What's new

CM Gilgit-Batlistan urges all Pakistanis to celebrate GB Cultural Cap Day on 1st October

Gilgiti culture should be both protected and promoted. Its a shame that the people of Gilgit are losing their traditional language in favor of urdu. There should be some program for promotion of local languages and keeping them alive.
Not really, there was a resolution passed to teach local languages in school. I think the local languages are doing quite well. In contrast to the beliefs of many people...
I have one but it doesn't have a feather. How is GB for tourism by the way? I mean I have seen it in pictures and its beautiful but are the local people welcoming to tourists? Do families visit there more often or just groups of guys?
One million tourists went to GB this year....Actual figure is increasing. Watch the video in the OP, hear what the CM has to say.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1273273/a-million-tourists-expected-in-gb-this-year
https://defence.pk/threads/cpec-and-its-benefits-to-gb.447817/

@WAJsal

I have been wearing this Chitrali pakol on different occasions here in Karachi since I was a kid. Nothing new for me.
It's obviously not and it's quite common. It's literally become a part of our culture, Pathans have adopted it. And many people wear it too.
It will be good to remember this day and somewhat celebrate it and look to enjoy and give a positive image about our culture. :tup:

I have one but it doesn't have a feather. How is GB for tourism by the way? I mean I have seen it in pictures and its beautiful but are the local people welcoming to tourists? Do families visit there more often or just groups of guys?

GB has always been the gem in Pakistan's crown. I mean I don't even know where to begin with the people. Just like the places the people too are indescribably, insanely amazing. You'll have to go there and experience it yourself. But I will tell you this, the locals are not only friendly they are environmentally and socially quite a few notches above the rest of the country. I have so much love for them but it still falls far short of how much I've received from them over so many years.

However, families do not visit as often. Not at all because it's not suitable, but because it's quite a road trip to undertake for women and children. If it helps, my parents never had any issues taking us there ever since we were born.

Gilgiti culture should be both protected and promoted. Its a shame that the people of Gilgit are losing their traditional language in favor of urdu. There should be some program for promotion of local languages and keeping them alive.

Tbh I concur with Wajsal. I've never seen any indications of this. The local languages are alive enough that our north is the only place where you'll still find people who do not understand a word of Urdu. All the ones that do have such colourful accents due to their ethnic languages.

GB has always been the gem in Pakistan's crown. I mean I don't even know where to begin with the people. Just like the places the people too are indescribably, insanely amazing. You'll have to go there and experience it yourself. But I will tell you this, the locals are not only friendly they are environmentally and socially quite a few notches above the rest of the country. I have so much love for them but it still falls far short of how much I've received from them over so many years.

However, families do not visit as often. Not at all because it's not suitable, but because it's quite a road trip to undertake for women and children. If it helps, my parents never had any issues taking us there ever since we were born.

Thanks man I've got a clear idea now. I will visit soon Inshallah.

@WAJsal

I have been wearing this Chitrali pakol on different occasions here in Karachi since I was a kid. Nothing new for me.

It's obviously not and it's quite common. It's literally become a part of our culture, Pathans have adopted it. And many people wear it too.
It will be good to remember this day and somewhat celebrate it and look to enjoy and give a positive image about our culture. :tup:

Yes we have all worn those caps.

But mostly they are without feathers. Is the feather part optional?

Special message by CM GB...
Gilgit-Batlistan Cultural Cap Day will be celebrated on the first of October. Watch CM Hafiz Hafeez UR Rehman‘s special message on the day.
Reported by Abdul Rehman Bukhari
http://pamirtimes.net/2016/09/21/cm...celebrate-gb-cultural-cap-day-on-1st-october/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:enjoy: @Moonlight ,@Arsalan ,@unleashed ,@shimshali ,@Kambojaric ,@krash ,@waz .......
more updates to follow....
How is it any different from the cap of Pathans?

How is it any different from the cap of Pathans?
Go through the thread, there is no such thing as 'the cap of Pathans'. It mostly has to do with the northern areas.
Read post number 23.

Yes we have all worn those caps.

But mostly they are without feathers. Is the feather part optional?

yes they are optional in old times they were worn on special occasion by high ranking officials. they are also worn by sword dancers when they perform the sword dance nowadays people just wear it on special occasions,on festivals etc, they are also worn by the NLI and local village marching bands ..

Special message by CM GB...
Gilgit-Batlistan Cultural Cap Day will be celebrated on the first of October. Watch CM Hafiz Hafeez UR Rehman‘s special message on the day.
Reported by Abdul Rehman Bukhari
http://pamirtimes.net/2016/09/21/cm...celebrate-gb-cultural-cap-day-on-1st-october/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:enjoy: @Moonlight ,@Arsalan ,@unleashed ,@shimshali ,@Kambojaric ,@krash ,@waz .......
more updates to follow....
I never voted this person, but i must confess at least this man has excellent communication skills. He well represents GB

Yes sure ! I have it and I will wear that day in France to send my greetings

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom