Side-Winder , can you post it on FB and Twitter page to portray a better image of Pakistan, thank you.

Last picture, quite a famous guy.

Well it's not as easy as it looks, takes years to master...:lol:

Can someone share a video of NLI troops dancing, would be nice to see...
@Zarvan ...
I have seen it in lok virsa and in my college farewell party i just cant do the sudden jhatkas

sudden jhatkas
That the real art, young one. I have done it with a professional lot for an hour or so, if i had to say something: i'd say we were all very high that day...(High on excitement, lol):-).

Did it for a long time in Shandur too, at night. I still remember the night, cold night but quite a lovely experience.

That the real art, young one. I have done it with a professional lot for an hour or so, if i had to say something: i'd say we were all very high that day...(High on excitement, lol):-).

Did it for a long time in Shandur too, at night. I still remember the night, cold night but quite a lovely experience.
I tried doing it end up looking like a grizzly :D
They played that murataina or shurataini song in the background i think i shared it here 6 months ago

Cant find it now

I have one but it doesn't have a feather. How is GB for tourism by the way? I mean I have seen it in pictures and its beautiful but are the local people welcoming to tourists? Do families visit there more often or just groups of guys?

Gilgiti culture should be both protected and promoted. Its a shame that the people of Gilgit are losing their traditional language in favor of urdu. There should be some program for promotion of local languages and keeping them alive.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom