What's new

CM-400AKG: A tough job for the Indian Navy

Just like the Chinese navy came to rescues Pakistan during Kargill right
we are not talking about the same context . This is about the obsolete Idea of blockading Pakistan's sea shore and lines. And I have introduced the Chinese and Gwadar port in the equation.

we are not talking about the same context . This is about the obsolete Idea of blockading Pakistan's sea shore and lines. And I have introduced the Chinese and Gwadar port in the equation.

Morden wars btw Pakistan & India won't last long at most 2-3 weeks it will mostly be a sock & awe campign & unless Chinese have a Naval Base in Gwadar I fail to see how they will respond so quickly
40 years ago we did the job in 2 Weeks imagine with the advancements in tech how soon we will do the job now

Morden wars btw Pakistan & India won't last long at most 2-3 weeks it will mostly be a sock & awe campign & unless Chinese have a Naval Base in Gwadar I fail to see how they will respond so quickly
40 years ago we did the job in 2 Weeks imagine with the advancements in tech how soon we will do the job now

It will be foolish of you to compare a situation 40 years ago with modern day scenario. Had this been the case, India would have repeated the same long ago.

That is what they mean by carrier killer, it is to render it unusable, mainly its runway .. the battle group aircrafts will be hunted down and all the battle group will become vulnerable to attack and destruction.
All your points 1,2,3,4 are good in theory but today's saturation cheap and dangerous sea skimming missiles combined with the coup de grace coming from Ballistic missiles can paralyze any AC.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blockading Pakistani coast lines will bring in China and may other nations to face IN, when their vital interests will be endangered, so they won't allow that in the first place. If India still goes ahead then it will have to face many navies, not only the Pakistani one.This is very realistic now a days considering the development of the Gwadar port and its handling by China. I do not think that India would like to face China.

Just like the Chinese navy came to rescues Pakistan during Kargill right

Not just that. They helped Pakistan in 49 - help get half Kashmir, 65 - help get full Kashmir and in 71 helped split India in half and yeah they helped Pakistan get Kargil too. The delusions of the Chinese posters here is impressive :china:

Carrier killer is a smarter and cheaper option. But it should have reliable targeting and guidance system like US has in terms of GPS' military applications which are only available to US and NATO troops.

In fact, China has taught us a short cut in how to deal with a carrier heavy navy in the future, if at all a conflict breaks out. :)

And a good job for Barak 8

Iron Dome can't even stop slow poke Hamas rockets. Barak 8 is naval version of Iron Dome, having the same 75 km range. I wouldn't bet my life on Barak 8 able to stop a Mach 4 sea skimmer. :rofl:

Iron Dome can't even stop slow poke Hamas rockets. Barak 8 is naval version of Iron Dome, having the same 75 km range. I wouldn't bet my life on Barak 8 able to stop a Mach 4 sea skimmer. :rofl:

Please find sometime to update your knowledge instead of talking shit like DSI.India -Israel JV Barak 8 is developed for intercepting missiles like Yakhont ,a lower version of Brahmos .
And it is able to intercepting Brahmos itself.

So before pulling out stupidity from your rear just update what is Iron Dome and what is Barak 8

India will not be using it's Carrier against Pakistan. Whoever says so does not understand the very concept of Carriers. They are used to operate where you do not have air bases. India has plenty of air bases near Pakistan. Carrier will never come into play. I think as soon as hostilities start, the carrier will move into eastern coast and stay there, Indian military will not risk losing it as there is no advantage in using it.

India will not be using it's Carrier against Pakistan. Whoever says so does not understand the very concept of Carriers. They are used to operate where you do not have air bases. India has plenty of air bases near Pakistan. Carrier will never come into play. I think as soon as hostilities start, the carrier will move into eastern coast and stay there, Indian military will not risk losing it as there is no advantage in using it.

India used carriers in 71 even after having airbases there .

Infact a carrier strike force will be essential part of the strategy to Blockade Pakistani coast.

Even before beginning of hostilities, Carrier strike group will sail out into Arabian Sea and will be positioned near Pakistan western supply port of Gwadar, while another fleet will converge on Karachi.

In their primary role, Carriers are likely to fulfill Air defence cover for Naval ship carrying out strike missions Pakistani harbors...while keeping out of the range of Pakistani land based strike aircrafts.

In their secondary role they might carry out strike missions against Pakistani ships themselves.

Such will create multitude of problems for Pakistani armed forces, as essentially they have been flanked by the enemy, while the main punch comes from East, they would be looking over their shoulder as the enemy might strike from South and South West.

Indo-Pakistani Naval War of 1971 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

exactly.jpg

you got it bro i alaways said that india dosent needs crriers for pakistan as u expalined it beutyfully

Infact a carrier strike force will be essential part of the strategy to Blockade Pakistani coast.

Even before beginning of hostilities, Carrier strike group will sail out into Arabian Sea and will be positioned near Pakistan western supply port of Gwadar, while another fleet will converge on Karachi.

In their primary role, Carriers are likely to fulfill Air defence cover for Naval ship carrying out strike missions Pakistani harbors...while keeping out of the range of Pakistani land based strike aircrafts.

In their secondary role they might carry out strike missions against Pakistani ships themselves.

Such will create multitude of problems for Pakistani armed forces, as essentially they have been flanked by the enemy, while the main punch comes from East, they would be looking over their shoulder as the enemy might strike from South and South West.

Atleast someone understands the intricacies of Naval Blockade.
This was one of my first posts regarding blockading Pakistan. I'm reposting it here because most people do not understand the scale of problems facing PN.

There is a lot being talked about the naval economic blockade being imposed by IN over Pakistan, and the subsequent possibility/probability of the endeavour being successful. I'll just provide my understanding of the Naval blockade .

The imposition of the naval blockade by the IN will be a combination of three distinct actions:

1. Announcement of the blockade: The announcement of the blockade will in itself set off a chain of adverse effects for the Pakistan govt. The ships belonging to neutral shipping corporations/disinterested parties will almost immediately avoid sailing Pakistan, (and to Mumbai harbour I imagine).

That leaves the Pakistan merchant fleet and the ships from "friendly" countries who'd risk their ships breaking Indian blockade. A quick search of the wikipedia reveals Pak Merchanct Navy having just 9 vessels. No atter how I look at it, without aggressive and risky support from friendly nations, the Pakistan Merchant fleet cannot keep up supplies through the IN blockade.

That's stage one, and even without IN active involvement the supply lines have already been stretched taut.

2. The destruction of vital port infrastructure: The next action would logically be destruction/crippling of Pakistani port infrastructure. The key targets for this would obviously include the loading/unloading cranes, the fuel storage facilities and other allied assets, if not the destruction of the berthing facilities.

Pak has just 3 major harbours for large ships, if my knowledge serves me right. It is not unbelievable that IN would be successful in destroying/damaging the operations of the ports. Such destruction would cripple the ability to unload the supplies arriving, achieving the same effect as chocking the supply lines.

This sounds all the more plausible given the weak SAM coverage over Pak airspace.

3. The actual physical blockade by IN ships enforcing the blockade with a forceful posture, some 200 kms outside PN shores: The new carrier(s) and their associated fighters will provide adequate protection against naval maritime strike aircraft, though coverage against SSKs will reduce considerably as the IN ships move further away from Indian shores towards Gwadar, which is also where I'd assume the PN sub fleet would have the highest chance of success in breaching the IN blockade.

Please find sometime to update your knowledge instead of talking shit like DSI.India -Israel JV Barak 8 is developed for intercepting missiles like Yakhont ,a lower version of Brahmos .
And it is able to intercepting Brahmos itself.

So before pulling out stupidity from your rear just update what is Iron Dome and what is Barak 8

Keep in mind, the shield can never stop the spear. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom